Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:23 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Can anyone get me a 4.7 volt 1-watt Zener Diode 5% locally? It appears radioshack doesn't sell them.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Can anyone get me a 4.7 volt 1-watt Zener Diode 5% locally? It appears radioshack doesn't sell them.
you-do-it electronics?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Let me check at home...i think i have these. I am shocked that RS doesn't sell them...sounds like you got a bad salesperson.

Otherwise, as Mikie said, You-Do-It will have it...

By the way- I just hung my MW EVo calendar in my office and it is AMAZING! The quality is just unbelievable...I can't wait till you guys see them!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:57 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
you-do-it electronics?
i should take a ride there.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

i drove in from worcester this morning... and holy crap i forgot how much fun a ~25 min drive to work in teh evo can be i might actually be looking forward to moving to boxborough next week!

oh and i friggin love how on sharp bends you can just mash the gas waaaay too early and the evo just defies physics, grips harder and just rippps you through the corner awd ftmfw! this just never gets old... and continues to surprise me

Last edited by Paulnsx; Mar 24, 2009 at 06:10 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Let me check at home...i think i have these. I am shocked that RS doesn't sell them...sounds like you got a bad salesperson.

Otherwise, as Mikie said, You-Do-It will have it...

By the way- I just hung my MW EVo calendar in my office and it is AMAZING! The quality is just unbelievable...I can't wait till you guys see them!
no i checked the website too and the how to for the thing i am building says to find them online. I found a great site that sells them at .20 a piece but oh right + $12 shipping. Asholes.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:02 AM
Evolving Member

oh i almost forgot. i'm having a minor issue, maybe some of you have some ideas:

so davids and i just did a full brakes job (rotors, pads, ss-lines, flush). prior to the brakes job i was getting a clicking noise from the front passenger wheel most of the time when near full left lock. i assumed this was the brakes being fugged, but apparently that is not the case as i am still getting this noise. anyone have any ideas? i was thinking tie rod or axle... i might take it to westboro and ask al to have jojo check it out. oh just to mention, the caliper on that wheel did give davids and i quite a hard time... we were afraid it was frozen - but we did get the pistons to move...
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
oh and i friggin love how on sharp bends you can just mash the gas waaaay too early and the evo just defies physics, grips harder and just rippps you through the corner awd ftmfw! this just never gets old... and continues to surprise me
That cause you needs more power are you still on winters? *** end should def come out if you are doing it right

I have finally started noticing the common complains of the ACD. You really need to get back on power really early to get the car to power out of the apex. It really defies proper cornering, i dont like it. Gruppe-s has started offering ACD reflashes that allow the center diff to lock earlier making the car more proper and thus a little more spicy What does that mean? It means the ACD computer is hackable and hopefully tuning isn't far behind
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
oh i almost forgot. i'm having a minor issue, maybe some of you have some ideas:

so davids and i just did a full brakes job (rotors, pads, ss-lines, flush). prior to the brakes job i was getting a clicking noise from the front passenger wheel most of the time when near full left lock. i assumed this was the brakes being fugged, but apparently that is not the case as i am still getting this noise. anyone have any ideas? i was thinking tie rod or axle... i might take it to westboro and ask al to have jojo check it out. oh just to mention, the caliper on that wheel did give davids and i quite a hard time... we were afraid it was frozen - but we did get the pistons to move...
There should be nothing in the braking system that "clicks". I assume the car is moving when it clicks? Does it do it at low speeds or all the time? Have you checked your power steering fluid?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

did it start doing it after the springs were installed or has it always done that?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:08 AM

i should take a ride there.
let me know if you go- i may take a ride too...need some misc stuff. i'll bring the revolver for protection too!
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
let me know if you go- i may take a ride too...need some misc stuff. i'll bring the revolver for protection too!
nice in case we are attacked by geeks.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Turco, I know it's far for you, but maybe Micro-center?
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Turco, I know it's far for you, but maybe Micro-center?
i doint really think they sell stuff like that. They are more commercial stuff then parts. I love that place though.
Old Mar 24, 2009, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

That cause you needs more power are you still on winters? *** end should def come out if you are doing it right
yeah still on the winters. i think that will change tonight. i blew off my oil change/wheel swap last nite to chill w/ jill last nite.

There should be nothing in the braking system that "clicks". I assume the car is moving when it clicks? Does it do it at low speeds or all the time? Have you checked your power steering fluid?
yeah car has to be moving. i only really notice it at low speeds... altho it only happens close to full lock which you can only really do at low speeds. it does not *always* do it. maybe 40-60% of the time.

no i haven't check my power steering fluid. i seem to remember it looking ok when we did my brakes this weekend but idk for sure.

the noise seems to clearly come from 1 wheel and only do it on close to full left lock. right lock i haven't heard it...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread