Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KGHtheII
zomg i completely forgot it was all you can eat. its gonna be a bad night
more like its going to be a rough morning lol

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Scruffy good to see you back online. How is the porsche's new motor holding in there? You going to keep us informed on events? I look forward to seeing you at some races.
+1 - i am *so* excited for autox

im trying to get a couple guys i work with that have mini s's to come.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 05:08 PM
Evolving Member

i think we should all go see this together: http://www.apple.com/trailers/dreamworks/iloveyouman/

and then after, i think we should get an apartment together
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
Evolving Member

goodmorning ladies
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
incredible!
http://www.soulpancake.com/view_post...word-muto.html
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:23 AM
Evolving Member

yeah thats pretty sweet
i dont think id ever be able to do that
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by d0nald
yeah thats pretty sweet
i dont think id ever be able to do that
you're right, i don't think you would be able to do that either.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:45 AM
Evolved Member

I am happy. Got my JDM bumper. It goes in the shop with the car monday. So much for no more stuff for the car (even though the insurance check covered 75% of the cost, including paint).

no way man, i park my car outside my office window so i (and my compustar alarm) can keep an eye on my car.
I noticed something weird about my CompuStar the other day Turco, and I'm wondering if it's a setting on the alarm or just how they work (so seeing if yours does this to), when I auto start my car (hold down II button til it beeps) the car will unlock itself right before it turns over and then lock back up about 5 seconds after it starts. Is this normal or is there a messed up setting on my alarm? Your the only other person I know with one on an Evo and it just dawned on me to ask.

I may make an appearence at the Chicken Bone tonight just because I'm going to be doing some shopping in Natick anyway, and I haven't met a few of you guys yet either.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:54 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by DocCola
I noticed something weird about my CompuStar the other day Turco, and I'm wondering if it's a setting on the alarm or just how they work (so seeing if yours does this to), when I auto start my car (hold down II button til it beeps) the car will unlock itself right before it turns over and then lock back up about 5 seconds after it starts. Is this normal or is there a messed up setting on my alarm? Your the only other person I know with one on an Evo and it just dawned on me to ask.
Nope not normal.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Damnit. Sometimes I hate my car.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:14 AM

Scruffy good to see you back online. How is the porsche's new motor holding in there? You going to keep us informed on events? I look forward to seeing you at some races.
New motor is a handfull. Drove it home from the dealer to break it in. On the trailer the next day with a set of A6 hooters ond off to autocross. New motor is noticably stronger. The course had a soft start so I kept it in first up to the first pylon and squeezed the pedal to the floor after rounding it and getting the car pointed. Hooters were hot, but the new motor ripped them loose as it launched.

Kermit now has a set of Porsche 997GT2 seats and the harness bar will be installed this weekend. Seats are half the weight of the old ones, and they are also one of the very few race type seats that fold forward. Plug and play for the air bags and also the OEM lap belt. *****ing carbon fibre on the backs too. Pics later this weekend.

I'll be competing in about 40 autox events this season, along with wifey. As I hope you know, the Cars and Coffee event was put on by www.yuppieracing.net Peter, a good friend of mine, started that site. I'm the moderator of the COMPETITION forum over there. Not that I won't be over here once in a while, but for event info it would be more reliable to contact me over there.

Hope to see your Lunch Boxes on the runways soon
Scruffy

BTW
Had to break down and buy a freekin suit to go to one of the Porsche banquets. Took first place for the season in each of the Porsche clubs regions that I run with. One was a "formal" event. Got several FTDs too. (fastest car of the day)
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by GT3 RS Scruffy
New motor is a handfull. Drove it home from the dealer to break it in. On the trailer the next day with a set of A6 hooters ond off to autocross. New motor is noticably stronger. The course had a soft start so I kept it in first up to the first pylon and squeezed the pedal to the floor after rounding it and getting the car pointed. Hooters were hot, but the new motor ripped them loose as it launched.

Kermit now has a set of Porsche 997GT2 seats and the harness bar will be installed this weekend. Seats are half the weight of the old ones, and they are also one of the very few race type seats that fold forward. Plug and play for the air bags and also the OEM lap belt. *****ing carbon fibre on the backs too. Pics later this weekend.

I'll be competing in about 40 autox events this season, along with wifey. As I hope you know, the Cars and Coffee event was put on by www.yuppieracing.net Peter, a good friend of mine, started that site. I'm the moderator of the COMPETITION forum over there. Not that I won't be over here once in a while, but for event info it would be more reliable to contact me over there.

Hope to see your Lunch Boxes on the runways soon
Scruffy

BTW
Had to break down and buy a freekin suit to go to one of the Porsche banquets. Took first place for the season in each of the Porsche clubs regions that I run with. One was a "formal" event. Got several FTDs too. (fastest car of the day)
Good to hear! I will check out the yuppieracing forum.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:27 AM

turco that video is creepy, but amazing
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golfa
turco, you are creepy, but amazing
i agree...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 06:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

live ecu tuning. I heart my life.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6824209-post1.html
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

I'm glad I could see that here at work. That was actually a really cool video. I can't imagine the time that went into something like that. Thanks for sharing Turco.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread