Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
damn son, that sucks. Get any sweet meds?
nah- steroids, tessalon, and some other inhaled therapy... still waiting on the results of the chest X-ray. and unfortunately, I can't even relax at home...i have to run a 4pm program review... so sad.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
hey fools.

spent 5 hours today in and out of doc's offices...got chest X-rays and lots of meds to treat my "unspecific respiratory distress". They took XRays to rule out TB because they have no guesses otherwise.

*sigh*
Dude, sorry your so sick. Hope it goes away soon...
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I'll keep updating you guys of my boring lifestyle and idiotic car choices.
Depending on the mileage - an 08 WRX is definitely not an idiotic choice.

Originally Posted by avengerhed
nah- steroids, tessalon, and some other inhaled therapy... still waiting on the results of the chest X-ray. and unfortunately, I can't even relax at home...i have to run a 4pm program review... so sad.
oh mega-bummer
Old Jan 9, 2009, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Bill... PM?
Getting to it bud....things been a little...well...things have just plain blown donkey nuts "where I work" (dont wanna say where it is before I end up with Marshall). Place has me walking on egg shells type of nervous lately...blows. But anywho..Im still working on it. I did make the call to "them" and were supposed to hear back. If I dont hear by end of today from "them"...I'll call again Monday.

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
bill ur 35r link in sig does not work fyi
Thanks Paul..just fixored.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Bill- Srsly, I would be looking for a "backup plan"...the domino effect stemming from the credit crisis is hitting EVERYONE in our industry. My dept's numbers are doing very well considering the economy...but I am starting to see dealerships just throw in the towel before giving it an ultimate fighting chance to make it through this hardship. We all agreed here to accept a 10% cut in pay to maintain working and keeping our positions. I saw this two ways, but have to accept the change. My numbers haven't fallen. Yet I have to take the hit regardless. I didn't want to take any chances moving on and not finding something that could at least match my existing income. I had to look at the big picture being a single fulltime parent. This industry did the same thing back in the early 80's...I just hope your establishment doesn't give in and lock up shop. Best of luck man...watch your back, no one else is
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Bill- Srsly, I would be looking for a "backup plan"...the domino effect stemming from the credit crisis is hitting EVERYONE in our industry. My dept's numbers are doing very well considering the economy...but I am starting to see dealerships just throw in the towel before giving it an ultimate fighting chance to make it through this hardship. We all agreed here to accept a 10% cut in pay to maintain working and keeping our positions. I saw this two ways, but have to accept the change. My numbers haven't fallen. Yet I have to take the hit regardless. I didn't want to take any chances moving on and not finding something that could at least match my existing income. I had to look at the big picture being a single fulltime parent. This industry did the same thing back in the early 80's...I just hope your establishment doesn't give in and lock up shop. Best of luck man...watch your back, no one else is
Oh believe me, I have been. Even started looking out of New England (kind of sick of it here anyway). I been in and out of this industry for a while...it blows. My girl everyday asks whats wrong, and I have to say to her..."imagine waking up every morning and going to work, and not knowing if by the end of the day, if you will be coming back or not". ESPECIALLY with the amount of **** I do here..and for this place..kinda makes ya nateous sometimes. F^ck..as it is..I walk in this morning, only to find out that yet ANOTHER GM has been let go...that's #3 in the 6 months I have been at Mits....I mean "here" .
Old Jan 9, 2009, 12:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Spins4
Getting to it bud....things been a little...well...things have just plain blown donkey nuts "where I work" (dont wanna say where it is before I end up with Marshall). Place has me walking on egg shells type of nervous lately...blows. But anywho..Im still working on it. I did make the call to "them" and were supposed to hear back. If I dont hear by end of today from "them"...I'll call again Monday.
OK, sorry to be a pain in the ***. I'll wait patiently No rush.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:19 PM

verizon has me on hold for an hour and a half now.

it's an 800 number though and i think i'll just leave it on speaker phone over the weekend. they do get billed for that, right?

background: verizon is retarded and wants me to pay bills they can't produce.
Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
OK, sorry to be a pain in the ***. I'll wait patiently No rush.
Not a pain at all man...when I say this place has me in 80 directions..Im not joking.

Let me ask you guys this, how many parts managers do you know, that not only do they work ALONE...run service AND parts every other Saturday...have to do all their "magerial duties".. handle service/wholesale/retail AND pain in the a$$ internet orders (nevermind the phone calls from ignorant ***** from all around the US)...ordering and all that BS...but now...I even play delivery boy now. Twice now I have had to close shop...and go out and do my own deliveries... nevermind the ones I do on the way home...or on the way in...

Old Jan 9, 2009, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Not a pain at all man...when I say this place has me in 80 directions..Im not joking.

Let me ask you guys this, how many parts managers do you know, that not only do they work ALONE...run service AND parts every other Saturday...have to do all their "magerial duties".. handle service/wholesale/retail AND pain in the a$$ internet orders (nevermind the phone calls from ignorant ***** from all around the US)...ordering and all that BS...but now...I even play delivery boy now. Twice now I have had to close shop...and go out and do my own deliveries... nevermind the ones I do on the way home...or on the way in...

Bill- you HAVE to make a stand and call the shot. By doing such nonsense as to closing up shop to do deliveries is only giving in to them abusing that much more of you. Don't end up their hand puppet...you're only hurting yourself more
I don't have any say in the service dept, as they have their own manager to run it (thank god..they're a **** show sometimes lol).

You could always do what I did 4 years ago...they fired my driver without any discussion with me about it. I called a local currier service, and had all my delivers done by an outside sourced company. Then submitted the bill each day to the office...by the 3rd day my driver was back. But you have to have a set to pull a stunt like that. I was able to prove ten fold that my wholesale parts deliveries where a significant source of income to the dealership. And me without having been pulled aside to discuss said matter, was justified in my decision to keep my wholesale customers keep purchasing...and, from a sales dept point, my wholesale acct's are a great reference when their customers need a new car ....change the perspective. It's a great way to get the "tools" you need to operate your dept. Cutting you off of all these key components needed in your parts dept is crucial. Ask them how the sales dept would feel selling from brochures and no vehicles on the lot ........this business can really suck sometimes!!
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

Oh believe me, I have been. Even started looking out of New England (kind of sick of it here anyway). I been in and out of this industry for a while...it blows. My girl everyday asks whats wrong, and I have to say to her..."imagine waking up every morning and going to work, and not knowing if by the end of the day, if you will be coming back or not". ESPECIALLY with the amount of **** I do here..and for this place..kinda makes ya nateous sometimes. F^ck..as it is..I walk in this morning, only to find out that yet ANOTHER GM has been let go...that's #3 in the 6 months I have been at Mits....I mean "here" .
Bill sorry to hear the crap that is going on. Since I work in the financial world I know exactly what its like to walk into work with no idea if by the end of the day you will be employed.
Good luck
Old Jan 9, 2009, 02:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Intake mani looks great! Just finished tapping the 3/8th NPT bung for MAT sensor. I can't wait to get some logs of post IC intake temps
Old Jan 9, 2009, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

we has a new little white fluffy family member
Old Jan 9, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Hey guys,
Just checking in. Marshall got banned? Weaksauce...
I can't really visit many websites here at bosch, its a great company and everything they're just really protective on the web browsing we do. I can't even check my personal email, probably due to fear of internal "espionage" as they put it. But o well they're teaching be noise and vibration analysis on radiator fan motors and windsheild wiper motors. Pretty cool stuff and technology, however its a lot to gather.

Final note on the lancer, its gonna be stripped of all mods and traded in for an 08 wrx in the next month or so. I know certain models of the wrx have spun rod bearing issues however that was isolated to specific manufacture dates.

I'll keep updating you guys of my boring lifestyle and idiotic car choices.
The 09 wrxs are MUCH improved over the 08s... fyi
Old Jan 9, 2009, 05:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
paul post pics of the new pup.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread