Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2009, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Spec-Rs are installed, broke the front endlinks loose so I can mod the front sway, and the rear sway is set to full stiff. This should be interesting...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 03:49 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^ BAHAHAAHA

I figured out when i spin it's cause i am trying to give to much throttle to counter understeer, i think i am trying to counter understeer like you are supposed to counter oversteer. maybe a ton of oversteer is just what i need.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ BAHAHAAHA

I figured out when i spin it's cause i am trying to give to much throttle to counter understeer, i think i am trying to counter understeer like you are supposed to counter oversteer. maybe a ton of oversteer is just what i need.
Yeah, cut-throttle is the best way to counter understeer- especially with the rear sway. Mid-turn throttle cut makes the rear end on mine come out very easily....I love it!

Just make sure to add counter-steer when you throttle-on for your oversteer correction... or else...
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Yeah, cut-throttle is the best way to counter understeer- especially with the rear sway. Mid-turn throttle cut makes the rear end on mine come out very easily....I love it!

Just make sure to add counter-steer when you throttle-on for your oversteer correction... or else...
We'll see. I am glad i will learn at the test and tune since they will actually let me change the sway if i need to. I am hoping it will help force the car to oversteer since autox is a lot of tight bends and it seems in the heavier cars oversteer is a necessity.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

We'll see. I am glad i will learn at the test and tune since they will actually let me change the sway if i need to. I am hoping it will help force the car to oversteer since autox is a lot of tight bends and it seems in the heavier cars oversteer is a necessity.
I, too, am looking forward to the T&T approach. I think I'll start with the full-stiff treatment. I am just more certain that it's gonna end with a lot of wrong-way facing and an eventual trip to the ramps at lunchtime. We shall see!

I'm gonna bring a tarp for under-car adjustments.

IB"zomg,thatpostissoghey"
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:35 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I, too, am looking forward to the T&T approach. I think I'll start with the full-stiff treatment. I am just more certain that it's gonna end with a lot of wrong-way facing and an eventual trip to the ramps at lunchtime. We shall see!

I'm gonna bring a tarp for under-car adjustments.

IB"zomg,thatpostissoghey"
you aren't driving your car hard enough unless you have spun. It is a good way to see how far you can truly bring the car imo.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:40 AM
Evolved Member

you aren't driving your car hard enough unless you have spun. It is a good way to see how far you can truly bring the car imo.

Maybe...I get a LOT more understeer than you, I am still not sure why.... but I also think I keep it under control...

I have certainly been on the verge of spinning- but I fail to see how letting it go would help my time .
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 500hpOnPumpEvo
All Cars get together Jully 10th 5pm to 8pm (or whenever)

Canton R138 (right before or after depending your direction Rt.95) On 128...2 miles off the exit on the right.

SSHP/North End Motors Extra Parking lot...

For more info/directiosn call 781-575-0206
who all is going to this tonight
Old Jul 10, 2009, 07:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I have certainly been on the verge of spinning- but I fail to see how letting it go would help my time .
it wouldn't. The times i spun i wasn't on the verge of spinning, it happened quickly, i wasn't like trying to regain control and lost it. It was just gone.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:01 AM

it wouldn't. The times i spun i wasn't on the verge of spinning, it happened quickly, i wasn't like trying to regain control and lost it. It was just gone.
welcome to my world.....

remember, sway bars are just a crutch for improper spring rates. ideally you want the bar to be as loose as possible, but still get the job done. the stiffer you make the bar, the lass independence you have between the wheels and you go from an independent rear suspension to effectively a solid rear axle. hello mustang!!!!!!!!!!!

the setup of the car will greatly affect oversteer and understeer. i could easily get throttle on oversteer in my car, which i prefered to lift-throttle oversteer. you'll need to play around with things to get them where you like them. i recommend keeping both sways in their middle settings and going from there. then you have the option to stiffen or loosen as you need.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
welcome to my world.....

remember, sway bars are just a crutch for improper spring rates. ideally you want the bar to be as loose as possible, but still get the job done. the stiffer you make the bar, the lass independence you have between the wheels and you go from an independent rear suspension to effectively a solid rear axle. hello mustang!!!!!!!!!!!

the setup of the car will greatly affect oversteer and understeer. i could easily get throttle on oversteer in my car, which i prefered to lift-throttle oversteer. you'll need to play around with things to get them where you like them. i recommend keeping both sways in their middle settings and going from there. then you have the option to stiffen or loosen as you need.
Yeah, unfortunately i am on the best spring option out there. I think road racing, and street driving is vastly different from autox. you are forcing a car to do things in tight quarters, something the evo doesn't seem to be naturally great at. I was in the middle setting and i like it but wanted a bit more. I will be ineterested to see how the new springs and the full stiff act.

Like i said, luckily i will be at a test and tune, so i can just go change it if i need to. I think the car is almost where i want it. I still think my tires are a big factor too. The advans seem to be too slick for front but too grippy in back so i need to force them to break a bit.
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
welcome to my world.....

^^^^
we all know how that turned out tho

J/K
Old Jul 10, 2009, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
^^^^
we all know how that turned out tho

J/K
12k springs on suspect coilovers + pothole + apex = bad news
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old Jul 10, 2009, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

so I moved into my apartment in Marlborough yesterday... unfortunately i wont be living there for a couple more months... I am gonna need some help tuning my car so if someone wants good beer in exchange for tuning assistance I will have some to provide.

wee im a m*******.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread