Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 05:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks tim, that makes 2 of us, lol
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I did hit this from multiple angles. After speaking /emailing back and forth with a couple different places, DSG is local, experienced, and affordable. $500 for a custom tune is not a lot to spend for what it is. If I chose to go further south, it will cost me more in gas money, an entire day of travel, and most important my time. I have very little time as an expense. So it does make sense, for me, to use a reputable shop that is about 1 hour drive for me each way. The other tuners have a great establishment, and if I was closer to them, I would use them. I have read great results from Ivey and Jestr, but the drive for me is just too far. If this was something I am looking to get every possible tenth of a second and most HP possible, I would travel. But I am keeping this tune at a more reliable stage than a highly aggressive stage. I'm not looking for bragging rights, just a proper tune to support my mods
Nah dude thats cool. DSG is more then convenient. I would just make sure you know a little something about tuning before/after you get the car done so you can question the tune if need be. Do you have a wideband? The car i last saw tuned by them was running like 8:1 with rich knock which is REALLY bad. Not saying that the owner of the car couldnt have been to blame. Just know what you are looking for and make sure they can comply.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Paul looks like the car is coming together nicely. What are your plans for the wheels? Still going to get them powder coated gold?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

thanks, yea, i'm still planning on the gold for now...i have been anxiously awaiting some more free time to photoshop some options, but I think it's gold for now with the silver lip
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Silver lip? which one? please dont paint the beautiful carbon.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
thanks, yea, i'm still planning on the gold for now...i have been anxiously awaiting some more free time to photoshop some options, but I think it's gold for now with the silver lip
paul.... i am sooo hooked on heroes it is stupid... i watched the first seven episodes last nite and i could barely force myself to stop and get to bed lol
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Second season isnt as great as the first. I have been somewhat dissapointed. Next week's episode looks like it might pick up a bit. Paul, did you watch top gear this week. The 599 spot is sick and the veyron vs the jet is ridiculous. Seriously dumb (in a good way).
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Second season isnt as great as the first. I have been somewhat dissapointed. Next week's episode looks like it might pick up a bit. Paul, did you watch top gear this week. The 599 spot is sick and the veyron vs the jet is ridiculous. Seriously dumb (in a good way).
Not yet!!!! I meant to d/l it last nite and I was all caught up in heroes....

check this ****... http://www.leftlanenews.com/ferrari-...voluzione.html

Output for the FXX's V12 engine now totals a staggering 860 horsepower and its redline has been raised to 9,500 rpm.

i <3 leftlanenews.com
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
Output for the FXX's V12 engine now totals a staggering 860 horsepower and its redline has been raised to 9,500 rpm.

i <3 leftlanenews.com
The problem is the FXX is borderline undriveable unless you are a professional. Which is why no one is allowed to own them. I would never pass up a chance to drive one but i think it would be almost to scary to enjoy. I think they took that car a little too far. Wait until you see how well the 599 does around the track. I was incredibly impressed.

edit: i cant even imagine the wonderful sound of a ferrari V12 at 9500 rpm. I think i could die happy after hearing that.

Last edited by MR Turco; Oct 30, 2007 at 07:47 AM.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

the 599 is a front engine everyday enzo. sick.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem is the FXX is borderline undriveable unless you are a professional. Which is why no one is allowed to own them. I would never pass up a chance to drive one but i think it would be almost to scary to enjoy. I think they took that car a little too far. Wait until you see how well the 599 does around the track. I was incredibly impressed.
i definitely agree. that car is just toooo extreme for me. its so extreme that it doesn't even look like a car, it looks more like a rocket ship... with wheels. If were talking completely ridiculous cars, I would much rather have a veyron.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
the 599 is a front engine everyday enzo. sick.
My personal beef with the 599 is that is look almost dead on like a vette. Not that that is a bad thing, but if i were to buy a ferrari it wouldnt look like a chevy.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dexmix
If were talking completely ridiculous cars, I would much rather have a veyron.
Absolutely!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

if i were to buy a ferrari i'd want an f430 scuderia... but i'd want a proper manual... so i'd be torn between a "base" f430 w/ a proper manual and the scuderia...

i'm not a huge fan of the FXX, especially the sytling... im just amazed that ferrari upped the hp to over 800 and is getting power out of a 6 liter v12 at 9500 rpm!!! i cant even begin to imagine what that engine sounds like at WOT and redline...
Old Oct 30, 2007, 07:54 AM
Evolving Member

Absolutely!
i completely respect the veyron and i think its an absolute engineering MARVEL... but personally i'd rather have other cars. like i'd take a zonda f over a veyron. i'd actually probably take an f40 over a veryron to be honest. like i love the car, but for some odd reason i wouldnt want to own one lol. i guess im just crazy!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread