Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Weird. I thought maybe the TPS got loose and maybe was reading high during idle. if you log TPS at idle it should be <14. 14 or greater should be out of spec and might throw a code.

My $100 o2 housing told me i gained the same HP too

That is a LOT of money for a downpipe

welcome to modding an X, wait until he wants cams at a G-Note.
Hater! Back in early 2004 the pricing was very similar when I was buying mods for my VIII
Old Mar 28, 2009, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
I dont know if any of you are in to U2 at all, but I have tickets for sale for the show in Sept, even though they arent on sale yet, PM me if interested
Yeah, but I have backstage passes and GA wristbands for the (Red)zone.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Turco Tuning FTMFW! Nuff' said.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
...you can come by for some cold bud lights and some hawt grillin action Saturday night if you have no plans. I will be chillin with this wicked cool chick Samantha .......I have Laura coming over tonight, so you can not come by.
who's this samantha chicka??? She sounds super awesome...

dudez tell me you made the sexytime with laura!?!
Old Mar 28, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
who's this samantha chicka??? She sounds super awesome...

dudez tell me you made the sexytime with laura!?!

Dude, Samantha is the most incredible girl ev4r

...and negative ghostrider
Old Mar 28, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

zomg... i just took my roommate for a turco tuned beat run... wow she feels like the complete opposite of doodies. in fact i think there may be some doodies in my pants after that...
Old Mar 28, 2009, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Weird. I thought maybe the TPS got loose and maybe was reading high during idle. if you log TPS at idle it should be <14. 14 or greater should be out of spec and might throw a code.
If Tony helps me with my FMIC install, I'll have him bring over his laptop to log my TPS but yea it went from running like complete crap one day to running perfectly normal the next day. My CEL went away right after the code was pulled and its been about 200 miles since then and it hasn't come back on yet and the car runs perfectly fine.
Old Mar 28, 2009, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

just blew my new turbo. there goes 1500$. another 1500$ to get it running again. i might sell this thing
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

WTF man? What happened? That really sucks. Sorry to hear Ryan
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
just blew my new turbo. there goes 1500$. another 1500$ to get it running again. i might sell this thing
what turbo was it and why did it blow?
Old Mar 28, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

The turbo kit is the greddy t67 (25g) kit. its like a 4500$ kit. We took it off my friends car and the kit only had 3000miles. i paid him (got a good price) and threw it on my car. got my custom licp and new fmic. Today i went and installed my 1000cc injectors. Got it running real good. upped boost to 20 psi. still no knock. Pulled over and gave the mbc a couple more turns to get it up to 23 ish. Went WOT and there was no boost at all. im like wtf. no wierd noises or n e thing. Pull my intake pipe off and turbo won't even spin. unsure of cause at this point but i will take it out and take it apart within a week or 2.

if this is gonna cost me more than a grand or so im puttin my stock 8 parts back on and selling it and gettin a street bike. also i still live at home so with the extra time and money it would help me to move out.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
The turbo kit is the greddy t67 (25g) kit. its like a 4500$ kit. We took it off my friends car and the kit only had 3000miles. i paid him (got a good price) and threw it on my car. got my custom licp and new fmic. Today i went and installed my 1000cc injectors. Got it running real good. upped boost to 20 psi. still no knock. Pulled over and gave the mbc a couple more turns to get it up to 23 ish. Went WOT and there was no boost at all. im like wtf. no wierd noises or n e thing. Pull my intake pipe off and turbo won't even spin. unsure of cause at this point but i will take it out and take it apart within a week or 2.

if this is gonna cost me more than a grand or so im puttin my stock 8 parts back on and selling it and gettin a street bike. also i still live at home so with the extra time and money it would help me to move out.
if it doesn't spin, it sounds like oil starvation. did you prime it when you installed it? also, did you check for shaft play before installing? there may have been pre-existing damage.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 05:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
if it doesn't spin, it sounds like oil starvation. did you prime it when you installed it? also, did you check for shaft play before installing? there may have been pre-existing damage.
+1

Mikie i saw your text message yesterday i was going to call you but i lost track of time. You buying more guns?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
yea as i stated the turbo was like new since it had very little miles on it. there was no shaft play at all. i ran 12 psi through it (wastegate spring pressure) for a few weeks before i finally got around to installing injectors and upping the boost. that is when it blew.

i am gonna take it out and see if it can be re-built. you think if it was just oil starved it can be re-built?
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

Mikie,

Timz introduced me to Midas Touch. It was love at first sip.

That is all,
-Kenny

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread