Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Nope....you and Kenny each had your fluids in the same box.
Mine were in there first, i know it.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Marshall O
For dyno's, I personally recommend ESP in Sterling. I have not had personal experience with other shops, such as DSG, KTR, etc, so can't speak for them.
Agreed, ESP seems to be the place to go. Their prices seems pretty decent as well. I would be open for tuning, street or dyno is up to you. Let me know if you are interested.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well right now the car doesnt have all the parts on it, the only thing on it right now is the cams, fuel pump, and the head studs.

Everything else is in my garage ive been waiting to put it on until i get a tune and so forth, right now the car is on a stock tune and it runs fine and the idle has actually been not bad. But it definitely needs a tune and i actually just got a SES light. It was fine all winter but i think just recently the cold might have made it throw the code.

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Is the car currently tuned? How is it running with the cams, any idle problems?
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

I would like to hopefully plan a day to rent out a dyno for a group tune. Not sure how many people are interested, and it was talked about not too long ago. I will need to be retuned indefinitely and would prefer dyno> over street.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Need some ideas as for placement of my aem uego...

I have the factory relocation kit, and 3 gauges center mounted already. My steering column has my GReddy profecB spec II controller, and that takes up almost all the space there. And I am honestly not a fan of gauges on the column. Anyone have any ideas that will keep it looking 'subtle' and not a mess...??? I thought about placing it in the glove box...yes/no...????
Have you thought about relocating the profec b and putting the Uego on the column? That's probably where I'm going to mount my Uego since the prosports are in the groupe-s factory radio location as well.

I'd probably look at my afr more than my boost controller so I'd put it somewhere a little less out of sight.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would like to hopefully plan a day to rent out a dyno for a group tune. Not sure how many people are interested, and it was talked about not too long ago. I will need to be retuned indefinitely and would prefer dyno> over street.
yeah except you want to get the car into a tuning state before a dyno day. If idle issue and boost leaks need to be fixed it is better to get that done before the dyno day since it doesn't need dyno time to fix.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmm if its far enough down the line I might be interested if I have the galant running. I hope to someday purchase DSMlink..
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Agreed, ESP seems to be the place to go. Their prices seems pretty decent as well. I would be open for tuning, street or dyno is up to you. Let me know if you are interested.
ESP blew up my friends 3s while tuning his EMS but I've personally haven't had any experience. I used to live down the street from them and went over there a couple times. They are definitely pretty good guys.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:34 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by tvieira24
ESP blew up my friends 3s while tuning his EMS but I've personally haven't had any experience. I used to live down the street from them and went over there a couple times. They are definitely pretty good guys.
The evos are pretty hard to blow up with the stock ECU. I personally would not touch an EMS since i have no experience with it. Nowadays the stock ecu is being ran on almost 1000whp cars so there really isnt any point.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

yeah except you want to get the car into a tuning state before a dyno day. If idle issue and boost leaks need to be fixed it is better to get that done before the dyno day since it doesn't need dyno time to fix.
No leaks or anything right now. We can do a pre-tune inspection if you'd like.

Just the install of these items will NEED to be done prior to the tune:
-LICP
-FT o2 sensor
-UEGO
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:40 AM

I would be down depending on what is going on with my car situation at that point. Sometime late Spring should be good though.

(Ninja edits FTW!!)
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:43 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

No leaks or anything right now. We can do a pre-tune inspection if you'd like.

Just the install of these items will NEED to be done prior to the tune:
-LICP
-FT o2 sensor
-UEGO
Make sure you do a boost leak test after the LICP. I had a substantial one that was definitely affecting my tune. After fixing it + new intake car was a lot leaner and load actually dropped (not working the motor as hard to make power)
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Marshall O
I would be down depending on what is going on with my car situation at that point. Sometime late Spring should be good though.

(Ninja edits FTW!!)
i am sure jason will need some DSMlink expertise to tune his too.
Old Feb 4, 2009, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

lunchtime>
Old Feb 4, 2009, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Then lets set a day next week to meet up, a wednesday/thursday preferably.
Anyone else...???...nsxerz, dextrodomus, Davids, Paul S, Mikie, Vegas....Bueller???
I am game

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread