Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
A little trick i use. Get a short piece of wire, strip both ends. stick on end in the female pin hole (hehe) and use the other end to check continuity.
To tell you the truth, I tried that the 1st time around and I didn't get a reading on any of the wires. IDK if it was my tester's being stupid because sometime at work they don't like giving me continuity readings or the wire I stuck in wasn't making contact.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:34 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 19DB794
To tell you the truth, I tried that the 1st time around and I didn't get a reading on any of the wires. IDK if it was my tester's being stupid because sometime at work they don't like giving me continuity readings or the wire I stuck in wasn't making contact.
Thats odd, it has always worked for me. Your multimeter might be flaking out.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Thats odd, it has always worked for me. Your multimeter might be flaking out.
I hope not lol, I got them not that long ago for work and it was stupid expensive. I probably didn't have the wire in far enough to make contact but it wouldn't go in anymore. If it doesn't work the next time you use the cable I'm gonna shoot myself because that would be embarrassing since I wire **** almost every day and it's usually a lot more confusing than ringing out 2 wires and soldering them. If it doesn't work again, i'll make sure to bring a laptop and test it before I leave.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josh, don't stress it to much man. Whenever Turco wants I'll be going back out there. If it doesn't work, that's life. What's a gallon of gas? You've done me a favor by helping install it. I'm not going to go postal if it doesn't work. Though I can't speak for Turco.

As for me taking it easy, I am. I did a few pulls last night on my way home just to see how it felt. My AFR's at WOT were like 11.3 so I don't really want to tempt fate to much. Another funny thing, my transmission shifted like butter ALL night last night and ALL day today. Really pissing me off. Where can I send my car in April while I go to Disney to have it rebuilt? I'm getting sick of it.

Anyway, thanks for your help again tonight, and Turco, let me know when you want me to come out again. I am free any night this week monday-wendsday. Rose & Jayden are going to be here through the weekend, so I won't want to really just ditch them for to long if I can avoid it.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

yeah we might have to wait then. I should be busy until thursday night. We will figure it out.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

I just hope it works. I might pick up one of those cables and install it in my car. I'd like to know what my AFR's are at what RPM. Have you tried changing your drivetrain fluid's Ajay? Maybe that'll help a lil bit. I know when I 1st bought my Evo I had the fluids swapped out like a month later and the shifting got a bit smoother. My 3rd gear has been acting up a bit but I think it's from the cold weather.

Last edited by 19DB794; Feb 21, 2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 05:53 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
As for me taking it easy, I am. I did a few pulls last night on my way home just to see how it felt. My AFR's at WOT were like 11.3 so I don't really want to tempt fate to much.
That is odd, they were definitely in the 12s last night.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

I just hope it works. I might pick up one of those cables and install it in my car. I'd like to know what my AFR's are at what RPM. Have you tried changing your drivetrain fluid's Ajay? Maybe that'll help a lil bit. I know when I 1st bought my Evo I had the fluids swapped out like a month later and the shifting got a bit smoother. My 3rd gear has been acting up a bit but I think it's from the cold weather.
I have no changed my fluid but I am coming up on 30k and need to do it by then. What is it that everyone goes with, redline? I want to get all my fluids changed to something that'll work well.

That is odd, they were definitely in the 12s last night.
Yea, not sure why it's any different today other than that we tighted down all the clamps on the UICP, LICP & what we could reach other everywhere else. So hopefully that helped a little bit.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

As for me taking it easy, I am. I did a few pulls last night on my way home just to see how it felt. My AFR's at WOT were like 11.3 so I don't really want to tempt fate to much.
My WOT AFR's are almost in the 10's lol and when I get off the gas it goes to 10.0-10.7 usaully. I swapped my fluids out with the OEM fluids.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

Hey guys can anyone help me out. One of the tire companies ( I thought it was tire rack ) has an online section where you can plug in your stock size and then compare it to different sizes. It gives you speed, plus or minus etc.
Can someone post up that site or PM me. I did try searching, but I must not be typing in the correct title.

I FOUND IT !!!!! I'M ALL SET THANKS ANYWAY

Last edited by F.O.G.; Feb 21, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:01 PM
Evolving Member

Oh and Ajay it's funny how you were talking about Honda's when I was at your house because on the way home, I remember my dad trying to talk me out of buying the Evo since it was used, even though it only had 12k miles and getting a Mugen Civic SI that was sitting in the showroom but I couldnt imagine paying 31K for a Civic and passing on the Evo when it was a few grand cheaper.
The Mugen is hot, but yeah its WAAAY too much $$$ for what it is.
Old Feb 21, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
The Mugen is hot, but yeah its WAAAY too much $$$ for what it is.
A buddy of mine has one and to be honest with you it doesn't impress me at all for the money. I also wouldn't wanna own a Honda like that around here, it would either be gone or sitting on bricks. Either way I wanted an Evo for quite some time and I'm glad I picked one up. I can't believe I've had it for almost a year. I wonder how much I've paid off in one year lol. Hopefully some more night work comes along so I can have it practically paid off in the next year or two.

Last edited by 19DB794; Feb 21, 2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

I have no changed my fluid but I am coming up on 30k and need to do it by then. What is it that everyone goes with, redline? I want to get all my fluids changed to something that'll work well.
they should have done your tranny fluid with the clutch. they may have also done the diffs. id stick with the stock fluids personally.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

wow... this is so ridiculous that i think i want one: http://jalopnik.com/tag/brabus-g-v12...bo/?id=5156604

and i hate mercs!
Old Feb 22, 2009, 06:47 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

they should have done your tranny fluid with the clutch. they may have also done the diffs. id stick with the stock fluids personally.
Don't forget he has a 6-speed. I have read there are actually some better fluids out there for the 6 speed.

wow... this is so ridiculous that i think i want one: http://jalopnik.com/tag/brabus-g-v12...bo/?id=5156604

and i hate mercs!
Dude that thing must be scary going that fast. It has the aerodynamics of a house

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread