Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazymikie
160k miles, which still means she must have another 100k in there.

It is completely a blast. I was tossing it around a bit on the ride home last night and had a great time. I'm going to get it registered today hopefully.
How'd you find an unmolested one? Seems like all the ones I see are either riced out or rusted out. Gotta love honda's that run forever...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 06:58 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just moved around the finances and i should have the evo paid off in 20 months. High five for bad economy helping my variable interest rates on my student loans lowering my payments
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
How'd you find an unmolested one? Seems like all the ones I see are either riced out or rusted out. Gotta love honda's that run forever...
I've been looking for over a year on and off. This one was owned by a college kid who never really messed with it. He was looking for something bigger to move his stuff too and from school, so he was getting rid of it.

It's got some stuff that will be parted out shortly- like 2 12" subs in the hatch. I'm too old for that....at least in my car. Now in the home theatre, that's another story....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
i just moved around the finances and i should have the evo paid off in 20 months. High five for bad economy helping my variable interest rates on my student loans lowering my payments
I'm an idiot how consolidated to a fixed rate way back when. Mothertruckers.....
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

When i went to consolidate they offered me 10%. HAHAHA I was like F uck you and now i wins @ 4.5%.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by crazymikie
I've been looking for over a year on and off. This one was owned by a college kid who never really messed with it. He was looking for something bigger to move his stuff too and from school, so he was getting rid of it.

It's got some stuff that will be parted out shortly- like 2 12" subs in the hatch. I'm too old for that....at least in my car. Now in the home theatre, that's another story....
Yea I've determined that I'd be better off with a wrx wagon, easier to move stuff around.

I know how you feel about the subs and such for the car. My buddy's car has 2 12's in back and I've out grown the need to play music for the car driving next to me. The Sun and sound package for the lancer is more than sufficient, hell without the sub I think I'd be just as happy.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I just put a single 12" in the evo. Sounds so good, but i like a lot of rap music.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I just put a single 12" in the evo. Sounds so good, but i like a lot of rap music.
Yeah, I remember when you pulled up next to me at Wal-Mart a few weeks back hearing NWA playing...I kid I kid. I have a single 10" in my trunk and it's more than enough for me. And the wing.

PS Turco, I am hoping to get my Uego and boost gauge installed in the next few weeks, pretty much depends on my brother in law getting around to helping me out or even better Josh hopefully, I'm dying to get my car retuned. Gotta put you to work man! Which reminds me, I don't want to install an hard intake pipe until I can be tuned for it, right? I have one sitting around, waiting to go in, right before your tune would be the best time to install, no?
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:21 AM

When i went to consolidate they offered me 10%. HAHAHA I was like F uck you and now i wins @ 4.5%.
I'm not that bad off- I think I'm at 5.25%

I don't feel so bad now.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

people have mixed results with the hard intake pipes. Some need a retune other dont. You will know if you have idle problems. I know daves car is fine with his AEM pipe.

Last edited by MR Turco; Dec 30, 2008 at 07:24 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

people have mixed results with the hard intake pipes. Some need a retune other dont. You will know if you have idle problems.
Sounds good, so install not to long before your tune to be safe. Gotcha!

Is it lunch time yet, I feel like I haven't eaten in a week...
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola

And to think I could be doing stuff at the house or my sister or any number of things...
did you just say you could be doing your sister??? and these guys missed it? wowz.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

holy crap how did i miss that.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
hm... bad temptations... how much? haha Didn't you have it off the road recently for some problems?

I test drove one of the wrx's last night. It was a blue 03 with 91K miles on it. The owner purchased a new bmw and didn't want to keep the wrx anymore. 1 owner and original clutch which seemed to be fine when I checked it out and test drove it. The only problem is he hasn't done his 60K service yet, however he "apparently" gets his tranny and his "other fluids" flushed every 3 oil changes at Valvoline. Which I'm not so sure they actually do with what I hear about these Jiffy Lube places. The car had bumper scratches on the front and rear bumpers and some pretty nasty door dings. The engine seemed like it needed some cleaning but other than that it had what he called a "4-cylinder tick". He just replaced the downstream O2 sensor too. No maintenance records, and he was born in 79' according to his registration (ran the plates ).

He wanted 9500, but I said it needed a 60K job and he said he'll take 9000... However I wouldn't pay more than 7500-8000 for it with the paint condition.

Yea I came in to do more testing today but they failed to mention that the lab was closed. Woo getting paid to surf!
I don't know an exact price but it was off the road because it blew the balanced shaft out the front of the motor so I went and bought a full long block
Give me a call my cell number is 7022064405
Old Dec 30, 2008, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
did you just say you could be doing your sister??? and these guys missed it? wowz.
Damn...messed up but I deserve that for not properly forming my sentence. I ment doing stuff for her like bring stuff down to R.I. for her that I got since her place burned down.

Good catch Dave and shame on everyone else for missing it!!!

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread