Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KGHtheII

This vid was 2min 30secs longer than it had to be. useless> stupid> pathetic>
Old Feb 21, 2009, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
How about Tuesday night? If you remembered to take the pill to help with your HIV, you would have been there joining us the other night
hiv and herpes are both cleared up. i think tues/wed are a no-go for me. are you free any other day?
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM

Kenny- I had to adjust everything on the binding for it to fit my boot. No big deal, it took me only a few minutes to do each binding. I will probably order the bindings I really want for my new board off-season, and use these on my burton dragon so I have two good setups. I don't think Mike will be buying my board. btw- I dl'd the brociety desktop alert its awesome>
Just D/L the FF Plugin. Just waiting for the SB Pants to go up.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

^^ text me if the SB 'toofer' or 'division' pant comes up in 'south beach'
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have news! It is 3.5" wide, black and came in a huge box.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolving Member

^^^ i prefer small tight boxes
Old Feb 21, 2009, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
<< Cannot wait to make photographic evidence of this acquisition.

On another note...i found this funny (not funny-haha). I called up Joey last night at 11:30 to see if he wanted to go shoot photos of the Tappan Zee bridge. I drove out by him and we headed to the docks in Nyack. We got down to the pier only to notice that all the lights on the bridge were OFF!

We spent the next 2 hours trying to find something interesting to photograph...we finally climbed up a rock wall to get to some isolated train tracks but we'd done all our hiking without the cameras. By the time we scoped a spot out we had already been too conspicuous so we had to bail to avoid attention from the 5-0. All in all it was a major photo-fail.

I did get some sweet shots of the pups today and I am taking out the G35 tonight for another attempt.

Oh and Turco: I have 1 massive TurcoTuning vinyl for you...and 4 of our other designed. Joey sent me home with the vinyl catalog. He'll cut whatever we want if we buy the vinyl!!!

I already picked out some high-reflective silver/white for the mudflap garnish and they have a sweeeeeet fluorescent orange, to.

We have to hang out Monday or Tuesday when we get back.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 03:02 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Oh and Turco: I have 1 massive TurcoTuning vinyl for you...and 4 of our other designed. Joey sent me home with the vinyl catalog. He'll cut whatever we want if we buy the vinyl!!!

I already picked out some high-reflective silver/white for the mudflap garnish and they have a sweeeeeet fluorescent orange, to.

We have to hang out Monday or Tuesday when we get back.
zomg awesome. Yeah Monday or tuesday works for me.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Turco, the cable is now fixed for you so you can log Ajay's Uego. This time it should work because I rang out all the wires and found the wires for pin's 2 and 5. Both wires that the aem booklet said to use were wrong.

Oh and Ajay it's funny how you were talking about Honda's when I was at your house because on the way home, I remember my dad trying to talk me out of buying the Evo since it was used, even though it only had 12k miles and getting a Mugen Civic SI that was sitting in the showroom but I couldnt imagine paying 31K for a Civic and passing on the Evo when it was a few grand cheaper.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Oh I didnt even know the Perrin was 3.5" wide. Do you think that's too big for the stock turbo? I haven't ordered mine yet but if its not overkill for a stock turbo I might ditch the ETS and get the Perrin.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Turco, the cable is now fixed for you so you can log Ajay's Uego. This time it should work because I rang out all the wires and found the wires for pin's 2 and 5. Both wires that the aem booklet said to use were wrong.

Oh and Ajay it's funny how you were talking about Honda's when I was at your house because on the way home, I remember my dad trying to talk me out of buying the Evo since it was used, even though it only had 12k miles and getting a Mugen Civic SI that was sitting in the showroom but I couldnt imagine paying 31K for a Civic and passing on the Evo when it was a few grand cheaper.
I hope that didn't tick you off me making fun of the neighborhoods local ricer boyzzz. I have respect for Honda's if they are built right. Just like most people. But I can understand why you went for the Evo. I had a brand new GTI speced out and ready to be ordered through a military direct source that was set to save me like 4 or 5 grand of sticker (24.5k for a fully loaded GTI with a manual) but I went for the Evo instead. I'm a veedubber at "heart" but I love my Evo more.

Dave, I love the settings you have on the camera for "A" Took some AWESOME night shots tonight of the Evo. Even played with an L.E.D. a bit, came out sweet. Now I have to figure out how to install the program you uh..told me about so I can watermark my photos and up load them.

One of my favorite shots from the night:

Last edited by DocCola; Feb 21, 2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Trust me it didn't **** me off or anything. I make fun on Honda's all the time and when I had my Integra my brother and acouple of my friends would make fun of me for driving what they would call a honduh but now they can't say anything about the Evo because before all they had on me was that the Honda was slow. Now neither one of them will be able to keep up with the Evo.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah never ever go by wire color unless you are using the manufacturers instructions. I don't know why they generalize it like all serial cables are the same.

Oh I didnt even know the Perrin was 3.5" wide. Do you think that's too big for the stock turbo? I haven't ordered mine yet but if its not overkill for a stock turbo I might ditch the ETS and get the Perrin.
I dont think it is too big (TWSS).
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah never ever go by wire color unless you are using the manufacturers instructions. I don't know why they generalize it like all serial cables are the same.

Yea they say to double check by checking for continuity but I can't check for continuity on a female connector since the openings are too small for my testers so I went out and bought a male to male adapter and rang them out that way. I hope you didn't get too mad for wasting your time when it came to tuning Ajay's car and you found out that the cable didnt work.

I dont think it is too big (TWSS).
Nice. Ill just spend the extra $100 and get a IC thats .5" bigger. I think the ETS 3.5" IC costs more than the perrin one.

Last edited by 19DB794; Feb 21, 2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:30 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yea they say to double check by checking for continuity but I can't check for continuity on a female connector since the openings are too small for my testers so I went out and bought a male to male adapter and rang them out that way. I hope you didn't get too mad for wasting your time when it came to tuning Ajay's car and you found out that the cable didnt work.
A little trick i use. Get a short piece of wire, strip both ends. stick on end in the female pin hole (hehe) and use the other end to check continuity. I didn't care too much since he made the trip to my house. Plus we did manage to get something done. He is running extremely lean though so hopefully he will take it easy until that gets fixed.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread