Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
yeah X is all ecu controlled boost, i like

Nice..as do I right now considerin my mod fund right now

Quote is so friggin slow for a while, like weeks for me.

+1

BTW autox was epic today. Craziest course i have ever driven @ 1.2 miles long
Mmmm autoxing..that's what I so need to get into. I'm sorry, 1/4 mile is fun and all, but I have a car with fun handling, I need to use it.
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I think it has a lot to do with a few of the tuner options out there adjusted their tune for a MBC boost curve(Buschurs and TTP to name a few). Plus, it's probably easier to have the end user dial-in the boost curve manually than to preload an ECU controlled curve (we all know the EBC settings are different on every car depending on mods).

Hmmm...so should I sell my Hallman or.......lol

I wonder how high of a boost curve we can get with the stock BCS? I guess we'll see, huh Billy boy? haha

Ya we will..or will not. Between you and Turco..I'm sure we can get the most out of this car, well the least possible....for now of course. Hopefully I'll be ordering the Zeitronix set up soon, after that, I gotta start saving for an exhaust. This quietness is killing me. I already started researching exhausts, so many to choose from. I do know I am keeping the dual tip, but a small part of me is digging the ones with the titanium tips, just becuase of the color of the car.
Well I suppose I should get off my a$$, and get off EvoM now, and get ready..I'll see ya in a few...

Signed: "The paperweight"
Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Ever seen a FWD car drift
Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
lol, see you soon Bill. The Mirage can't keep traction during pulls without your fat-*** in the passengers seat! haha
Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Bill when you say Zeitronix setup.. Are you referring to the Z-chip? If you are, that is designed to be run with a manual boost controller. Maybe you are talking about something else.

I assume thats not what you are talking about since you are talking about getting tuned..
Old Sep 5, 2009, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

lol, see you soon Bill. The Mirage can't keep traction during pulls without your fat-*** in the passengers seat! haha
Aye! I'm not fat..I just have a sweet hockey body!

But ya..see ya soon..wait til you guys hear the new wedding plans...
Old Sep 5, 2009, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Bill when you say Zeitronix setup.. Are you referring to the Z-chip? If you are, that is designed to be run with a manual boost controller. Maybe you are talking about something else.

I assume thats not what you are talking about since you are talking about getting tuned..
Nah, he means the basic wideband with the boost/AFR 52mm gauge. After using Innovate, Zeitronix is like a tuners heaven.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went out the last two nights.. not the best photos, I haven't touched my camera in over 2 years. I also have determined the need to buy a DSLR now.. I just would much rather mod the evo with that money haha
Link

Samples:

Old Sep 6, 2009, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

hey guys whats been goin on?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Just got back from Marshalls car show. Good times even though we showed up fashionably late *coughjamiecough*

It was cool seeing alot of people I have not seen in a while, and got to finally meet some people that I have either talked to, or done business with, including that Amish guy that came with Paul J/K Kenny..

And Marshall, thanks for having us. I really hope this event helped, and best wishes again to you and your family! I so can't wait to see some pics posted up.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 02:02 PM

bruce the pic with the pru in it, is that from on top the renaissance park garage?
Old Sep 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with a few of the tuner options out there adjusted their tune for a MBC boost curve(Buschurs and TTP to name a few). Plus, it's probably easier to have the end user dial-in the boost curve manually than to preload an ECU controlled curve (we all know the EBC settings are different on every car depending on mods).

I wonder how high of a boost curve we can get with the stock BCS? I guess we'll see, huh Billy boy? haha

Oh Turco, check out the newest VDR, it has all of the Drag CoEfficients and Frontal Area data entered for the Evo 7,8,9, and 10's now. Also, some NEDSM member from Mass wanted to come down this weekend for me to tune their Evo IX but I'm swamped with projects this weekend so I sent them your way for some extra loot if you have the time
I love ECU controlled boot, it will allow for faster boost ramp and holds boost longer up top. The stock mitsu solenoids are terrible though, i have to read up on what people are doing and if people are using GM 3-port

Originally Posted by SmikeEvo
Ever seen a FWD car drift
I has in my ride with Hanz...

Originally Posted by Spins4
Just got back from Marshalls car show. Good times even though we showed up fashionably late *coughjamiecough*

It was cool seeing alot of people I have not seen in a while, and got to finally meet some people that I have either talked to, or done business with, including that Amish guy that came with Paul J/K Kenny..

And Marshall, thanks for having us. I really hope this event helped, and best wishes again to you and your family! I so can't wait to see some pics posted up.
Hope the car show went well. I want pics *****es!
Old Sep 6, 2009, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kevinoffroad4x4
bruce the pic with the pru in it, is that from on top the renaissance park garage?
Nope, the renaissance garage is taller so the shot would be better however this shot was from the columbus garage. The renaissance was filled with move-in people and the columbus lot was about to be closed so I snuck in for a bit before they closed up for the night. When school begins and things settle I'll try the renaissance garage out.
Old Sep 6, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I has in my ride with Hanz...
Hans and Franz - here to pump you up.

I need to rotate my tires bad. My front centers are worn on the outside part of the inner tread blocks.

Last edited by Smike; Sep 6, 2009 at 08:24 PM.
Old Sep 7, 2009, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Turco - free sometime this week? Mind if I stop town? Need to rotate tires after my drifting
Old Sep 7, 2009, 04:38 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
not tomorrow but wed/thurs/fri i am home.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread