Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Here is the TV the wife and I (mostly me) are planning on getting:

Samsung LN52A750

Edit: I definitely want to get an LCD over a plasma, and Samsung seems to be the way to go. You can get it pretty damn cheap (relatively speaking) nowadays too...
Why so definite about LCD > Plasma. Just asking cuz im gonna be making that choice soon.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Marshall that is the same one i am getting. The LN46A650. Then again now that the 52" is coming down in price i might just get that. But make sure you keep with the 650 series because even though it isn't the newest model it actually has a better response time. Samsung definitely seems to have the best LCDs too.

Kenny i like the LCD over plasmas because they are lighter, more energy efficient and personally i think the new LCDs looks a LOT better.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:20 PM
Evolved Member

damn, came home today to some new packages..stuff I ordered tuesday, free ground shipping and got it today! sweet, new project for the time off next week!

Last edited by MyEvoDream; Dec 18, 2008 at 03:26 PM.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

car project or something else? Maybe new nav system?
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Marshall that is the same one i am getting. The LN46A650. Then again now that the 52" is coming down in price i might just get that. But make sure you keep with the 650 series because even though it isn't the newest model it actually has a better response time. Samsung definitely seems to have the best LCDs too.

Kenny i like the LCD over plasmas because they are lighter, more energy efficient and personally i think the new LCDs looks a LOT better.
7 series, check it son! I can't decide now actually... You are right though, I won't go any lower than the 6 series (specifically the 650, the 630 only has 3 HDMI inputs). The 7 series is basically the same, with the addition of DLNA (you can remotely access your computer for files, pictures, videos, etc). 8 Series again has the same specs, but is much thinner & lighter.

I am not sure if we should go with the 46" or 52" though...I am not so much worried about the price as just the 52" being too big. I think it will be fine though.

And Kenny, I am choosing LCD over Plasma for the exact reasons Turco mentioned.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

bump
I do have all the injector wires and what not under the IM. much cleaner. I will snap a pic or two if I can.
I did have to extend a couple wires for one of the sensors. I will have to look at which one.

i was not all that impressed with the RS4. Then again i was never a VW or Audi fan.
me likie the RS4, not a fan of VW/Audi as well though.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

anyone want to play in the snow tomorrow with the evo? I am praying that I get mine fixed tomorrow morning. Mikie and I bought some fun toys for the house. 155,000 BTU heater for garage and 8hp snow blower no more shoveling
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

I am not sure if we should go with the 46" or 52" though...I am not so much worried about the price as just the 52" being too big. I think it will be fine though.
bigger is always better (thats what she said)
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
bigger is always better (thats what she said)
+1
50-60" is perfect for a living room
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:34 PM

Ya...I that's what I was thinking too...
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by _TMR_05
it has a lot of potential to be great but it needs another 3-4,000 thrown at it and i just cant do it. ive put to much into it already and dont have the time. i love the car but someone else needs to take it to the next step.

and thanks saying you like it
The H22 is an awesome motor.

My brother has one in his Accord. The car keeps up just fine with STI and EVOs in the same class at most tracks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlHBYe0fW58
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:45 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

7 series, check it son! I can't decide now actually... You are right though, I won't go any lower than the 6 series (specifically the 650, the 630 only has 3 HDMI inputs). The 7 series is basically the same, with the addition of DLNA (you can remotely access your computer for files, pictures, videos, etc). 8 Series again has the same specs, but is much thinner & lighter.
Yeah i have no need for the DLNA with the PS3. The 650 does have the LAN input so you can get weather and news and such.

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
I do have all the injector wires and what not under the IM. much cleaner. I will snap a pic or two if I can.
I did have to extend a couple wires for one of the sensors. I will have to look at which one.
Nice! Take pics if you can i really want to get an idea because i might do that when i install.

anyone want to play in the snow tomorrow with the evo? I am praying that I get mine fixed tomorrow morning.
Evo will be down for at least another week Is that a kerosene heater? If so greg used to have the same one. It sounds like a friggin jet. We used to turn it on and hang out in the basement until the garage was heated then go out. It isnt bad if you are working alone just loud.

Well i temporarily hooked up the sub until greg can come over and help me permantely mount it. I forgot how frigging good it sounds. I listened to a bit of A Milli and ZOMG so awesome.

Here are some pics of the intake mani uninstall, someone was asking for them:
Attached Thumbnails Worcester/Boston Social Thread-intake-manifold-removal-001-small-.jpg   Worcester/Boston Social Thread-intake-manifold-removal-007-small-.jpg   Worcester/Boston Social Thread-intake-manifold-removal-008-small-.jpg   Worcester/Boston Social Thread-intake-manifold-removal-009-small-.jpg  
Old Dec 18, 2008, 04:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

+1
50-60" is perfect for a living room
haha, i missed this one

It really depends on the living room. My cousin has a tiny living room in his house in NY and the 46" is HUGE in there since at the furthest distance you are about 4 ft from the TV.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

I'll be doing some boarding in the snow tomorrow night and saturday morning...Vegas, let me know if you're going out saturday morning at all, I'd love to get some pics this winter of evos going sideways and kicking up snow...I'll take some of you, the black will contrast good with the snow
Old Dec 18, 2008, 05:15 PM

Yeah i have no need for the DLNA with the PS3. The 650 does have the LAN input so you can get weather and news and such.
Ohhhh.....good point! Bella will be buying me PS3 with the new house I think you just made up my mind...LN52A650 it is!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread