Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mark Wahlberg and christain bail is chillen in my hood all this week down the street from my house at the west end gym haha well i believe they will film the whole movie in lowell its based on mickey wards life (professional boxer)
Old Jul 20, 2009, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mark wahlberg = awesome.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by binky
K&N Intake / B&M Short Shifter / Apexi Turbo Timer / Apexi GT Spec Cat-Back & Downpipe / Megan SS EM / Megan O2 Housing / HKS 272 Cams / ARP Head Studs / Walbro 255 / Apexi S-AFC Neo / Aeromotive FPR / Hallman MBC @ 27 PSI / Defi-Link Imperial 2 Boost, Oil, EGT / AEM Wideband O2 / Exedy Twin HD Clutch / Gizzmo Shift Light / Whiteline Front Roll Center Adjustment Kit / BLOX Front Motor Mount / ETS 3.5" Intercooler + Piping / HKS SSQV BOV / Cusco Oil Catch Can / ETS Upper Rad Pipe / Mellon Tune

And, I would like to add FIC 1050 injectors and the 10.5 hotside. Oh, I love Mellon, I just wanted to get a dyno and be done with it instead of e-mailing back and forth.

-Bink
Am I the only one to question why there is a need for FIC 1050 injectors? you plan on running E-85 or a 35R?

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Wow you have a lot of interesting modifications.
+1

Originally Posted by KGHtheII
One of the pics you guys posted triggered my anti-virus at work.

Odd.
+1
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think everyone on here thats deciding to get injectors plans for the 'possibility' of E85 becoming more attainable in the future and doesn't want to buy injectors twice.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
Am I the only one to question why there is a need for FIC 1050 injectors? you plan on running E-85 or a 35R?

+1

+1
FP Red over the winter.

-Bink
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
mark wahlberg = awesome.

I disagree with you k?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:36 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
BTW i fully agree with going larger on injectors. I still have PTE 1000s sitting on my shelf to be installed.

Toyota's Bill Reinert lets loose on ethanol, li-ion batteries, plug-in vehicles

"That's the first law of Disney at work--wishing will make it so. Using ethanol for fuel is like electing the dumbest kid in school as class president. As for plug-in electrics, they're just not plausible right now. Lithium-ion batteries are too expensive by at least an order of magnitude. They're not energy-dense enough. And we generate a lot of our electricity from coal. I don't think Shai [Agassi, of Better Place] is being disingenuous. I think he really believes what he's saying. I see it all the time from those Palo Alto types. They think the whole world is like a computer company, and they're always trying to recreate the dot-com economy. You see exactly the same mind-set with Tesla. It's all going to work out. It worked out with eBay. It worked out with SAP. But transportation is a different world. I mean, Shai's bragging about driving an electric RAV4 with a seventy-mile range. How many of your friends are going to buy that car?"

audio here - http://www.autobloggreen.com/2...etter/

Last edited by MR Turco; Jul 20, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Turco, could you tune me if I run four walbro's with each their own pressure feed line to the intake manifold? I dont want to run injectors or a FPR. LMK! -kthxbai
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:46 PM

wow....someone actually has their head on straight....

BTW i fully agree with going larger on injectors. I still have PTE 1000s sitting on my shelf to be installed.

Toyota's Bill Reinert lets loose on ethanol, li-ion batteries, plug-in vehicles

"That's the first law of Disney at work--wishing will make it so. Using ethanol for fuel is like electing the dumbest kid in school as class president. As for plug-in electrics, they're just not plausible right now. Lithium-ion batteries are too expensive by at least an order of magnitude. They're not energy-dense enough. And we generate a lot of our electricity from coal. I don't think Shai [Agassi, of Better Place] is being disingenuous. I think he really believes what he's saying. I see it all the time from those Palo Alto types. They think the whole world is like a computer company, and they're always trying to recreate the dot-com economy. You see exactly the same mind-set with Tesla. It's all going to work out. It worked out with eBay. It worked out with SAP. But transportation is a different world. I mean, Shai's bragging about driving an electric RAV4 with a seventy-mile range. How many of your friends are going to buy that car?"

audio here - http://www.autobloggreen.com/2...etter/
Old Jul 20, 2009, 12:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
wow....someone actually has their head on straight....
That's what i said, breath of fresh air in this industry.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:17 PM

I was reading the jokes in this months maxim and I think I found the 1 mikie sent in.

Q: What's the most successful pickup line ever?

A: Does this smell like chloroform?
Old Jul 20, 2009, 05:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

^^ I like: "Do you know how to crush a pill" better.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:20 PM

^^ I like: "Do you know how to crush a pill" better.
i've always used a mini strainer to grind the pills into a very fine powder. crushing is to clumpy.
Old Jul 21, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

So I just got a letter in the mail saying I'm being fined by the town of waltham for putting my garbage out too early.... First off wtf? Second off this guy said I put it out sunday morning whereas the rules are no earlier than sunday after sundown. I wasn't even home sunday morning and no one else lives in the apartment with me. That's the second time he's ticketed me for nothing and he doesn't call back and is never in the office...
Old Jul 21, 2009, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Turco, could you tune me if I run four walbro's with each their own pressure feed line to the intake manifold? I dont want to run injectors or a FPR. LMK! -kthxbai
While your at it maybe use the Buschur Double Pumper for each line....just in case ya know

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread