Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No one liked my lolcat
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Paul, just dont drill your bumper!
i have 0 plans too
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:18 AM
Evolving Member

turcos i think you will get mostly or totally off for showing up. did the cop actually do a decibel reading of the exhaust? if he didn't i dont think they charges for the exhaust can stick, no?

i'll ask my mom about this stuff, if she doesnt know she will know a cop she can ask that will. she is in law school
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah dude let me know what you can find out.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
No one liked my lolcat

I'll give you an A for effort....

but, cats that touch their private areas in their sleep give me nightmares
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:28 AM

After going through this and talking to a bunch of people (police officers, members of the AMA, etc), you aren't going to get off the charge because of a technicality. The law sucks but unfortunately it's the law. It's left to the discretion of the police officer who has probably heard a Nissan Sentra before and knows what it should or shouldn't sound like. I don't like how the laws are written - if it were up to me, there would be very simple limits for noise, pollution (no more CARB bull****), etc and it would be very black and white as to whether or not people met them. Of course, engineers aren't allowed to run things for just that reason

In any case, the fact of the matter IS that the car is louder than stock. If you put a stock exhaust back on it, bring an invoice and/or pictures to court and prove that the problem was fixed, then it should be dropped. it's a 'fix it' ticket, meaning that if the problem is fixed, then the ticket should be dropped, like if you get pulled over and you don't have your license. You will get a ticket, but if you provide proof that you were actually licensed, then the ticket is dropped.

Also, most police officers I've spoken to don't pull people over JUST for a loud exhaust. They usually find something else and then the exhaust is just another thing to write up- I'm guessing the inspection sticker was the main motivator here.

I got a ticket for a modified exhaust IN THE MAIL. I never got pulled over. I was on route 128 evidently, and I just received the summons in the mail. I fought it because that was just utter and complete laziness on the part of the police officer.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I'll give you an A for effort....

but, cats that touch their private areas in their sleep give me nightmares
I didn't think he was sleeping- I thought he was just in a super-elated state from the strokin' of the harbl......He was like
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

its called euphoria.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

i agree with u mikie thats its a fix it ticket. i think if turcos changes the exhaust it will definitely be dropped. but i disagree with an officer not having to measure the sound level. its too vague to just say "it sounded too loud".

what nite are we meeting this week?

on a seperate note i might be trading my extra BBS for an 05 evo viii enkei. i know im a psycho but it would make me feel better to know my rim is totally balanced. details of the deal are still to be determined and im waiting on pics. the kid has 2 rims and would "like" to get rid of both. i think if hes down for a straight 2-1 trade i'd do that but it seems unfair to him. i think the bbs is worth more than 1 enkei but not as much as 2 but it depends on the conditions of the rims.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Dec 11, 2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
can't do wednesday - my friend laura's b/f and my sister's birthday are both on wednesday, so were doing dinner that night.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
can't do wednesday - my friend laura's b/f and my sister's birthday are both on wednesday, so were doing dinner that night.
we obviously can't do a meet w/o the d3xt0rs... thurs sounds like a plan to this guy

my evo would feel naked and alone w/o another gg evo next to it...

Last edited by Paulnsx; Dec 11, 2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Wednesday is out for me too... Gotta be traveling... *ghey*
Old Dec 11, 2007, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i agree with u mikie thats its a fix it ticket. i think if turcos changes the exhaust it will definitely be dropped. but i disagree with an officer not having to measure the sound level. its too vague to just say "it sounded too loud".
Just to look at it from another side for a minute- you can't tell me that car sounds like a stock Sentra. It just doesn't. To be honest with you, I wish a state trooper was sitting out there at 11:00 at night- people rip up and down my block and it's really annoying.

Thursday works for me- anyone up for seeing I am Legend on Saturday? They have a 3PM showing in DLP in Framingham
Old Dec 11, 2007, 09:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dave does thursday work? Sentra is inspected
Old Dec 11, 2007, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
Just to look at it from another side for a minute- you can't tell me that car sounds like a stock Sentra. It just doesn't. To be honest with you, I wish a state trooper was sitting out there at 11:00 at night- people rip up and down my block and it's really annoying.

Thursday works for me- anyone up for seeing I am Legend on Saturday? They have a 3PM showing in DLP in Framingham
i havent heard the sentra. i could be down for i am legend... altho i think i might be in ri all day sat :-(

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread