Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2007, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paul we'll be around shopping hit me up later
Old Dec 8, 2007, 09:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
paul we'll be around shopping hit me up later
will do buddy. i gotta wash the evo cuz shes filthy first. i am planning on going into the city later. i think atleast d3xt0r is coming, maybe more.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
He was talking about the evo 8/9 specific alky kit I have made.

I don't need megasquirt because of a few nice guys on here have given me the ability to utilize the stock ECU to take care of everything I basically needed with adjustable LOAD% on/off points, multiple failsafes, including alternate fuel maps and boost map switching if any failsafe is triggered. This system is designed using a single alcohol safe fuel injector (not for use with water) and is directly controlled by the same pulse width as the stock injectors so its always a perfect ratio of gas and alcohol injection. You can dial in the alcohol/gas ratio from 30-40% alky and the best part is....its ALWAYS that ratio! Not like the alky kits which aren't quite as exact as boost and rpms change. So far it has fuel pressure monitoring, fuel flow monitoring, protection if a system leak is detected and protection is the fluid reservoir becomes low.

We are currently working on a failsafe that hooks up to air/fuel monitoring from a wideband 5V linear output trigger (zeitronix has this for example) so if the system goes leaner than a desired level while over a specific boost level or throttle point the safer maps get triggered. When using 93 octane gas, the system will increase your effective AKI octane rating to 100 octane (R+M/2 method). Between the octane increase and cooler air intake temps from the injection process, this system has many advantages over a universal water/alky kit.

And it has a separate LED display panel that can be mounted on the steering column, dash, etc... which alerts you of any failsafe triggers (and which trigger it was), lets you know you are running on the safer fuel/ignition/boost maps and even has an audible alarm buzzer (except when its in the alternate maps because of a low fuel level in the reservoir).

If any of you guys in the RI/MASS/CT area and are interested in beta testing this setup, PM me for details.
Sounds pretty impressive Jaimie. I am certainly interested in alky, but never gave it too much serious thought. Might have to look into it a bit more now Do you have this on your car yet?
Old Dec 8, 2007, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

i know i'm in the wrong tread, but i'm looking for a 3" test pipe or hfc ASAP! post office (yea, thats usps) lost my test pipe. the pipe was going to a friend in NC, so he can swap out his and shipp his to me. that was 3 week ago. he never saw the pipe. call usps, they told me that they will call me back, no answer. i'm from lowell, ma. since we all live nearby, could someone help a brother out with a pipe or hfc. thanks in advance, MIKE
Old Dec 8, 2007, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

So we've just got back from our first snowboard lesson...we did a 3-hour session.

Kate did very well and we both had a blast. Right now, I are teh hurted.

You guys up for hanging out tonite? Gimme a call, we're just home, nursing MY wounds.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Marshall O
Sounds pretty impressive Jaimie. I am certainly interested in alky, but never gave it too much serious thought. Might have to look into it a bit more now Do you have this on your car yet?
Hey Marshall, long time no see! Well then, be the first to test it! lol. I don't have it on my car yet only because my clutch decided to crap out on me so that is my first financial speedbump. I do however have the entire control unit designed and built. By the next time we all head out to the DSM shootout, I will definitely have this on my car...and possibly more. I'll see if kevin is interested in it too, if he doesn't crash this evo,lol.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I'll see if kevin is interested in it too, if he doesn't crash this evo,lol.
Old Dec 8, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
yea i think i want it. how much is it?
sorry man....didn't see this post till after I left work. I will send you a copy of my invoice from greddy on monday....i will email you

....so I just finished watching 'superbad' and needless to say I pressed play again. The one liners don't end.So yeah....I am watching this again

"....Fogul, take your vest off. You look like Aladin."
Old Dec 9, 2007, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

/me is teh bored
Old Dec 9, 2007, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.nihoncar.com/review-478-X.html
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yay another disappointed review. Sorry i missed everyone this weekend. How's everyone doing?
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

NFS ProStreet=HOT! great game, got it Saturday night...you can all tune your car, see how it runs then duplicate it..in reality! I highly recommend the game

Sorry didnt call you back Saturday night Dave, we ended up seeing a movie, but now I gotta go buy superbad with all the hype!
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

Turco, are you in Southboro today? Lunch anyone?

We had a great weekend...though i am hurting more now than i've ever been in my life. Turco, your board is sweet, man...i really appreciate you letting me borrow the setup...everything was super-comfortable. I'll probably only need it for 1 or two more trips until I have enough loot to buy my own.

I will be getting clip-in bindings, though.

what's up for the week gents??
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hahaha clip ins lol. I think you might revert back to strap in. Everyone i know who had clip ins ended up hating them. I am glad the board did well. That is a pretty sick board. Once you go a couple more times we should do a trip.

I should be in southboro today but i have to be back at the office for 1 so if you want to meet up at like 11:30-12 we could grab a quick bite. let me know
Old Dec 10, 2007, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

but...clip ins=suck when it's cold, snowy or watery, cause at the summit=ice and sometimes problem getting them in...just my experience, I'll probably always stick with straps, more flexibility

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread