Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll meet y'all at Kelly's Roast Beef Curtains

I'm out for the movie- I already saw it. We could always retire back to my place for movies and/or old school [non-360] xbox.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
hey guys...any idea what time the movie is tonite? or what time we're meeting up? AMD? Bueller? Anyone?

Apparently, I can't check on teh movie at work here...maybe i could from my Q, but it's a POS so who the hell would want to do that?

Does everyone want to see the movie tonite? Should we just do dinner? Are these too many questions?
Showings are at 6:45 and 9:00 tonight. How about we plan on dinner at kellys at 7, then we can figure out if we want to goto the 9:00 showing from there? I actually wouldn't mind checkin out the mike & mike palace afterwards... i've never been to the neverland ranch...

dave, wanna meet at your place tonight? i don't wanna stay at work till 6:30 today you mind if i head over maybe like 530/600?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:42 AM
Evolving Member

o yea, so does anyone want to go to the autoshow this weekend? its $12 and at a new location. i will probably go saturday.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the deal with this autoshow guys ? Is it just cars that enter in the area or what ? Also where and when ?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evo8Emperor
Whats the deal with this autoshow guys ? Is it just cars that enter in the area or what ? Also where and when ?
the show is the new england international autoshow

its new cars. it started weds and is going till sunday. heres a link: http://www.paragonexpo.com/189.html?flash=1

I've gone the past 3 or 4 years and i usually have a good time. its at a new (and from what i hear much bigger) location this year. i believe they will have a lot more exotics this year (ferrari, lotus, aston martin, rollers, bentley, etc...)

somtimes they have concepts. i know they are going to have a few this year. i would be very surprised if the evo x was there tho
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:55 AM

there were some people on nasioc that hit the show and said it was pretty good this year. i guess the larger location helped. i know there is a new sti there, no word on the evo X though.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
there were some people on nasioc that hit the show and said it was pretty good this year. i guess the larger location helped. i know there is a new sti there, no word on the evo X though.
the old location was always hit or miss... a couple years i had a sick time and they had some awesome cars... atleast 1 year there really wasnt anything interesting there...

i also heard the new location helped a lot

off topic...

what do you guys think about wranglers? im thinking more and more about getting a second vehicle. so far i've been thinking late 90's tacoma or frontier. reg or extended cab. 5spd. i've thought about getting a wrangler tho too even tho i think jeeps are garbage... i might even just buy my roomate's 97 4runner. its cheap and solid haha.

this looks like it could be a decent deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by Paulnsx; Nov 29, 2007 at 08:07 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I dunno i would rather save $12 and time and gas and just peruse som dealer lots come January. That is just me though. I really would only want to see the STi and X. I could give a crap about the majority of other cars. Porsche and Ferrari are cool to see when they are there and depending on what cars they bring. But i actually see the new porsches on the street pretty often.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dextor, did you read up on the MIVEC disassembly thread? pretty interesting stuff. That Mfred impresses me with his ECU voodoo.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Paul, you can head over to my place...that's no problem, but I have another dentist appointment this afternoon so I may be a little late...I'll call you when I'm leaving Natick (dentist).

I'm out for the autoshow...our parents are going to be in town for most of teh weekend. I probably have some availability Friday evening and Sunday afternoon if anyone's up for anything.

Dex- are you coming tonite? do you wanna swing by the house after work and before dinner? lemme know buddy.

Anyone else? Greg? Marshall?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, and Dex, my EZFlash is due to arrive today! WoooHooooo
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You kids and your micros.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:23 AM

I have a 1994 Cherokee that I treat worse than....well anything. I beat the crap out of it and still haven't changed the oil. It's a 5spd / 2wd and it gets ~20 mpg and runs on regular. It ain't pretty, but it's hauled around a lot of stuff. The I6 motors will run forever and most of the drivetrain is pretty diesel. The one thing to watch out for is death wobble. You just need to replace some steering bushings, but if you are on the highway and it lets go, bad things will happen.

Oh...and it cost me $900. As Turco about the things I've done to it....

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
the old location was always hit or miss... a couple years i had a sick time and they had some awesome cars... atleast 1 year there really wasnt anything interesting there...

i also heard the new location helped a lot

off topic...

what do you guys think about wranglers? im thinking more and more about getting a second vehicle. so far i've been thinking late 90's tacoma or frontier. reg or extended cab. 5spd. i've thought about getting a wrangler tho too even tho i think jeeps are garbage... i might even just buy my roomate's 97 4runner. its cheap and solid haha.

this looks like it could be a decent deal: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...QQcmdZViewItem
Old Nov 29, 2007, 08:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Buy a Cherokee instead. They are WAY cheaper and more readably available. Plus they are pretty much indestructible as mikie stated. And if you get one with a little body damage all you need is some bathroom caulking and JB Stick.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 09:01 AM

don't forget the flat black rustoleum

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread