Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dam i didnt know id be the topic of discussion. But before when i was driving the car with Als tune the car ran great. But thats just me mashing the pedal at 1.8 bars and feeling it launch. I didnt have any gauges or a wb at that time to actually see what it was doing.

Im definitely going to have to stay up to date with this thread so i can meet up with you guys see how all the evo guys do it out there. Sadly ill probably be drving my girls car if i were to meet up when you guys do.

I have recently put a new intake manifold and TB on with a aeromotive fpr. After doing that with Al's tune the car did not want to hear it. I was fouling plugs trying to get it to start and run. I recently reverted my maps back to stock and now its back to square one. Im just new with the whole ECU Flash so im kind of lost trying to figure out what to do never mind that for what ever reason im not getting my LFT and HFT on mitsulogger to show.

I have more headaches and obstacles that i have to go around that its just been a pain in the *** never mind the fact i need more money.lol
Old Nov 14, 2007, 06:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ that sucks man. Its unfortunate that issues like yours are incredibly common when you tend to stray that far from stock. I hope it works out. I wish i knew more about tuning, it is a great ability to have with these cars.

Paul, i think sudbury is fine personally i dont care. As for boost gauge i really enjoy my Prosport. It has Peak and Warning and it comes with everything you need and i already know where to put everything so you dont see anything but the gauge. It comes with a pod to put it on a dash or steering column. I have seen a lot of molded steering column pods but i still think Daves custom mounted stocky pod looks the cleanest plus you are not limited to where the molded one puts it. I would just mount it like Dave has his AF gauge. Other then Prosports you can never go wrong with Defi but i think they are a tad overpriced, or STRI and Greddy gauges are also very nice.

the thing i dont like about the AEM gauges is that there is a lot of lights flashing so it can be distracting. Of course it all depends on the person.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you have a point about the flashing. i really only liked that it has a straight digital readout. lots of choices... i'll have to see the setups you guys have tom.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

So if you dont mind me barging in what goes on when you guys meet up ? From what i was reading do you meet and then go out to eat or what ?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Not sure if anyone is interested but when i was looking into E85 and where there are any stations i found only one in the Conn., Mass., RI. area. Heres a link that takes a census of how many people in the area are looking to convert. Click Here to Get E85 Near U
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:15 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I would love to convert. I signed up.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
So if you dont mind me barging in what goes on when you guys meet up ? From what i was reading do you meet and then go out to eat or what ?
usually we just meet up somewhere for dinner and shoot the ****... nothing usually too special... just get together and hang out. you should come out some time. where in ri are you?
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
thats so funny you ask, people always ask "so what do you guys do?" but honestly, what do you do when you go meet up with your friends? its really no different, half the time we don't even talk about cars - we just happen to all have a common interest/obsession. alot of us are pretty good friends at this point.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Or lovers in the case of dex and paul No matter what happens the topic of Cat pictures always turns up
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I would love to convert. I signed up.
dude, i am just drooling with the thought of an (FP 20G-LT 9) on E85. A green on green if you will. 450whp at the pumps... drool...
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by dexmix
dude, i am just drooling with the thought of an (FP 20G-LT 9) on E85. A green on green if you will. 450whp at the pumps... drool...
I would seriously consider upgrading to a green so you and me could have Green on Green car club.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Paul, you should check out my gauges, I have the Defi Blue Racer series on my A-pillar, and, as Turco said, I run my AEM wideband in a semi-custom steering column mount.

I also at one point has a Defi-D Boost gauge mounted in another semi-custom mount to the lower portion of the A-pillar. It was so clean and not ricey at all. I'll find you some pics...it's really the mounting location I would recommend!

Last edited by avengerhed; Nov 14, 2007 at 07:30 AM. Reason: too slow, ninja
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

wow, you guys super ninja-posted me.

i are teh embarrassed.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I would seriously consider upgrading to a green so you and me could have Green on Green car club.
doooooooo ittttttt!

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Paul, you should check out my gauges, I have the Defi Blue Racer series on my A-pillar, and, as Turco said, I run my AEM wideband in a semi-custom steering column mount.

I also at one point has a Defi-D Boost gauge mounted in another semi-custom mount to the lower portion of the A-pillar. It was so clean and not ricey at all. I'll find you some pics...it's really the mounting location I would recommend!
i'll def check your setup. i knew you had the blue racer gauges. they are pretty sick and very tempting. its funny how you just randomly get the urge to do **** lol. i rolled into work this morning and as i was letting my car cool down i just had a massive urge to put in a boost gauge lol
Old Nov 14, 2007, 07:32 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Its ok dave we still love you.

I personally love my Gruppe-s pod. It looks wicked stock but i would really like to move the boost to the steering colum and get an AF gauge to replace it but i doubt that will happen.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread