Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exactly Turco! It shouldn't leave your desk
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

seriously why are so many asshats waiting til the last minute to shop this year, when you can just do it online and not leave your house! took me 2+ hours to get home yesterday!!! (15 miles!)
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

Jay- Trade it in now while it is working lol...and a Subie like the one you have been driving would be an excellent DD. Get out of your car asap. It has been nothing but a disaster for you :shrugs:
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

wrx as a dd ftw!

after you finish school you can pick up a used viii ix or x for a fun/project car
Old Dec 23, 2008, 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea sounds like its a good bet, my problem is I'm not sure how much of a monthly payment I can afford due to the fact that I'm already making school payments. Ideally I'd want to trade/sell the lancer for a used bug-eye. I'm not a fan of the 07' body style, and the new ones are really... camry-eque but I guess I could get used to that. My buddy's 08 wrx boots real nice and I hear the 09's are a nice package.

Side note: Someone set off the side alarm at work and the security guy is on vacation and won't make it in till tomorrow. Stupid annoying beeping sound of death!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

I am so bored already...lame>
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

<- counting down minutes tils i am out for 2 weeks!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
yea sounds like its a good bet, my problem is I'm not sure how much of a monthly payment I can afford due to the fact that I'm already making school payments. Ideally I'd want to trade/sell the lancer for a used bug-eye. I'm not a fan of the 07' body style, and the new ones are really... camry-eque but I guess I could get used to that. My buddy's 08 wrx boots real nice and I hear the 09's are a nice package.

Side note: Someone set off the side alarm at work and the security guy is on vacation and won't make it in till tomorrow. Stupid annoying beeping sound of death!
My buddy just picked up a used 03 evo (82k miles) for $11k that needed a new tranny. Paid $800ish for the tranny rebuild and he's good to go!

I paid $7500 for mine but it was in a flood and was missing a few parts, I'm probably $9k into it now including the car, but good deals can be found if you look in the right place

Bugeyes are god awfully cheap these days too, just remember that every $5k you pay is about $100 a month. I can see you trading in a lancer and only having to pay another $4-$6k for an older WRX.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah the great part about a WRX is that you can get a long block and trannies very easily and for short money.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

not bad deals... I paid 13,400 for mine 3 + years ago. with 30k on it.
had slight body damage from a deer that was never fixed!!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the heads up guys, looks like I'ma start looking for a used bug-eye or something.

Honestly I would love an evo, but after owning one mitsu and having so many problems with it I'm not so sure I want to risk taking another one into my driveway. I mean if the price is right I'd jump into an evo, but right now I'm bias towards a scoobie :-) That don't mean I'ma leave you guys on this forum though, nice try.
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Oooo. sux to hear that
Your telling me. The owner won't even so much as let me hire a part time driver. He sees it more "affordable" to use other employees here and there. Well, yesterday I had noone to use, with like at least 10 delieveries sitting here. So what do I get told...make it happen...ummm?? Seriously??

So I shut down shop yesterday at like 1..and I got to deal with doing deliveries, while noone was here to answer the phones. Yup..going to build great wholesale that way...makes perfect sense to have your manager out there delivering $hit .

On a different note...I so can't wait for Xmas to be over...this was by far the most expensive yearEVER. I still can't believe I spent just over $5k at a jewerly store last night.

Oh well...as of Xmas night I will be officially engaged.... *gulp*
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

daaaammmmnnn, well I (hope) a congrats will be in order shortly for you!

Originally Posted by Spins4
Your telling me. The owner won't even so much as let me hire a part time driver. He sees it more "affordable" to use other employees here and there. Well, yesterday I had noone to use, with like at least 10 delieveries sitting here. So what do I get told...make it happen...ummm?? Seriously??

So I shut down shop yesterday at like 1..and I got to deal with doing deliveries, while noone was here to answer the phones. Yup..going to build great wholesale that way...makes perfect sense to have your manager out there delivering $hit .

On a different note...I so can't wait for Xmas to be over...this was by far the most expensive yearEVER. I still can't believe I spent just over $5k at a jewerly store last night.

Oh well...as of Xmas night I will be officially engaged.... *gulp*
Old Dec 23, 2008, 09:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
daaaammmmnnn, well I (hope) a congrats will be in order shortly for you!
You hope??!! B!tch better say yes I'm just kidding...I know she will. But thanks in advance man!!
Old Dec 23, 2008, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

yoo bill! Congrats dude!
Hey if you let me drive an evo I'll do deliveries for you!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread