Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:10 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
I have the better part of an aquamist setup in my basement. i think it needs a few misc parts, but i am willing to cut you a really good deal on it

...and in other news, i'm once again on teh phone with verizon since they ****ed up my bill again. i have a feeling fios will be leaving the building very soon.
i can has price?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:14 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone know any local shops that can do custom fab work (i/c piping/exhaust work)?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
is he running 50/50 alchy/water?
We were when we first strapped onto the dyno but we figured we'd try 100% meth and she resisted knock much better and we gained another 2* across the board. I think 50% water if extremely helpful with an inadequate FMIC but with the Buschur Race FMIC we figured we'd give 100% meth another chance.

When he had the Greddy FMIC, knock resistance/power potential was better with 50% water.

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
That Buschur race fmic is the **** isnt it? my intake temps dropped dramatically after switching to that intercooler.
Its kickass

Last edited by Jack_of_Trades; Jun 24, 2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
We were when we first strapped onto the dyno but we figured we'd try 100% meth and she resisted knock much better and we gained another 2* across the board. I think 50% water if extremely helpful with an inadequate FMIC but with the Buschur Race FMIC we figured we'd give 100% meth another chance.

When he had the Greddy FMIC, knock resistance/power potential was better with 50% water.

Its kicakass
i find that interesting. typically, water is going to remove a lot more heat from the combustion chamber than meth. i was always under the impression 50/50 mix was optimal unless you were out of injector, in which case, upping the percentage of alchy would allow you lower you IDCs since you would be delivering more fuel.

alcohol will evaporate before water, so if your IC is inadequate, it will evaporate before it enters the combustion chamber, resulting in it being less dense. that's undesirable, obviously.

were the AFRs leaner with the 50/50 mix?
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yes water is far better at reducing air temps but does nothing for octane gains, which is why a mixture is helpful. With the Race FMIC, cooler air temps are taken care of so we can use the meth as a pure octane booster now.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
Yes water is far better at reducing air temps but does nothing for octane gains, which is why a mixture is helpful. With the Race FMIC, cooler air temps are taken care of so we can use the meth as a pure octane booster now.
you don't want the water reducing air temps. you want it to evaporate while combustion is occurring, which reduces the chance of detonation, so it effectively does act like an octane booster. in an ideal world, you would squirt your injection right into the cylinder, but that's not really viable.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

I get what you're saying but in his case we tried both on the dyno and in his instance straight meth yielded greater resistance to knock so we stuck with it. I wish we had direct port injection setups in the evo's lol.
Old Jun 24, 2009, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Bill is already making some pretty impressive power. I would be hard pressed to think there is a lot left in it. Maybe another 10whp. i mean that is from a 1000' view, the tuner knows best

I might be around friday if you want to meet up again. this weekend is completely booked. I will try to make time on friday since i know your schedule is tough.
Just text me if your available on friday but if your not, whenever your available to do the seals and boost leak test just call or text. Do you still have my number?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

I have the better part of an aquamist setup in my basement. i think it needs a few misc parts, but i am willing to cut you a really good deal on it

...and in other news, i'm once again on teh phone with verizon since they ****ed up my bill again. i have a feeling fios will be leaving the building very soon.
I'm going to pretend to have not read that.

As for FiOS I have luckily had no problems with them. As far as cancelation goes, I told them I was moving to a temporary place while I wait to close on a house because I couldn't stand my 'el douche bag land lords any longer & that I would go back to them when I got into my house. They bought it hook line & sinker and waived the "early termination fees" for me.

Maybe I won't go back to them, but as far as cable goes I see no other options...
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:50 AM
Evolved Member

Where to are you planing on moving Ajay?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
Where to are you planing on moving Ajay?
Right now out of my apartment. That's all I have planned. I'm debating moving closer to where my kid will be on the Cape or staying local. Things are going to get very very crazy soon, so I don't want to be hasseled by my psycho land lords anymore about roomates who no longer live with me & I'm not going to have my new born in a house that they can't prove has been deleaded or not. Hense why I am just GTFO now while I easily can.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DocCola
Right now out of my apartment. That's all I have planned. I'm debating moving closer to where my kid will be on the Cape or staying local. Things are going to get very very crazy soon, so I don't want to be hasseled by my psycho land lords anymore about roomates who no longer live with me & I'm not going to have my new born in a house that they can't prove has been deleaded or not. Hense why I am just GTFO now while I easily can.
Ahh, hopefully everything works out for you. How's the Evo and everything else? I haven't seen you or your dog lol in a while. I love that dog.

Turco, when I see you next time I definitely want you to look at my donut gasket on the downpipe from the engine bay. To me, it doesn't look like its seating right in the downpipe so I might have to drop the downpipe and adjust it from there. I just want your opinion because I don't want any leaks when it comes time to tune because an exhaust leak will also affect the tune correct?

Last edited by 19DB794; Jun 25, 2009 at 05:04 AM.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Ahh, hopefully everything works out for you. How's the Evo? I haven't seen you or your dog lol in a while. I love that dog.
Yeah, it's been awhile. I've done no racing yet besides hitting the drag strip once, but no auto-x, no hill climbs, etc yet this year. Hell, I was suppose to order clamps and stuff like a month ago so Turco & I could do a boost leak test & what not and maybe up the boost a little. My car has been pretty neglected lately. It's already been turned into a daddy mobile & I can feel it's displeasure in that fact. I am hoping to dedicate the next nice Sat/Sun to a full wash/wax/detail for the car at least, it needs it big time.

As far as Rai, he is having baby envy right now, Mike has heard me ***** about it plenty. Haven't come home once in the past week to a clean house since he insists on tearing crap up to let me know he doesn't appreciate me not giving him enough attention.

Oh well, such is life, right?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just text me if your available on friday but if your not, whenever your available to do the seals and boost leak test just call or text. Do you still have my number?
Shoot me a text again so i am sure i have your number.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 05:19 AM

turco i was looking for an old pic and i came across this and thought it was funny

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread