Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 19DB794
Anyone have an Autometer 52mm gauge pod they wanna get rid of? I should be installing my wideband this weekend but I forgot to order one when I bought some stuff from lancershop.
What kind of gauge pod are ya looking for?
Old Jan 28, 2009, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tvieira24
What kind of gauge pod are ya looking for?
Pm'd
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lhausi
With no traffic like 20/30 minutes with traffic 1/2 hours, lol
U follow 95 up to 93 then take that 4-6 exits to north reading, a night mare with rush hour traffic. Its like 23 miles if I remember correctly
I commute that way every day, it might seem like 23 miles but its only about 12 miles
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:14 PM

Old Jan 28, 2009, 08:01 PM

I am sorry to say that we will NOT be Ice Racing on Sunday, February 1st.

The situation is really hard to believe. Our primary Ice Racing location is now on the part of Newfound Lake that freezes first, with the area that freezes last as our first alternative. If snow comes when is typical, our primary location *should* already have enough ice. If snow comes early, our alternate location *shouldn't* become insulated with snow (it would still be open water). Somehow, despite the brutally cold weather, and very surprising to us, we did not get quite enough ice before the snow came. But, it was cold enough to freeze the entire lake. It is rather unlikely that any other lake in the area would have ice any thicker, so our venue is not the problem. This means we have a difficult situation. While I do expect that conditions will change at some point this winter, I can't say that I am particularly optimistic for February 8th. If I receive better news regarding the ice thickness tomorrow, I'll pass it on by the weekend.

SIGH
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:00 AM
Evolved Member

Morning guys!!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Golfa

The situation is really hard to believe. Our primary Ice Racing location is now on the part of Newfound Lake that freezes first, with the area that freezes last as our first alternative. If snow comes when is typical, our primary location *should* already have enough ice. If snow comes early, our alternate location *shouldn't* become insulated with snow (it would still be open water). Somehow, despite the brutally cold weather, and very surprising to us, we did not get quite enough ice before the snow came. But, it was cold enough to freeze the entire lake. It is rather unlikely that any other lake in the area would have ice any thicker, so our venue is not the problem. This means we have a difficult situation. While I do expect that conditions will change at some point this winter, I can't say that I am particularly optimistic for February 8th. If I receive better news regarding the ice thickness tomorrow, I'll pass it on by the weekend.

SIGH

SUCH a disappointment...

I got my waterproof/shockproof camera yesterday, too...oh well.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Morning Mr. Tim.

Hurray for almost Friday
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by avengerhed
SUCH a disappointment...

I got my waterproof/shockproof camera yesterday, too...oh well.
I didn't take a look at the site you posted, but does it just suction cup on? I've always wanted a stickpad. I normally just shove a tripod in back seat and record that way but external shots would be so nice.

Any chance you can take pictures of the unit and the feed module that the camera records to?

off topic: For some reason I am wicked antsy yet bored at work. I increased my post count by 10 in the last like 10 minutes...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Golfa

SIGH
Dude WTF, if it doesn't freeze by now i dont think it will! It has been the coldest in at least 2-3 years, i can't believe it isn't cold enough.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yay, another 2 hour ride to somerville. I don't even feel like working now.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...tml?vid=966781
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Kenny/Paul S has email
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

turco- its the snow we got really early in the season. It covered the thin layer of ice, and the cold has had very little effect on the ice curing. wicked sux>
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
turco- its the snow we got really early in the season. It covered the thin layer of ice, and the cold has had very little effect on the ice curing. wicked sux>
Well it insulates causing it to slowly get colder, should stop it all together. I just figured by this point it would have created enough ice.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread