Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2009, 08:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I believe just off the shelf ATF. Nothing fancy. That tranny is bulletproof - even though he just blew the 2nd gear syncro. But that was a bit of user error.

Autox is at devens. Check the motorsports thread stickie at the top of the northeast section https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/northeast-region-40/
actually, i just read the fluid is supposedly good for 100k miles. that's why i have a warranty

i do need to take care of the rear diff, though- i may just go to the dealer. the stupid lube is $30/quart, so i need like $75 worth of fluids alone.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mikie! you should definitely go to auto-x! i wanna see the V tear it up.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You should have your car detailed then Ajay. I hated looking at all the rcok chips so that's why I had a clear bra installed on practically the entire front end of my car lol.

Thanks Kenny, that's exactly what paul used. I'll have to pick some up as well as a clay bar.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
Sealant is used in place of wax. Works best on white and black cars from what I hear. Lasts a long time and you use very little for one car.

This is likely what Paul used, but I'm just guessing: http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-opti-seal.html
Thank you for the link. I've been thinking about investing in some stuff like that. I use all Meguires stuff right now and I like it, but when it runs out I think I'm going to switch to stuff like that.

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Yea using a claybar dry without any lube definitely is a sticky situation...

[Insert dirty comments below?]
I learned that quickly yesterday. I was getting VERY annoied trying to clay the car with the crap sticking to the hood.

Originally Posted by crazymikie
Clay bar should take out any imperfections in the paint, both things you can feel as well as crap you can see in the paint (that takes more work).

When I got the CTS, it felt like there was sand embedded in the paint. It all came out pretty easily, though. You have to make sure that you constantly work the clay bar too and throw out pieces when the get really dirty. Else you are just going to scratch up the clear coat.

I have some sealant at home- I generally polish, seal and then put some wax on there. The P21S 100% carnuaba is my favorite. It seems to last a really long time and it's really easy to apply/remove.

Next time you come by we can take a look at your car.
I know I could clay the car much better. My main goal yesterday was just to get a coat of wax on the car since I haven't had the chance to wax it since I think late April. I also wanted to try and clean up the trunk a bit because I think I'm going back wingless and I didn't want to take the trunk off dirty and nasty like I did in the winter.

I have another question related to wax. My gf tried waxing her car a few months back I guess (before me, haha) and she managed to mess it all up. Her hood looks like crap because she didn't properly wax it (think it was hot/in the sun) and didn't fully remove the wax. Now it's pretty stuck on there. What's the best way to get that old wax off there?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
You should have your car detailed then Ajay. I hated looking at all the rcok chips so that's why I had a clear bra installed on practically the entire front end of my car lol.

Thanks Kenny, that's exactly what paul used. I'll have to pick some up as well as a clay bar.
Unfortunately a detail will not cover these chips. They are all the way through the paint. I think I'm just going to suffer til the car is paid off then eventually get it fully resprayed and have an ungodly amount of clear put on it

It's not like I'm going to stop beating on the car. It doesn't bug me that much, just sucks when I look at it up close and see all the chips. But when people ask why I have so many I just say it's because I drive to damn fast.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If your looking for a good wax Ajay, I use Optimum car wax. Its just a spray on wax and it really brings out the color and flake or whatever its called that the graphite gray paint has. I wish my Evo was almost paid off. I'm hoping in the next year or two to have it paid off. I wanna start saving for a house. Hopefully I can still afford the evo if I do lol.

Last edited by 19DB794; Jul 7, 2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 09:38 AM

mikie sign up for the autox on august 1st.
I have a company outing that day that I already committed to I would have liked to at least gone and watched...
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by DocCola
I have another question related to wax. My gf tried waxing her car a few months back I guess (before me, haha) and she managed to mess it all up. Her hood looks like crap because she didn't properly wax it (think it was hot/in the sun) and didn't fully remove the wax. Now it's pretty stuck on there. What's the best way to get that old wax off there?
blue dawn dish detergent
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:10 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hate mitsu paint, i find the evo a lost cause for detailing, plus i hate doing it. Wash and wax with a yearly claybar is about all the time, effort and money the ricebox is getting out of me
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 19DB794
If your looking for a good wax Ajay, I use Optimum car wax. Its just a spray on wax and it really brings out the color and flake or whatever its called that the graphite gray paint has. I wish my Evo was almost paid off. I'm hoping in the next year or two to have it paid off. I wanna start saving for a house. Hopefully I can still afford the evo if I do lol.
The plan is similar for me, have the Evo paid off sometime around next December or January (been delayed a bit thanks to the divorce). I planned on buying a house, just wasn't sure where. But since my daughter is going to be up here I really don't want to have to leave again so I'm considering getting out of the military instead of going career. I'll still buy a house, just not sure when or where.

Thanks for the wax info, I will look into it.

blue dawn dish detergent
I will try that out.

I hate mitsu paint, i find the evo a lost cause for detailing, plus i hate doing it. Wash and wax with a yearly claybar is about all the time, effort and money the ricebox is getting out of me
I feel kind of the same, detailing is time consuming and kind of a pain in the ***, but on the right day like yesterday it's nice to just get away for a few hours to just clean the car up. Plus, graphite gray looks amazing all clean and shiney.

One day I will get to ordering those t-bolt clamps so we can finally turn up teh boost. I promise.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:43 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mr turco
i hate mitsu paint, i find the evo a lost cause for detailing, plus i hate doing it. Wash and wax with a yearly claybar is about all the time, effort and money the ricebox is getting out of me
+1
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The plan is similar for me, have the Evo paid off sometime around next December or January (been delayed a bit thanks to the divorce). I planned on buying a house, just wasn't sure where. But since my daughter is going to be up here I really don't want to have to leave again so I'm considering getting out of the military instead of going career. I'll still buy a house, just not sure when or where.

Thanks for the wax info, I will look into it.

I will try that out.

I feel kind of the same, detailing is time consuming and kind of a pain in the ***, but on the right day like yesterday it's nice to just get away for a few hours to just clean the car up. Plus, graphite gray looks amazing all clean and shiney.

One day I will get to ordering those t-bolt clamps so we can finally turn up teh boost. I promise.
I have about 250 2.5" tbolts in stock if you need any
Old Jul 7, 2009, 10:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Plus, graphite gray looks amazing all clean and shiney.
GG is boring no matter how you swing it

The hawtest GG i have seen is dex's car in most recent form.

Last edited by MR Turco; Jul 7, 2009 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:02 AM

Ajay-

When are you and Rai coming to visit?

Odin has been practicing his wrestling moves!
Old Jul 7, 2009, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
I have about 250 2.5" tbolts in stock if you need any
I dunno if that is the right size for what I'm looking for. I want to replace all the worm clamps on my stock upper pipe since they all suck. If that is what you have I will be happy to purchase some from you!

PS, do you know where I can find a power steering resivoir cap? Mine is leaking for some reason and slowly spitting fluid out and it's getting on my hood. Highly annoing.

GG is boring no matter how you swing it

The hawtest GG i have seen is dex's car in most recent form.
Hey now, gg is the sex. :-P

I want to see they most recent form you speak of....

just because I'm bored....

before (with a cruddy detail though taken with a real camera)

now (taken with my storm since my camera battery was dead, really should have taken a pic with my camera since now it has been rained on)

The difference in quality between the camera's does the car no justice.

Ajay-

When are you and Rai coming to visit?

Odin has been practicing his wrestling moves!
Soon I hope. I am going to be on the range all day this saterday requalifying with my M4 & M9, so this weekend is a no go. And I'm stuck at work til 430 every night this week except for tonight so looks like after Sunday sometime???

Last edited by DocCola; Jul 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread