Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
o2 sensor is 7/8" wrench. same as a 21mm i believe. they make o2 sensor sockets that work well. sometimes they are pretty tough to get out.
Thanks, I'm gonna try to find an open ended wrench set that's 20mm+ I have everything smaller than 20 I think. Or I might have to give Tony a call, maybe he has some.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KGHtheII
haha, im not so sure what Billerica Center is exactly, but 5:30 i dropped someone off around treble cove road, and i live on boston rd.
lol yea that was u then. i grew up in billerica and even though i live up in nh i am there quite a bit. i was in my dd beater so u def didn't see me
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Thanks, I'm gonna try to find an open ended wrench set that's 20mm+ I have everything smaller than 20 I think. Or I might have to give Tony a call, maybe he has some.
20mm isn't a size. standerd size wrenches and sockets aren't used on our cars that much so i would suggest a good Metric socket and wrench set from sizes 7mm-19mm, 21mm, 22mm. those should cover pretty much everything except for ur axle nuts. those are like 30mm ish and require a large 1/2 inch impact socket and gun.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

20mm isn't a size. standerd size wrenches and sockets aren't used on our cars that much so i would suggest a good Metric socket and wrench set from sizes 7mm-19mm, 21mm, 22mm. those should cover pretty much everything except for ur axle nuts. those are like 30mm ish and require a large 1/2 inch impact socket and gun.
Ty once again lol. Ill simply pick up a 21 and a 22mm wrench since I have 7-19. After I get those, I need to invest in a good socket set and maybe an electric impact driver. I have a cordless one I use at work which is great for doing the smaller stuff but not powerful enough to remove lugs or anything like that.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

yea good idea man. might want to keep some tools with you as well. i used to never have tools with me and hated having them slide around in the trunk but they have saved me numerous times. as well as a few misc. things like some zipties and some cutters
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea good idea man. might want to keep some tools with you as well. i used to never have tools with me and hated having them slide around in the trunk but they have saved me numerous times. as well as a few misc. things like some zipties and some cutters
or if you guys build it right and test it you don't need to worry about tools. I never carry tools, just a AAA gold card.

Edit: besides racing events where i bring a small bundle of tools.

Last edited by MR Turco; Feb 4, 2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Need some ideas as for placement of my aem uego...

I have the factory relocation kit, and 3 gauges center mounted already. My steering column has my GReddy profecB spec II controller, and that takes up almost all the space there. And I am honestly not a fan of gauges on the column. Anyone have any ideas that will keep it looking 'subtle' and not a mess...??? I thought about placing it in the glove box...yes/no...????
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Need some ideas as for placement of my aem uego...

I have the factory relocation kit, and 3 gauges center mounted already. My steering column has my GReddy profecB spec II controller, and that takes up almost all the space there. And I am honestly not a fan of gauges on the column. Anyone have any ideas that will keep it looking 'subtle' and not a mess...??? I thought about placing it in the glove box...yes/no...????
so i did this investigation a while back - there is even a thread in the show and shine section i started. There are really very limited options that tend to get worse once past the column. I hate to say it but the column is really your best bet, that or the glove box. Unfortunately i use all my gauges or i would just get rid of one and move the uego to the gruppe-s pod.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:21 AM
Evolved Member

I could sacrifice my EGT gauge, but I would rather not deal with any more wiring than I have to. I still have to find a place for my greddy turbo timer that I have yet to install
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I could sacrifice my EGT gauge, but I would rather not deal with any more wiring than I have to. I still have to find a place for my greddy turbo timer that I have yet to install
See for me the EGT gauge is as important as the AFR gauge, but i tend to run it a bit spicy (mikie would be proud). I think the Greddy TT looks great on the column.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
These effin liquidators are super *****. We can't price adjust anything and they have to stick with their bull**** 20% & 25% discount off tvs.

If this was 2 months ago I coulda hooked you up with a 40a630 in the $800 range. Before we could just "accidentally" open a tv's box, mark them as "open box" and instantly discount a few hundred but now the open box sells for as much as the new in box stuff & even managers can't price adjust anything
Damn! Let me know if things change. I think the 630 is the only TV you had that I'd be interested in. Thanks for checking it out!

Edit: The guy I talked to at the Seekonk CC told me this. I was hoping he was just full of crap.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Feb 4, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys,
Good morning all.
I started ripping into the boxes and boxes of parts in my basement for the gvr4 to clean, polish etc some of the engine parts up. I was wondering what type of paint I should use on the intercooler. Also I wet sanded and degreased the sides of the intercooler but I don't know how to do the face of it... any ideas? Its a used intercooler so it has some bent fins and such so show-room quality doesn't have to be there, I'd just like to get the paint to stick.

Also is there any paint that is flexible enough to withstand the abuse of the engine for the cam gear cover?

Lastly I must admit, I'm learning a TON about turbo'ed cars this way. Greatly thanks to my co-workers, the forums and my buddy Tak who's helping me put the car together. I can't wait to get her on the road and running.

Weather Alert: 40F This weekend!!!!!
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you can sacrifice the ash tray and the extra like 10 minutes to de-wire your gauge everytime you pull the center console... I saw an evo with the gauge down there, I'm not sure what gauge but I'm sure you could switch the gauge with the least wires down there and buy a plug style mating connector or hell I might be able to mail you something depending on the wire size running to it. Basically it'll put a wiring harness in the line.
-Lee
Old Feb 4, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

I always carry my work tools with me but I also make sure everything is tight when I install anything.

I'm not a fan of a pillar gauges or gauges mounted where the radio usually is, so I have my boost gauge and wideband installed on my steering column. If I get anymore gauges, idk where I'm gonna put them lol. I believe autometer makes a pod for the glove box that holds another 3 gauges and if you really wanted to, you could modify the glove box pod and install your boots controller there as well.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

If mounting it where the ashtray goes is an option for you, evodave makes gauge pods that replace the ashtray.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread