Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2009, 12:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone with an X wanna help me test fit some parts? I have a 1pc UICP and an intake I need to get fitted ASAP. Free UICP for whoever can gimme a hand

I posted a few weeks ago but I don't think anyone responded
Old Jun 12, 2009, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
You live in Worcester, right??

9. Worcester, Mass.
Population: 165,965
Key Attributes: Among the best mid-size cities for singles. High concentration of gays and lesbians, high percentage of workers with bachelor degrees.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/be...9yLWdlbi15cw--
Who they hell wrote that? Someone really optimistic. Maybe I am just cynical, but worcester wouldn't be on my place I would choose to live and I live in Framingham, so clearly my standards aren't all that high.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:34 AM

You live in Worcester, right??

9. Worcester, Mass.
Population: 165,965
Key Attributes: Among the best mid-size cities for singles. High concentration of gays and lesbians, high percentage of workers with bachelor degrees.

http://realestate.yahoo.com/promo/be...9yLWdlbi15cw--
Hahaha! I live in Marlborough, but just put Worcester since more people know about it.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:36 AM

Oh, and if anyone knows of any CHEAP (around $1000!), running cars for sale let me know. My oldest sister's car ('92 Tercel) broke to sh*t and needs to find a cheap replacement. TIA, ILU
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Going to test drive that evo tonight
wooo!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Oh, and if anyone knows of any CHEAP (around $1000!), running cars for sale let me know. My oldest sister's car ('92 Tercel) broke to sh*t and needs to find a cheap replacement. TIA, ILU

I am sure you can make that Tercel run fine with $1k...if not, email the list of items/parts it needs and I will see if I can make it happen. I am not optimistic u finding a $1k dollar car that wont need at least $1k to run everyday and pass inspection.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:24 AM

I am sure you can make that Tercel run fine with $1k...if not, email the list of items/parts it needs and I will see if I can make it happen. I am not optimistic u finding a $1k dollar car that wont need at least $1k to run everyday and pass inspection.
Well...it needs a new motor (she ran out of oil), transmission (doesn't have reverse or neutral?), and a whole new body, as it is rusted to sh*t. I think every suspension component needs to be replaced and at least two of the hubs are almost rusted to the point of snapping off. So the car is not really worth it or salvageable for that matter. It was free though, and lasted over a year. I'm going to scope out CL and see whats out there for her. I know you can find good cheap cars, just not easy. My buddy got a '94 buick for $800 and he did not have to put a dime in it. Other times you end up putting twice as much into it as you paid. If you have any other ideas, let me know!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Well...it needs a new motor (she ran out of oil), transmission (doesn't have reverse or neutral?), and a whole new body, as it is rusted to sh*t. I think every suspension component needs to be replaced and at least two of the hubs are almost rusted to the point of snapping off. So the car is not really worth it or salvageable for that matter. It was free though, and lasted over a year. I'm going to scope out CL and see whats out there for her. I know you can find good cheap cars, just not easy. My buddy got a '94 buick for $800 and he did not have to put a dime in it. Other times you end up putting twice as much into it as you paid. If you have any other ideas, let me know!

In that case, pull the plates and leave it in front of city hall. Leave a note stating "please donate this car to a charity for tax deduction, or give me the $4500 Cash for Clunkers stimulus towards a new car -kthxbai"

I will check out our "drive of shame" list to see what we have and/or may have coming in soon. I will get back to you if there is anything worth making the trip here to Manch to check out.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:36 AM

In that case, pull the plates and leave it in front of city hall. Leave a note stating "please donate this car to a charity for tax deduction, or give me the $4500 Cash for Clunkers stimulus towards a new car -kthxbai"

I will check out our "drive of shame" list to see what we have and/or may have coming in soon. I will get back to you if there is anything worth making the trip here to Manch to check out.
That would be awesome. Thanks man!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

detailed the saabaru this weekend... all i can say is wow... she came out significantly better than i had any hope for. she is looking really good right now.

turk we should do the sentra man. the saabaru might have been in worse shape than the sentra and she came out really good. i think the sentra could come out really well.

anyone have suggestions on places for tint? i am considering doing a 35% all the way around.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nah the Sentaru is happy being dirty.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
detailed the saabaru this weekend... all i can say is wow... she came out significantly better than i had any hope for. she is looking really good right now.

turk we should do the sentra man. the saabaru might have been in worse shape than the sentra and she came out really good. i think the sentra could come out really well.

anyone have suggestions on places for tint? i am considering doing a 35% all the way around.

Google: 'Saabaru tint locations in Massachussetts'

^^ yes, thats me being an a$$...it's okay, you can hate me for hating that word.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

^^^ ok...
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx

Tint King is obviously the place to go since u get to has a hangout with me while they are doing it. Dont let those bastards push u around tho, I had to tell them whats up to get mine done right.

Dont think they can tint cars they've never heard of tho. I bet they could do a Saab, but i dont know about a "Saabaru"
Old Jun 15, 2009, 08:41 AM

And so it seems the whole world is against Paul. Luckily, he still had his saabaru, which was all he needed. Stay tuned next week as the drama continues to unfold...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread