Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
congrats man! that is the same scare tactic they did to me too. Whatever. BTW i was driving to sobo today and there was a statey behind me in the fast lane in the evo. I pulled over a lane where there was room and he kept on going. I <3 quiet exhausts.
yeah man. i obviously didn't argue with what he said, they already had said they'd let me off. but their arguments were pretty retarded. i do not anticipate getting another exhaust ticket. it was mainly bad luck. i got in front of him by accident and he got pissed off. he saw the (then) shiny exhaust and figured he'd f with me.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Is there anyway to quiet a catless setup without using a cat? Just wondering because the exhaust that comes with the galant is a 3inch setup with 1 resonator and no cat... I'm sick of loud cars, the lancer drives me up the wall now.
Run a HFC. The way i see it i am willing to sacrifice 5-10whp or 1/35th whp to not get a ticket. These cars make plenty of power so if i have to sacrifice something to make it more legal, whatever. Plus i hate the smell of gas and this at least helps that

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
yeah man. i obviously didn't argue with what he said, they already had said they'd let me off. but their arguments were pretty retarded. i do not anticipate getting another exhaust ticket. it was mainly bad luck. i got in front of him by accident and he got pissed off. he saw the (then) shiny exhaust and figured he'd f with me.
yeah i guess it pays to let the exhaust get a bit dirty.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Run a HFC. The way i see it i am willing to sacrifice 5-10whp or 1/35th whp to not get a ticket. These cars make plenty of power so if i have to sacrifice something to make it more legal, whatever. Plus i hate the smell of gas and this at least helps that
I completely agree. I personally do not see the point in running a test pipe and/or a loud exhaust on a street car, especially a DD. To me, the noise/smell is not worth the minimal horsepower gain. Never mind the hassle of worrying about exhaust tickets and failing emissions.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i guess it pays to let the exhaust get a bit dirty.
True, I guess I'll install one after I get the car registered and ready for a tune. I still need to get all the parts together to get the car running 100%.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 08:49 AM

No emissions on VR4's I did not have a cat on my GSX, Evo, or VR4, and the only one that had (has) a smell issue is the VR4, and that is only because it is leaking...(or actually it might have a cat...but is leaking either way). I only got pulled over once for loud exhaust on the Evo, but I think he was bored and didn't give me a ticket. But if you want to quiet it down, a HFC is the way to go.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

Pual, glad you got off man!

Speaking of staties I was on my way back from Holyoke Tuesday night on 90 and I was going a speed that I should have been pulled over for (mind you it was 8pm/no traffic) when I noticed the statie tailing/pacing me, but he just pulled up next to the car in the fast lane, turned on his alley light real quick and sped off.

I was moving and my exhaust was deffinatly not quiet either, I have no idea why he didn't pull me over. Either he didn't want to get out of the car or just didn't care...either way, I don't mind.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by DocCola

Speaking of staties I was on my way back from Holyoke Tuesday night on 90 and I was going a speed that I should have been pulled over for (mind you it was 8pm/no traffic) when I noticed the statie tailing/pacing me, but he just pulled up next to the car in the fast lane, turned on his alley light real quick and sped off.

I was moving and my exhaust was deffinatly not quiet either, I have no idea why he didn't pull me over. Either he didn't want to get out of the car or just didn't care...either way, I don't mind.
He was probably on his way home. They fly by me every morning between 5:30-7...Luckily my company has a mandatory "go the speed limit" 'law' for all company vehicles. I drive the Pike 150 miles every day and never have to worry about getting pulled over
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

isn't your car plastered with Iraq Veteran stickers and such? My guess would be thats why they don't pull you over.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

...off to much needed lunch.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
He was probably on his way home. They fly by me every morning between 5:30-7...Luckily my company has a mandatory "go the speed limit" 'law' for all company vehicles. I drive the Pike 150 miles every day and never have to worry about getting pulled over
Could be, it was right before 8pm so he was probably off for the night. I know a statie lives down by my dad on beach st and he takes his cruiser home.

isn't your car plastered with Iraq Veteran stickers and such? My guess would be thats why they don't pull you over.
negatory. I have on army sticker on the top of my rear window that's pealing off. i took the magnets my wife put on the car off about a week after. i think they might have been there when you fixed the ecu...not sure. besides new wingless trunk + fresh paint = nothing touches it.

either way, i was lucky that night, shouldn't have been driving that fast home anyway
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall O
No emissions on VR4's I did not have a cat on my GSX, Evo, or VR4, and the only one that had (has) a smell issue is the VR4, and that is only because it is leaking...(or actually it might have a cat...but is leaking either way). I only got pulled over once for loud exhaust on the Evo, but I think he was bored and didn't give me a ticket. But if you want to quiet it down, a HFC is the way to go.
I've luckily never been pulled over in the lancer, I'm not sure how but maybe its because I have the rather stockish looking tip so they might think otherwise. My gvr4 definitely doesn't have a cat, and probably won't now that I think more about it because I'd rather finish paying it off instead. I wouldn't mind getting a nice tune and some nice rubber. I don't plan on bringing the car to NED ever though I wouldn't mind autox or ice racing. Though the cage will throw off my points.

I think Tak is giving me pink foam to wrap around the cage...
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:58 AM

You have a car with a 10 second cage in it...and won't bring the car to the track

Just kidding. But you should come up to the meets we have at the track. They are always a good time!
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
...off to much needed lunch.
what's on the menu?
Old Jan 22, 2009, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Thats what she said!

Sorry, I'm just bored.