Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2009, 04:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
haha you beat me. I am TERRIBLE at drag racing. I plan to get better. Your trap is low for a 12.1 but i think you can fix that too.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 19DB794
Went to the last street night for this season and ran a 12.5 @ 111mph with a 1.944 60'. Not bad for bald blizzaks and a fuel problem. I ended up using some 100 octane to help with the fuel issue. I'm hoping for better times next year and a new clutch lol.
PS - Blizzaks (and winter tires in general) are actually good for drag racing due to how soft they are. A better 60' and maybe a quicker shift and you will be knocking on 11's door
Old Oct 31, 2009, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I heard that winter tires were better but since my blizzaks are pretty bald, I didnt think they would do all that great but I really didn't spin much and I lowered the air pressure so all 4 were down to around 19-20psi. The stock clutch definitely wont hold many more passes IMO. It's grabbing real high now lol but its perfectly fine for daily driving. I'll probably buy an exedy twin disk with my tax return. I'd love to run a high 11 with my setup. Hopefully with a new clutch and some practice I'll be around the 12.1 mark. Im just mainly worried about the afr issue with my car. I'm not sure how much parts will cost lol.

Last edited by 19DB794; Oct 31, 2009 at 06:25 PM.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Oh and what dealership do you guys use for warranty work? I wanna see if they'll replace my Brembo's. They're starting to turn white in some spots.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:13 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Westboro mitsu.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hopefully they dont say anything about my mods even though they have nothing to do with the braking system.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:25 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If they do, tell them to prove how your mods cause your brakes clear coat to fade.
Old Oct 31, 2009, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

I hope the techs there are good. I don't want them to mess with my car or scratch up my paint while their working on it since it just got repainted. I hate having dealerships work on my car. I rather do the work myself or with people I know. I'm definitely turning down the boost controller once it goes in.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Oh and what dealership do you guys use for warranty work? I wanna see if they'll replace my Brembo's. They're starting to turn white in some spots.

Originally Posted by MR Turco
If they do, tell them to prove how your mods cause your brakes clear coat to fade.

Good luck Josh!! They are the ones who denied me. Lets just hope there's no one else getting a new engine done under warranty because of driver error before you get there
Old Nov 2, 2009, 05:41 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I hope the techs there are good. I don't want them to mess with my car or scratch up my paint while their working on it since it just got repainted. I hate having dealerships work on my car. I rather do the work myself or with people I know. I'm definitely turning down the boost controller once it goes in.
The main evo tech owns an evo and is a pretty decent guy so i wouldn't worry.

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Good luck Josh!! They are the ones who denied me. Lets just hope there's no one else getting a new engine done under warranty because of driver error before you get there
Oh mai...
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:28 AM

No offense, but let's call a spade a spade. Taking a modified car to the drag strip and then turning down the boost controller when you bring it in because heat has caused your calipers to discolor is not exactly on the up and up either.

kthnx
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

They aren't discoloring, the clear coat fades and chips off. It is a known issue with the evos brakes. If if your brakes discolor after 1 drag night then there is another issue.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 07:38 AM
Evolving Member

Worst case is they deny it and you can just pick up a can of VHT paint and redo them yourself.

Westboro is a good group of people... they did a few recalls for me with no questions asked. My car is far from stock.
Old Nov 2, 2009, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
No offense, but let's call a spade a spade. Taking a modified car to the drag strip and then turning down the boost controller when you bring it in because heat has caused your calipers to discolor is not exactly on the up and up either.

kthnx
Mikie- spade or no spade....my car has never been to the drag strip nor reached a temp point where the paint would be discolored, and is not. Note: Clear coat peeling. Not caliper paint fade. This was stated in the claim ....either way, I am just "little bitter" as the rep denied a known problem with my car and said it wouldn't effect the value of the car. Only to have a salesman at the same dealership state me a $4k reduction in trade in value towards a new X because of the caliper finish. ****ing priceless <ends subject here>
Old Nov 2, 2009, 09:03 AM

Mikie- spade or no spade....my car has never been to the drag strip nor reached a temp point where the paint would be discolored, and is not. Note: Clear coat peeling. Not caliper paint fade. This was stated in the claim ....either way, I am just "little bitter" as the rep denied a known problem with my car and said it wouldn't effect the value of the car. Only to have a salesman at the same dealership state me a $4k reduction in trade in value towards a new X because of the caliper finish. ****ing priceless <ends subject here>
I agree. You got shafted worse than a $5 *****. The fact that Mitsu has arbitrary quotas of what they can fix and not fix, is bull****. Of course, if I was told what you were, I would have probably made a scene, then gone to Woburn to pick up Steve to make another bigger scene.....

Another reason to buy American. They fix anything. Last I checked, as long as I don't have 'a blower under the hood and a roll cage welded in' most everything is covered on the V. I quote that from the dealer exactly.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread