Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola
Sweet, you should still have my cell, if not PM me and I'll send it to you, you can come hang out here if you want, just be me, the bro-in-law and animals. Once the snow piles up a little we're going to head out and have some fun and take some vids/pics.

Also, would you be interested in helping me and Brian (that's my bro in law) install my boost gauge/uego when it comes in? I will provide food/beverages of your choice!
Yea np, just let me know when you need the help. I still have your number so ill give you a call if I head out once the snow starts.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
yeah i find the evo pretty easy to wire actually. I spent about 5 hours wiring my sub however but i think it came out mint.
Ricer!!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Ricer!!
maybe a little bit but at least i dont listen to techno. That is until anything from Initial D comes on the iPod
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Damn! I Like!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...er-street.html
Old Dec 19, 2008, 04:19 AM

Wow...that thing is pretty hott!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
send me the for sale link timz
My used car manager found it for me online through his used car connection, and called to talk to the guy who had it at his dealership. Dealer is in Minnesota. I found one for sale in MN on Autotrader, but can not confirm if it is the same car. I think it is, and that is where I referenced the pic from. I should be getting more info this morning if the guy sends the email that he said he would.

My adgenda is simple. Get a nicer car that also has great performance.
Being a single dad, and having her fulltime, leaves me almost zero time for anything now. Especially working on the Evo and doing the things I want to it. I just don't have the time. I still haven't even put in my new struts and springs...how many months have gone by??? I pretty much have Sam everytime I drive, minus my trip into work. And that is in the city. So even spirited driving doesn't happen anymore I love owning my Evo. And would hate to part with it. But while it is still worth something, I am torn between selling it for the value that it holds. And apply that to a car I normally would not purchase, like the RS4 (or S4). I want AWD, and still want a (relatively) fast car. But also a car that will not tempt me to constantly be wanting to upgrade parts and mod. We'll see. I am just kicking tires right now.

It really depends on the living room. My cousin has a tiny living room in his house in NY and the 46" is HUGE in there since at the furthest distance you are about 4 ft from the TV.
I had a 50" plasma, and when she moved out I replaced it with the same only in 42". In my living room, the 42" has a much better viewing pleasure IMO. But, my next purchase when the time comes will be an LCD. My parents living room is 20' X 24' with really high ceilings, and my dads 50" works out perfect (imo) for his room.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

oh yeah....Morning fellaz

Let it snow *****-fuggaz!!!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
My used car manager found it for me online through his used car connection, and called to talk to the guy who had it at his dealership. Dealer is in Minnesota. I found one for sale in MN on Autotrader, but can not confirm if it is the same car. I think it is, and that is where I referenced the pic from. I should be getting more info this morning if the guy sends the email that he said he would.

My adgenda is simple. Get a nicer car that also has great performance.
Being a single dad, and having her fulltime, leaves me almost zero time for anything now. Especially working on the Evo and doing the things I want to it. I just don't have the time. I still haven't even put in my new struts and springs...how many months have gone by??? I pretty much have Sam everytime I drive, minus my trip into work. And that is in the city. So even spirited driving doesn't happen anymore I love owning my Evo. And would hate to part with it. But while it is still worth something, I am torn between selling it for the value that it holds. And apply that to a car I normally would not purchase, like the RS4 (or S4). I want AWD, and still want a (relatively) fast car. But also a car that will not tempt me to constantly be wanting to upgrade parts and mod. We'll see. I am just kicking tires right now.
Tim, if you can get it, then it sounds like an RS4 (or S4) would be a great car for you. They are NA (well since they switched over to the 4.2) and so you would be less likely to mod it (or want to for that matter). Plus they have a great balance between sport & luxury (IMHO) and look great. I would look into a 335xi as well, although you may be more tempted with the mod bug with that one. Also, the new Acura TL just came out, and now has SH-AWD. It is less of a sports car though. Then there is the CTS, which has AWD available as well. And finally, the new G37x should be a very sweet car as well. They are also very highly rated

And Tim, apparently I am living in a cave, as I had no idea about your current situation I am sorry to hear this and hope you are doing well!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Morning..................................
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Tim, if you can get it, then it sounds like an RS4 (or S4) would be a great car for you. They are NA (well since they switched over to the 4.2) and so you would be less likely to mod it (or want to for that matter). Plus they have a great balance between sport & luxury (IMHO) and look great. I would look into a 335xi as well, although you may be more tempted with the mod bug with that one. Also, the new Acura TL just came out, and now has SH-AWD. It is less of a sports car though. Then there is the CTS, which has AWD available as well. And finally, the new G37x should be a very sweet car as well. They are also very highly rated

And Tim, apparently I am living in a cave, as I had no idea about your current situation I am sorry to hear this and hope you are doing well!
I think the new TLs are UGGly
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:45 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would get a G35/37 in a heart beat. Then again i really do like the new CTS
Old Dec 19, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Tim, I think the RS4 is a great, sophisticated, decently powered, awd 4 door that will probably fit your needs.....not sure if they are prone to audi electrical glitches and other misc. stuff, like other audi's...but I think it'd be a decent choice..
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
I think the new TLs are UGGly
I know...I do too, but it met his other criteria so I threw it out there! I think the last gen TL type S's were hawt though! I love their wheels

Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

+1 Marshall, I dont know why they changed, the fronts of all the new acuras look Fugly
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:13 AM

Is everyone (besides Type R) working today? I am, but will be leaving at noon and working from home the rest of the day...RWD F-150 FTL!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread