Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude, I was sitting there after backing out of my spot next to her (she watched me get in my car because she was behind me in the store), after I reversed out I sat there waiting for someone to pull into a spot before I went. I saw her out of the corner of my eye shift into reverse as her lights came on and let RIGHT off the brake. I IMMDETLY started laying on the horn, never let off, and tried like hell to get back into reverse (wasn't going to go forward, Jayden was in his car seat sitting right behind me) but didn't do it in time.

She rammed (no pun intended) right into me at like 8-10mph with her friggen trailer hitch and PUSHED me SIDEWAYS a good 5 feet at least. Her excuse, "I didn't see you behind me, this is my Dad's truck"

No **** you didn't see my behind you *****, you didn't look, there's no way you would have missed me in your drivers side mirror if you had looked and you should have heard my friggen horn.

I damn near lost it. Jayden was scared and crying. Rose was upset and looked like she was ready to burst into tears at any second, Rainier was going out of his mind not knowing what to do and wanting to protect me, Rose & Jayden.

I seriously wanted to punt that ***** right in the baby maker, God knows someone so stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed. Only reason I kept my cool was A. because I'm a soldier and I refuse to lose my temper in public and B. (more important) I wouldn't want Rose or Jayden seeing me like that. I had to be calm for them.

Whew. End of rant. Sorry. It was a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad day yesterday. Thank god we are all okay, the car can be fixed, my family can't be replaced.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
zomg i can has plz? http://www.amazon.com/Planet-Earth-C...5952841&sr=1-1

hey tiago, is there much of a blu-ray selection left at CC? if so, any decent deals?
All the blu-ray stuff is long gone
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
Dude, I was sitting there after backing out of my spot next to her (she watched me get in my car because she was behind me in the store), after I reversed out I sat there waiting for someone to pull into a spot before I went. I saw her out of the corner of my eye shift into reverse as her lights came on and let RIGHT off the brake. I IMMDETLY started laying on the horn, never let off, and tried like hell to get back into reverse (wasn't going to go forward, Jayden was in his car seat sitting right behind me) but didn't do it in time.

She rammed (no pun intended) right into me at like 8-10mph with her friggen trailer hitch and PUSHED me SIDEWAYS a good 5 feet at least. Her excuse, "I didn't see you behind me, this is my Dad's truck"

No **** you didn't see my behind you *****, you didn't look, there's no way you would have missed me in your drivers side mirror if you had looked and you should have heard my friggen horn.

I damn near lost it. Jayden was scared and crying. Rose was upset and looked like she was ready to burst into tears at any second, Rainier was going out of his mind not knowing what to do and wanting to protect me, Rose & Jayden.

I seriously wanted to punt that ***** right in the baby maker, God knows someone so stupid shouldn't be allowed to breed. Only reason I kept my cool was A. because I'm a soldier and I refuse to lose my temper in public and B. (more important) I wouldn't want Rose or Jayden seeing me like that. I had to be calm for them.

Whew. End of rant. Sorry. It was a REALLY REALLY REALLY bad day yesterday. Thank god we are all okay, the car can be fixed, my family can't be replaced.
damn bro that sucks, atleast evveryone was alright
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
All the blu-ray stuff is long gone
yeah i figured that. thanks though bud.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DocCola

Wow. Atleast you kept your cool for the sake of your g/f and her son. I'm surprised that Rainier didnt go crazy. I bet my dog would but I'm glad to hear that all 4 of you are alright.

On Saturday something similar almost happened to me. I was backing out of a parking spot and no one was near me and I was almost out and some dumb lady comes flying down the parking lot and nearly nailed me.

Last edited by 19DB794; Mar 1, 2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mullen
damn bro that sucks, atleast evveryone was alright
Thanks man. Good to see your still lurking around these parts. Love the sig btw.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:46 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ajay, it sucks you have to deal with it but all of that is easily fixable. I would also consider removing the other parties license plate from the intarweb in case they find out. Might not like that much.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 06:48 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
the diameter of the -wheel- is smaller on a 17". so the weight of the wheel is only 8.5" from the center, whereas with an 18" wheel, you are looking at a radius of 9".

18" would be more for show than they would be for go. it's not like you have to run a crazy aspect ratio on the 17s. if you did, then that would be another story.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/forum...big-wheel.html

I think rotational inertia is what becomes relevant.
You are right. Just think of it like a rope with a weight on it. The closer the weight is to the center the easier it is to rotate or spin (lika helicopter!). But you don't look ballar on 17s .
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

SICK looking evo:

Dave you would appreciate these pics:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post6752906
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
You are right. Just think of it like a rope with a weight on it. The closer the weight is to the center the easier it is to rotate or spin (lika helicopter!). But you don't look ballar on 17s .
i think the rotational mass issue is very complex in this case. diameter wise they are essentially the same. pure weight-wise they are very close and weight distribution is tough to really summarize. the tire is most of the weight and in the 17" case that makes up more of the farthest diameter. it could very well be that the 17" is "worse" even though it is lighter since the tire is heavier.
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Ajay, it sucks you have to deal with it but all of that is easily fixable. I would also consider removing the other parties license plate from the intarweb in case they find out. Might not like that much.
Thanks Turco. I knew it was fixable when I saw it, it just really freaked me out. It happened so fast and scared the hell out of me, like literally had me shaking, the thought of Jayden or Rose being hurt. Mind you, I've been blown up and shot at, and THIS scared. me.

And that Evo is hawt, can I have one plz...
Old Mar 1, 2009, 07:54 PM

Dave any pics from today? I saw a GTR was there. How ridiculous were the conditions?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 04:54 AM
Evolved Member

Got Snow?
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:26 AM
Evolved Member

Morning guys!! I wish it could snow like this every single day. srsly>

Ajay- Sorry to hear about your car. That truely sucks....AIM app should already be on your phone, you just have to 'agree' the download. Took less than 2 minutes on my storm.
Old Mar 2, 2009, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Golfa
Dave any pics from today? I saw a GTR was there. How ridiculous were the conditions?

I got 400+ pics including the GTR. I actually shot some HD video of the GTR from the D90. I'm going to start working on them tonite after work (no snow days/work from home, FTMFL) and I will post them up then.

The conditions were insane. It was like someone put oil on the ice, and the snowbanks in some places were rock-solid. There was a fair amount of body damage happening to all sort of vehicles out there. The >>kid<< with the GTR didn't seem to care, despite everyones' warnings to him. Oh well, I guess that's what its like to be a baller...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread