Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
negative. If the procedure was done correctly this wouldn't have happened after only 2 weeks. Regardless of DD.
turco is exaggerating about 2 weeks. it took months and months for my bumper to chip the way it has and imo the chipping is not that bad. its a little worse than i would expect from a DD... but i blame that on the fact that i drove it in the cold before it cured.

imo it has not chipped due to their failure to prep it correctly. i could be wrong but i dont think so. if i felt that way i would have asked them to respray it. on my moms car there was an imperfection left in the paint that they missed. they resprayed it without me having to fight them 1 bit.

EDIT:
also... it mostly looked like **** because my grill chipped retardedly badly... which made the chipping on the bumper stand out more. the grill was replaced by Al... but Al did *not* spray it. That comes from mitsu with a black coating on it. That was a mitsu defect that they would not stand behind and warranty which is teh ghey.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Mar 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:44 AM
Evolving Member

baller: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoiGJ....engadget.com/
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

I'm glad my car is going in when it is because when I get it back I'll be going on vacation a week later so it will spend 10 days chilling in my garage.

After that I'll put it back in "summer" mode and give it a good full detailing finally.

Edited, Paul explained it for me already
Old Mar 10, 2009, 10:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
turco is exaggerating about 2 weeks. it took months and months for my bumper to chip the way it has and imo the chipping is not that bad. its a little worse than i would expect from a DD... but i blame that on the fact that i drove it in the cold before it cured.

imo it has not chipped due to their failure to prep it correctly. i could be wrong but i dont think so. if i felt that way i would have asked them to respray it. on my moms car there was an imperfection left in the paint that they missed. they resprayed it without me having to fight them 1 bit.

EDIT:
also... it mostly looked like **** because my grill chipped retardedly badly... which made the chipping on the bumper stand out more. the grill was replaced by Al... but Al did *not* spray it. That comes from mitsu with a black coating on it. That was a mitsu defect that they would not stand behind and warranty which is teh ghey.
I disagree only because where it chipped it was not black, it was white or off white, which appears to be the primer or the original paint that was there before the bumper was painted. That leads me to believe it was not prepped.
whatevs, NME
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:05 AM

Who wants to come to the pants party?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Who wants to come to the pants party?
There is a party in your pants? Is everybody cumming?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I had my front bumper and hood repainted by Ventura's and it took a few months for my front bumper to chip as well. Or at least in the areas where the 3m film didn't protect. Almost all the damage came from driving on a dirt road one day with a few cars in front of me and my lip took the beating but it's getting replaced by the Ralliart one sitting in my room but anyway, Ajay I'm ordering everything this week possibly if I decide to take money from my savings to buy all the parts and then simply deposit my tax returns back into my savings but once I get all the parts I probably wont install them till the very end of March or beginning of April.

Last edited by 19DB794; Mar 10, 2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
I had my front bumper and hood repainted by Ventura's and it took a few months for my front bumper to chip as well. Or at least in the areas where the 3m film didn't protect. Almost all the damage came from driving on a dirt road one day with a few cars in front of me and my lip took the beating but it's getting replaced by the Ralliart one sitting in my room but anyway, Ajay I'm ordering everything this week possibly if I decide to take money from my savings to buy all the parts and then simply deposit my tax returns back into my savings but once I get all the parts I probably wont install them till the very end of March or beginning of April.
Sounds good. I should hopefully be able to work something out for the first weekend of April. Especially if Rose is in Marlboro & depending where we do the work.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
Sounds good. I should hopefully be able to work something out for the first weekend of April. Especially if Rose is in Marlboro & depending where we do the work.
We could work on it at my house or any other place. Doesn't matter to me. I can bring tools and ramps/floor jack and jack stands so we can work on it pretty much anywhere.

Last edited by 19DB794; Mar 10, 2009 at 03:11 PM.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:00 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, so who's definitely going on thursday? I'd like to go but I'd just feel weird since I haven't met many of you. I'd feel like an outsider lol.
Old Mar 10, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

Alright, so who's definitely going on thursday? I'd like to go but I'd just feel weird since I haven't met many of you. I'd feel like an outsider lol.
Thats pretty much how its supposed to be. There will be a good amount of people there.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The only outsider here is kenny.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
The only outsider here is kenny.

I wouldn't say Kenny's an outsider. I think I have hung out with him more than I have with you and have even had a sleep over

Oh...a little FYI, Uxbridge = outsider
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:19 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I wouldn't say Kenny's an outsider. I think I have hung out with him more than I have with you and have even had a sleep over

Oh...a little FYI, Uxbridge = outsider
I was obviously joking but i find it funny that someone who doesn't even live in MA is making fun of where i live. take that
Old Mar 11, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I was obviously joking but i find it funny that someone who doesn't even live in MA is making fun of where i live. take that

Joking...pfft, this is the in4rweb, everything is SERIOUS!!! I think I'm closer to civilization being in Manchester. Dude, they filmed LOTR in Uxbridge. Beautiful countryside though

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread