Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys...had a blast this weekend. Good lord many o pints have been consumed. So, I have a funny story to let you all in on....here it goes

So its friday afternoon and I'm on my way to Porstmouth. Well, I'm cruisin along at about 70mph. Well, I started approaching this car and decided to just go around them. Well, the guy starts to speed up just a tad. Not race, but must have realized he was going slower than everyone else. Well, by the time I started back in the slow lane around him, I get passed by a bunch of random cars. At this point I look down and I'm going 80mph. So I let off the gas a little, only to see a state trooper right on my a$$. WTF! Where did he come from!! Oh yeah...blues come on....Oh here we go

So, he gets out and circles my car about 3 times and noting down things and looking at me everytime he does. He makes his way over to my window. Starts asking me a few questions like where I was going, where I came from..blah blah blah. I guess I through him off guard a little when he saw me. I think he was expecting a crooked hat and G-UNIT gear (As I'm rockin a suit from Banana Republic for the rehearsal) He asks why I was going 80. I explained. I then asked him why it was okay for me to be passed by a few cars as I was supposedly going as fast as I was. He said for me to mind my own business about that. I was like okay, he wants to play hardball. Hope he took debate back in school. His response was that I looked suspicious, and looked liek I was constantly looking over my shoulder. Anyways... He starts to lay in on me about having tint. Then no front license plate. Gave him my excuses, as he sees the plate and bracket on the back seat. "I'm just waiting for the special screws to put it on Sir." Told him I was in the middle of having some paint work done to fix some things, and that is one of the things being done soon. Anyways...then comes the exhaust "Is that stock or in compliance to stock Mr. Jutras??" I said "it's a factory Mitsu bolt on exhaust. Available as an accessory." It's a GReddy Ti-C Next issue was the steering wheel. Making sure there was an airbag. He said it looked to small to be factory equipped. Now I'm getting pissed, but wasn't showing it. Had to keep cool. So, here was my rebutle to all his questioning..."I guess you are not familiar with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution. All these components sir are direct from the factory, and came with the car as OE." Then his reply "Oh its an Evo. Where's your wing? These cars without wings look like an immitation full of illegal crap." I laugh a lil, but laugh a lot on the inside. " I wasn't going to pull you over originally, but you didn't have a front plate Mr. Jutras. And we are really trying to enforce that here in NH." Well, after all said and done, and some mutual conversation, I was on my merry way. He was okay after seeing that I wasn't a punk kid, had a child seat in the back, and no back talk or arrogance in my tone of voice.

*If anyone wants a pic, I have a crappy cell phone pic of his lights in my rear view. I can text it Sorry for the long post, I left out a lot of the nitty gritty. This pull over took 28 minutes total.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Haha, wow tim...see you SHOULD keep your wing on...lol...if people pull you over they should KNOW a bit about the original equipment of the car first! Glad you got off man
Old Nov 5, 2007, 09:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha nice story good to hear you got out ticket free. Time to get that front plate on
Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

glad to hear you didnt get a ticket buddy!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
haha nice story good to hear you got out ticket free. Time to get that front plate on

I know. I will probably do it tonight. Although I didn;t get a ticket, I did get a written warning. 81 mph in a posted 65mph, no front plate RSA 261:176, (check) Tint level RSA 366:58A III. No DE tag though . But since I am a frequent Portsmouth / Dover guy, he will def recognize me from now on. Route 101 East/West is like an alley way for display for troopers. They just sit, wait, and go to work...kind of sucks
Old Nov 5, 2007, 02:55 PM

Did anyone else notice dave taking a video of me playing guitar hero yesterday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg&NR=1
Holy crap!!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

so yea...today...purchased guitar hero III for ps3...lol..thanks dave...

Kev, I'm bringing this over your place next time!
Old Nov 5, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Did anyone else notice dave taking a video of me playing guitar hero yesterday?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9ao_vOsZkg&NR=1
I can do that
Old Nov 5, 2007, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Just seen a WW IX with a jdm rear getting on 95 South from Woburn (9:30pm)
Tried catching up in my slow neon, but every time I got close, you got on the gas!
Dont know if it was Myevodreams or Kevin.
Nice looking evo.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
...then comes the exhaust "Is that stock or in compliance to stock Mr. Jutras??" I said "it's a factory Mitsu bolt on exhaust. Available as an accessory." It's a GReddy Ti-C
as an acessory! thats some hilarious BS there Tim nice work playing it cool with a 98+db exhaust option ....if only i checked that optional box off when I bought my car
Old Nov 5, 2007, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by partyboy1122
Just seen a WW IX with a jdm rear getting on 95 South from Woburn (9:30pm)
Tried catching up in my slow neon, but every time I got close, you got on the gas!
Dont know if it was Myevodreams or Kevin.
Nice looking evo.
Probably Kev, I was not out with mine today, or maybe sophiesleeps
Old Nov 6, 2007, 04:57 AM
Evolved Member

So yea...Spent 3 hours on guitar hero last night lol..beat the easy level though!
Old Nov 6, 2007, 05:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hahaha nice paul. I am actually considering getting it for ps2.
Old Nov 6, 2007, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erratic evo
as an acessory! thats some hilarious BS there Tim nice work playing it cool with a 98+db exhaust option ....if only i checked that optional box off when I bought my car
You can check that option of right here with me....Ti-C $519 to my door
Old Nov 6, 2007, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

so are ppl down for a meet this week?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread