Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Tim, I think the RS4 is a great, sophisticated, decently powered, awd 4 door that will probably fit your needs.....not sure if they are prone to audi electrical glitches and other misc. stuff, like other audi's...but I think it'd be a decent choice..
I have been reading as much customer feedback as I can find. And have had great reviews so far. You hit the nail on the head with what you described the car being. As for the electrical glitches...they dont seem to be as apparent as they used to be in the past.

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Tim, if you can get it, then it sounds like an RS4 (or S4) would be a great car for you. They are NA (well since they switched over to the 4.2) and so you would be less likely to mod it (or want to for that matter). Plus they have a great balance between sport & luxury (IMHO) and look great. I would look into a 335xi as well, although you may be more tempted with the mod bug with that one. Also, the new Acura TL just came out, and now has SH-AWD. It is less of a sports car though. Then there is the CTS, which has AWD available as well. And finally, the new G37x should be a very sweet car as well. They are also very highly rated

And Tim, apparently I am living in a cave, as I had no idea about your current situation I am sorry to hear this and hope you are doing well!

Thanks Marshall. Its been a few months, and a very rocky road. But all is working out (slowly) in my favor. And that is getting Sam as much as humanly possible. I only don't have her when I work and one weekend night. Its hard to explain, but even though she leaves me with almost zero time to myself, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's that rewarding . You guys will get your turn and then know what I mean

As for the car thing...The NA is what I really want. This will keep me from the mod bug. I drive about 6k +/- miles a year. And after researching and reading, I keep being drawn back to the RS4/S4 series. I would love a 335xi, but again, its got 2 turbo's...which would make me look for upgrades. And in long term could be more maintenance than desired. And that would be costly on that car. I have read into the other cars mentioned. But am not drawn to them for some reason or another. I am a big fan of the G series, but need a sedan. I have driven the new G sedan a few times. My best friend Laura has a new G35X. Nice, but doesn't do it for me. Teh Evo REALLY spoils you once looking into another car to purchase Ehh...we'll see. I am not in any hurry.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I guess i dont understand why you are less likely to mod an NA car versus a turbo car.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolving Member

+1 Marshall, I dont know why they changed, the fronts of all the new acuras look Fugly
+1 new acura frondends is ugly.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Tim, (did I mention I would LOVE to take a ride in the G35X... )
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
oh **** that is hot!!!

oh btw, i just woke up! (thats for marshall mainly!)
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Tim, if you can get it, then it sounds like an RS4 (or S4) would be a great car for you. They are NA (well since they switched over to the 4.2) and so you would be less likely to mod it (or want to for that matter). Plus they have a great balance between sport & luxury (IMHO) and look great. I would look into a 335xi as well, although you may be more tempted with the mod bug with that one. Also, the new Acura TL just came out, and now has SH-AWD. It is less of a sports car though. Then there is the CTS, which has AWD available as well. And finally, the new G37x should be a very sweet car as well. They are also very highly rated

And Tim, apparently I am living in a cave, as I had no idea about your current situation I am sorry to hear this and hope you are doing well!
these are all really good options the 335xi sedan would be a great option.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Thanks Marshall. Its been a few months, and a very rocky road. But all is working out (slowly) in my favor. And that is getting Sam as much as humanly possible. I only don't have her when I work and one weekend night. Its hard to explain, but even though she leaves me with almost zero time to myself, I wouldn't trade it for anything. It's that rewarding . You guys will get your turn and then know what I mean
Well seems you are doing the right thing, and being a great, responsible parent. I am sure Sam will thank you some day for that

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
As for the car thing...The NA is what I really want. This will keep me from the mod bug. I drive about 6k +/- miles a year. And after researching and reading, I keep being drawn back to the RS4/S4 series. I would love a 335xi, but again, its got 2 turbo's...which would make me look for upgrades. And in long term could be more maintenance than desired. And that would be costly on that car. I have read into the other cars mentioned. But am not drawn to them for some reason or another. I am a big fan of the G series, but need a sedan. I have driven the new G sedan a few times. My best friend Laura has a new G35X. Nice, but doesn't do it for me. Teh Evo REALLY spoils you once looking into another car to purchase Ehh...we'll see. I am not in any hurry.
I tend to agree with you. I prefer the older G35 coupes to the new ones, but I do like the new G37 sedan

But overall, I think the car that would do it for me most would be an RS4. They are rare (I think I have only ever seen 1 or 2 on the road ), gorgeous, and after reading an article like this, gets you all excited just thinking about it
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

There is this blue one I see all the time over here, It's freaking sweet! Gets me wanting one really bad as well, but cant do it.. after a house I have decided my next daily driver is an e46
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
oh **** that is hot!!!

If you just woke up. Why the hell did I get a txt at 6:55 am? haha
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Tim, (did I mention I would LOVE to take a ride in the G35X... )
....you mean you would love to meet my friend Laura
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Is everyone (besides Type R) working today? I am, but will be leaving at noon and working from home the rest of the day...RWD F-150 FTL!
I'm working
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
If you just woke up. Why the hell did I get a txt at 6:55 am? haha
haha cuz i passed otu and didnt get ur last txt and thats when i woke up (briefly), so i replied!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I guess i dont understand why you are less likely to mod an NA car versus a turbo car.
Because unless besides a turbo/supercharger kit, you are not going to make very much additional power (generally speaking) with simple bolt-ons as you would with a factory boosted car. Therefore, you would be less likely to mod it in the first place. I.e. if an exhaust on a turbo car will add 30hp & 50ft/lb (just throwing #'s out there) and costs $X, where as an exhaust for an NA car only adds 7hp & 10ft/lbs and costs $X * 2 (since there would likely be less aftermarket support in the first place), which would car would you be more tempted to mod (hopefully that all made sense)

Look at Bruce's RalliArt. He has as much $$ in aftermarket stuff as we do, yet our cars make an additional 100-150 hp, where as his might have added 20? (no offense Bruce!!) Again, just generalizing, but you get the idea.
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
Thanks A-hole!!
Old Dec 19, 2008, 07:50 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks A-hole!!
srsly i has a mountain of hate for you.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread