Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 10:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I refuse to go to fireflys in framingham. All the other suggestions are good though.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by st3alth5
So my vote for the meet is either tonight or Thursday at John Harvard's, Ruby Tuesday's, the 99 (Marlborough), Checkerboards, Firefly's (Framingham), or some other new place with tons of parking and a short wait.
thurs @ john harvards it is. should we bother with reservations? who is in?

so far:
me
dex (you dont have a choice)
turco + 2
randy
greg

paul (+1)?
dave (+1)?
marshall?
kev?
brian?
eric?
pierre?
bueller?

the main thread is updated.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Oct 30, 2007 at 06:00 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
thurs @ john harvards it is. should we bother with reservations?
We should call-ahead if there are 8 or more of us. Do they even take reservations?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 12:42 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

turco + 2 most likely
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:11 PM
Evolving Member

Turco,

I'd hate to bring this all up from the dead... but tuning wise I have no problems with DSG.

I actually didn't know the tuner myself, but he's a friend of a friends I found out lately. I was there to tune my friend's talon, and did a conservative tune on my own evo for kicks. Matt (the tuner there) definitely knows what he's doing. I have no idea of the bad experience the other person has.. but to say that there was an 8:1 fuel ratio is just unbelievable to me.

Look, the machine outputs all the readings, unless the wideband was really off, or a bad boost leak/something happened... how can it be tuned that way? Sure I did talk a lot of shop with him, he gave me some good pointers, I gave him a few of my inputs, but he is by FAR competent to tune the car.

Hope that clears some things out, or PM me... or I'll try to make it to another of these meets. Unfortunately it's usually a bad time for me to get home to see you guys and eat, even though it's as close to my own home as I could ask for.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by st3alth5
We should call-ahead if there are 8 or more of us. Do they even take reservations?
never been there...

lol after all that talk of the FXX earlier... check this out:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/10/30/c...or-the-street/

Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

random question... anyone here ever get involved in scca stuff? i'd like to for next season...
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

SWEEEEET!!!!

My trunk lid and rear bumper just showed up all freshly painted. They will go on tonight. WINGLESS FTW!!! (For This Week ) Hopefully the spoiler will be back tomorrow or thursday. As far as the VG, that was accidentally forgotten. So that will be a couple more days. Paint came out supercalifragilisticexpealidcious!!!! After winter I will have the front cover repainted along with my new lower lip

Get photshoppin Paul!! Not much time left before we get our stuff together to drop off ....btw check your phone I tex'd ya
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

yeah man I will probably join the BMW SCCA next season. You pay $40 once and then you can do their other events at members prices. I am hoping to do a couple driving schools and the safety course.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:33 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
SWEEEEET!!!!

My trunk lid and rear bumper just showed up all freshly painted. They will go on tonight. WINGLESS FTW!!! (For This Week ) Hopefully the spoiler will be back tomorrow or thursday. As far as the VG, that was accidentally forgotten. So that will be a couple more days. Paint came out supercalifragilisticexpealidcious!!!! After winter I will have the front cover repainted along with my new lower lip

Get photshoppin Paul!! Not much time left before we get our stuff together to drop off ....btw check your phone I tex'd ya
Nice mang! so you should be driving to the meet on thursday right?
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

random question... anyone here ever get involved in scca stuff? i'd like to for next season...
There is a guy I work with here who is on a race team who runs in GT3 in SCCA. He's one of the race car owners mechanic. I plan on doing some stuff next year, and he has tons of experience in this and in COMM. If you are really interested, I can get us all together and he can give you/us the quick ins and outs of the classes. His name is Peter Janssen. Our company VP of Operations (Alex Saidel) also races in the 2 SCCA classes. Retired NASCAR class, and Vintage British Sports Car class. And yes, we have a '98 Chevrolet Monte Carlo #24 Dupont car...and a few "JOMAR" british race cars (in house name) you'd have to see them rather than me explain.....holy waste of money and resources to run one weekend a year
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
yeah man I will probably join the BMW SCCA next season. You pay $40 once and then you can do their other events at members prices. I am hoping to do a couple driving schools and the safety course.
sweet.

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
There is a guy I work with here who is on a race team who runs in GT3 in SCCA. He's one of the race car owners mechanic. I plan on doing some stuff next year, and he has tons of experience in this and in COMM. If you are really interested, I can get us all together and he can give you/us the quick ins and outs of the classes. His name is Peter Janssen. Our company VP of Operations (Alex Saidel) also races in the 2 SCCA classes. Retired NASCAR class, and Vintage British Sports Car class. And yes, we have a '98 Chevrolet Monte Carlo #24 Dupont car...and a few "JOMAR" british race cars (in house name) you'd have to see them rather than me explain.....holy waste of money and resources to run one weekend a year
sick.

Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Nice mang! so you should be driving to the meet on thursday right?
No can do...my Mother is taking Samantha for most of the night. We are hosting a catered ope house here at the Volvo dealership in regards to launching the new 2008 Volvo XC70 and 2008 Volvo C30. I have to attend to conduct vehicle demonstration along with new accessories demonstration for these vehicles. Its pretty much a ritzie catered party to get people in to see the new cars....I'd rather come to the meet, but this is my moment to shine
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
Turco,

I'd hate to bring this all up from the dead... but tuning wise I have no problems with DSG.

I actually didn't know the tuner myself, but he's a friend of a friends I found out lately. I was there to tune my friend's talon, and did a conservative tune on my own evo for kicks. Matt (the tuner there) definitely knows what he's doing. I have no idea of the bad experience the other person has.. but to say that there was an 8:1 fuel ratio is just unbelievable to me.

Look, the machine outputs all the readings, unless the wideband was really off, or a bad boost leak/something happened... how can it be tuned that way? Sure I did talk a lot of shop with him, he gave me some good pointers, I gave him a few of my inputs, but he is by FAR competent to tune the car.

Hope that clears some things out, or PM me... or I'll try to make it to another of these meets. Unfortunately it's usually a bad time for me to get home to see you guys and eat, even though it's as close to my own home as I could ask for.
Steve were the hell have you been i havent seen you since you bought my high flow cat, which was like a year ago.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:13 PM

I signed up like 5 months ago. Oh and i will be at the meet most likely.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread