Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
it's a little on the hoppy side for me, but not too bad. my favorite is dogfishhead midas touch. it's a PITA to find though....i need to pick me up a case.
There's a cool pub we hit right down teh street here in downtown Manch that has said dogfishhead on tap. Not sure if its midas touch though. But, I am a huge fan of hoppy ales. Why? Its the gay in my i guess. But have you tried (its new) Stone Pale Ale? I bought a six pack last saturday night. One of teh best I have had so far. And not too hoppy at all. Downfall is $10.99 for a six'r...but def worth it. My next favorite is Rogue Dead Guy Ale

....and for you red wine drinkers out there.....there is a new Australian Shiraz out called Layer Cake. It was just released in NH. It mighty tasty
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
you'll see....
im gunna go with whatever you need 1200's for MUST be f*cking sweet!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:08 AM

i actually had a 'la fin du monde' the other night. that thing was tasty. knocked me on my *** though.

i'll have to try to the stone pale ale next time i'm in the beer store. if it's any consolation, the midas is even more expensive- it's over $70 for a case. then again, it's 9% alcohol, so two or three of them should do you just fine....

maybe we need a trip to manch vegas. sunsset bar and grille in alston had the midas touch on draft for a while, but i've never seen it anywhere else. i'm sure a keg of the stuff must be uberexpensive.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:13 AM
Evolving Member

maybe we need a trip to manch vegas. sunsset bar and grille in alston
sat nite big guy... d3xt0r and i will be getting some more dudes... err i mean females digits with sweet pickup lines pertaining to evos

hey baby, you ever been wound up to 100,000 rpm?

Last edited by Paulnsx; Dec 21, 2007 at 10:16 AM.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:18 AM

that's my pickup line. i'll cut you if you steal it.

i have the highest rev limit here. if someone wants to challenge me, i'll crank it to 9k just to spite you :P
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

My rev limit's set at 8300....not sure what you've got mikie...but i'm no b!tch like these boys...with their 7xxx limits.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Guys...are you down for tonite, still? Paul S is coming out, too! W00t!

Marshall?? Greg?? Randy?? Where are you guys?

I can do Wednesday for NYC/White Castle but I really don't want to stay past Thursday afternoon down there. Lemme know what you fools decide.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

i actually had a 'la fin du monde' the other night. that thing was tasty. knocked me on my *** though.

i'll have to try to the stone pale ale next time i'm in the beer store. if it's any consolation, the midas is even more expensive- it's over $70 for a case. then again, it's 9% alcohol, so two or three of them should do you just fine....

maybe we need a trip to manch vegas. sunsset bar and grille in alston had the midas touch on draft for a while, but i've never seen it anywhere else. i'm sure a keg of the stuff must be uberexpensive.
If you ever hit a place that carries it, Stone Ale Brewnation (its diff from the Stone Pale Ale I bought) is an on tap only, is also 9%. Its pretty sweet stuff. And yes, 3 of those = good for a strong buzz As for a trip up her...there is a bunch of cool places for good pints. And all in walking distance! Let me know when you crazy gents wanna come up. It will have to be after Elesha is 100%. Hopefully just after New Years (fingers crossed) And btw...Turc, Paul and Dex, I have a bunch of gay friends. I will def hook you guys up when you get here

We could always have a meet at the RedHook Brewery. Take the tour for $1 and you get about 3 pints for free during the taste session while the tour guy explains the differences, and brewing techniques. And then we can hit the bar there. And the food there is good too. I'm down for a trip out there. If its boring, than there are a ton of cool places in Portsmouth too.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

i'll call u later dave. most likely im going to come by after donig the logan/ri trek with sam... oooo i cant wait... maybe we can leave early weds and come back thurs?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
And btw...Turc, Paul and Dex, I have a bunch of gay friends. I will def hook you guys up when you get here
hahahaha

no single attractive friends of the female variety?

i can put on a good straight front!

i'd be down for headin to nh one night. def let us know!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
If you ever hit a place that carries it, Stone Ale Brewnation (its diff from the Stone Pale Ale I bought) is an on tap only, is also 9%. Its pretty sweet stuff. And yes, 3 of those = good for a strong buzz As for a trip up her...there is a bunch of cool places for good pints. Let me know when you crazy gents wanna come up. It will have to be after Elesha is 100%. Hopefully just after New Years (fingers crossed) And btw...Turc, Paul and Dex, I have a bunch of gay friends. I will def hook you guys up when you get here

We could always have a meet at the RedHook Brewery. Take the tour for $1 and you get about 3 pints for free during the taste session while the tour guy explains the differences, and brewing techniques. And then we can hit the bar there. And the food there is good too. I'm down for a trip out there. If its boring, than there are a ton of cool places in Portsmouth too.
if you go with me and turco, you get more than 3 pints there was a subaru trip up there and someone actually posted in the thread 'who were those *******s that kept drinking all the beer and passing back the empty pitchers?' THESE GUYS! That's who.

There is a liquor warehouse near me that has EVERYTHING. I need to see if they have the SPA now. I'm intrigued.

Dave- My rev limit is 8500 and I try to make a trip up there as often as possible . I could safely run 9000, but the cam efficiency drops off pretty hard up there. The valvetrain will support it just fine though.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
hahahaha

no single attractive friends of the breathing variety?
isn't that what you really meant?
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Dave- My rev limit is 8500 and I try to make a trip up there as often as possible . I could safely run 9000, but the cam efficiency drops off pretty hard up there. The valvetrain will support it just fine though.

ay, you have more guts than me, man....i've only wound it out a handful of times.

i understand you wind it out every night, and every morning, and twice in the afternoon....and sometimes at work in teh bathrooms. gross.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
ay, you have more guts than me, man....i've only wound it out a handful of times.

i understand you wind it out every night, and every morning, and twice in the afternoon....and sometimes at work in teh bathrooms. gross.
not at work and usually more than once in the morning. some days i just don't want to get out of bed.

who is the soda can shaking champ? THIS GUY!
Old Dec 21, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed

Zing!

EDIT: is it sad that as i listen to prayer of the refugee i can see the guitar queero notes flying towards me?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread