Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2007, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the great pics Dave & Paul

I just found out yesterday that my bosses daughter was the hostess at the OG on Thursday night Maybe I could have gotten us tables earlier...
Old Jul 28, 2007, 11:55 PM

hey guys quick question...how do i get rid of that huge wheel gap in the front ? what's the cheapest way ? lowering springs ? will lowering springs be even low enough to get rid of that gap ?? info from you guys would be great...thanks !
Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EmperorEVOVIII
hey guys quick question...how do i get rid of that huge wheel gap in the front ? what's the cheapest way ? lowering springs ? will lowering springs be even low enough to get rid of that gap ?? info from you guys would be great...thanks !
yeah, springs are enough. the proper springs + an upgraded rear sway bar will also improve handling. Look for Swift springs...Hotchkis is also good but I don't think they make Evo springs anymore.

that's Hotchkis on the left (~1.5" front drop, ~1" rear drop) versus stock on the right.

again, here the silver one is on the Hotchkis, the Blue By You is stock
Old Jul 29, 2007, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

also, on mine (the white one with the lip) is dropped on swift sports... there is exactly 1.5" drop in the front, I measured before and after, and even with stock rims, makes a huge difference!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old Jul 29, 2007, 10:33 AM

Just a random update that the SBR FMIC is in along with the lower pipe

I should be ordering the exhaust this week...
Old Jul 29, 2007, 11:25 AM

thanks guys ! that info helps me alot,the pics were a great help too...i figured you guys had like coilovers because they looked pretty low.so i'll look for springs that give me a drop of 1.5 front and 1 rear...thanks again !
Old Jul 29, 2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Just a random update that the SBR FMIC is in along with the lower pipe

I should be ordering the exhaust this week...
That IC will look very sweet. Seen it on a Evo at a show a while back and fill in very nicely...plus I heard with few bolt ons you can get #'s from it. Can't wait to see it on your ride.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

How's weds sound for the meet this week? What do people think about doing it a little earlier? Maybe 630? Any ideas where we should meet?

FYI, put my UK Evo IX badge on this weekend, and it looks sweeet I'll post a pic tonight hopefully.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
How's weds sound for the meet this week? What do people think about doing it a little earlier? Maybe 630? Any ideas where we should meet?

FYI, put my UK Evo IX badge on this weekend, and it looks sweeet I'll post a pic tonight hopefully.
I am cool with 6:30, but I am not sure how that is going to work out for people that are from further out like Boston and the guy from CT that posted a bit earlier.

Like I mentioned last week, I got an idea if people want to meet in Marlborough.

I can toss out some other ideas for other towns around the 'boroughs too.

Also, K&N drop-in in. Pics up later. Oh wait... :P
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by st3alth5
I am cool with 6:30, but I am not sure how that is going to work out for people that are from further out like Boston and the guy from CT that posted a bit earlier.

Like I mentioned last week, I got an idea if people want to meet in Marlborough.

I can toss out some other ideas for other towns around the 'boroughs too.

Also, K&N drop-in in. Pics up later. Oh wait... :P

What are you thinking about for Marlborough? Wednesday or Thursday at 7 or 6:30 would work OK for me, but I, too, am close by.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
What are you thinking about for Marlborough? Wednesday or Thursday at 7 or 6:30 would work OK for me, but I, too, am close by.
It is further off from the highway, but I think it would be worth it. I was thinking of the Chinese buffet in the Staples plaza. That lot tends to have a ton of empty parking spaces, so fitting all of us in should not be as claustrophobic as it was at the Olive Garden.

And if people are not feeling the Chinese food, Ruby Tuesday's is right there too. Though, they are not really set up to seat large groups from what I have seen all the times I have eaten there.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:32 AM

looks fun hopefully i can make it to one of these meets, would love to get to know other evo owners....question to whomever .... does anyone know a great place to get the evo tuned ...

Last edited by beyond1; Jul 30, 2007 at 07:36 AM.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by st3alth5
It is further off from the highway, but I think it would be worth it. I was thinking of the Chinese buffet in the Staples plaza. That lot tends to have a ton of empty parking spaces, so fitting all of us in should not be as claustrophobic as it was at the Olive Garden.

And if people are not feeling the Chinese food, Ruby Tuesday's is right there too. Though, they are not really set up to seat large groups from what I have seen all the times I have eaten there.

Yeah, that'd be pretty good. Also, a bit further down and slightly into Sudbury is an old mill and wedding chapel...they're both pretty good places to take pictures if and when people are interested.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by beyond1
looks fun hopefully i can make it to one of these meets, would love to get to know other evo owners....question to whomever .... does anyone know a great place to get the evo tuned ...
www.dentsport.com
Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by beyond1
dentsport garage for sure.

I think we should keep it at 7:00ish if thats alright with everybody else.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread