Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2009, 07:50 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What clutch/flywheel do you have installed?
Old Feb 11, 2009, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tvieira24
what clutch/flywheel do you have installed?
act hdss
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:25 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok all i am having a dilema. I want to buy a new FMIC with the tax return. I was really set on the CBRD but perrin is having a great sale on theirs so now i am unsure. PLUS if i get the perrin i can get the stealth black one which i think would look UBER hawt (yes i know some of you don't like the look). The perrin has a very decent core in it but i dont know. Help!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mindoftw
So i think i have come to the conclusion that i am really paranoid and that i dont have a spun rod bearing. I think its my clutch/flywheel just making noise.

Hey man, sorry I never got back to you last night. I was dealing with the (not soon enough to be) ex last night, friggen fiasco. I heard back from Greg. He said if it was a spun bearing you would hear a deep rod knock noise coming from the bottom end, especially when revving the motor.

Like I said yesterday I'm leaving (not soon enough) for Falmouth tonight. I don't plan on being on the road until 8-830ish so I can stop by and we can go for a ride if you like. I'm going to be going to PetCo in Hudson anyway because I have to pick up a new crate for my dog since the *****, er, ex, took his. So just let me know.

Otherwise, happy Thursday everyone!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:35 AM
Evolved Member

Go CBRD. I think the stealth FMICs look like trash.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 05:50 AM

good morning guys
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was thinking about getting the ETS black fmic but I'm not sure if its worth spending an extra $100 for that.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
ok all i am having a dilema. I want to buy a new FMIC with the tax return. I was really set on the CBRD but perrin is having a great sale on theirs so now i am unsure. PLUS if i get the perrin i can get the stealth black one which i think would look UBER hawt (yes i know some of you don't like the look). The perrin has a very decent core in it but i dont know. Help!
White evo, black intercooler .
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Whats the price difference? Is there any information available about how they would perform comparatively? I don't hate the black look but I'm partial to the traditional metal look.

Won't the paint reduce the heat transfer properties?

Originally Posted by boosted azn
White evo, black intercooler .
holy ****! chris! where you been???
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
ZOMG!!! PRODIGY IS COMING OUT WITH ANOTHER ALBUM!!!
HIGH FIVE!!

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
Who are the HAWK pads for? Not me right? I already have a set. luvukbai

Timz, you should get a dealer acct with SSR so you can get me the baller wheels I want cheap cheap I just got a "sale" quote at 2400 shipped. Ouch!
The other set of lines and the pads are for Anthony
And for me to setup an account, I have to be constantly purchasing said products to keep and maintain a discounted rate. I don't see myself having the repetative business for an SSR account. I would love a set of type-C RS's though

I say be different and rock the Perrin. Stealth and hawt. Its a quality piece. Either one would make you happy. White car + black fmic =

Morning guys!!
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Timz, i was checking out that board. Its pretty sick! My question is, I see they have banana tech or magnetraction. Does the banana tech incorporate magnetraction also? I know their first banana board did....
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

I'm def more a fan of the metal look but I cant say i dislike the black look. I was on CBRDs site, but its pretty hard to find any of their product, I could only find some of their project cars. Would you be getting their vertical FMIC?

I saw this on one of their cars:

Its the BR FMIC. I think that is pure sex on your face.
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:20 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What canards are those?
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
What canards are those?
Not sure, no info on their site: http://www.cbrdspeedfactory.com/Spee...6/Default.aspx
Old Feb 12, 2009, 07:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
kenny, it would be a stock replacement, not the vertical. The bottom one is a buschur race FMIC which CBRD deals with.

I am waiting to hear back from MAP on the price of the perrin. Price difference is about $100 from the CBRD to the perrin.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread