Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I would say that an 18" volk compared to an 18" OEM designed enkei is a better wheel.
I def agree. Mass produced Enkei OEM wheel <Volk. I am on head meds right now. I am teh sick, and on a large dosage of gayquil today
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I def agree. Mass produced Enkei OEM wheel <Volk. I am on head meds right now. I am teh sick, and on a large dosage of gayquil today
Dude Gayquil is what PaulTypeR uses to get his men raptured in his rockband fantasies (with the backstage passes to follow) from the clubs.., that stuff is the Sh*t!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
everyone here at work (including me) has a cold, and my buddy ryan called in sick (what a pansy) i am also on the dayquil. all the drinking and sleepless nights really took a toll on my immune system. was in bed all day yesterday...
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Dude Gayquil is what PaulTypeR uses to get his men raptured in his rockband fantasies (with the backstage passes to follow) from the clubs.., that stuff is the Sh*t!
you mean it's not normal to poop pancakes after playing rock band? i didn't see anything in the instructions about it and i got somewhat suspicious....

check this out:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/02/o...rst-time-ever/

lean burn FTmfW!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
everyone here at work (including me) has a cold, and my buddy ryan called in sick (what a pansy) i am also on the dayquil. all the drinking and sleepless nights really took a toll on my immune system. was in bed all day yesterday...
that sucks. i had a cold for like 2 weeks. it just wouldn't go away. i even tried bourbon which usually clears everything up.

feel better, dext0r! we need you back as the sexy drumming machine that you are!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
you mean it's not normal to poop pancakes after playing rock band? i didn't see anything in the instructions about it and i got somewhat suspicious....

check this out:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/02/o...rst-time-ever/

lean burn FTmfW!
reading up on lean burn. looks like standard cats and lean-burn don't mix well.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:03 PM

reading up on lean burn. looks like standard cats and lean-burn don't mix well.
my understanding was that they didn't work very efficiently. i think cats help reduce HC emissions by burning unburnt fuel, but lean burn will increase NOx. i have a metal substrate cat and i haven't seen it melt yet

i know there were some older hondas that ran leaner the stoich from the factory. i wonder what they did for cats. i will have to read up a bit later. i've read some interesting stuff on gassavers, and a few scientific articles here and there but have yet to find anything really substantial.

let's add it to the list of things to work on.....
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I felt awesome monday until I was leaving work. I sneezed, and it was one of those that makes you feel like your head was going to explode. Spent new years on the couch. Elesha is still sick in bed. Samantha is sick, and I still am. The whole frikkin house!! What a horrible holiday season it has been for us. We never made to my parents to meet up with the family, nor my brothers b-day party, nor get to our friends new years house party, nor got to enjoy the oh'so'delicious MOET White Star p-diddy juice at the ball drop. Yesterday, my living room looked like teh morgue, with random moments of me getting up to let the dogs out.

boo frikkidy hoo!!! (i'm done whinning for teh moment)
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

my understanding was that they didn't work very efficiently. i think cats help reduce HC emissions by burning unburnt fuel, but lean burn will increase NOx. i have a metal substrate cat and i haven't seen it melt yet

i know there were some older hondas that ran leaner the stoich from the factory. i wonder what they did for cats. i will have to read up a bit later. i've read some interesting stuff on gassavers, and a few scientific articles here and there but have yet to find anything really substantial.

let's add it to the list of things to work on.....
yeah thats my new years resolutions, is to finish some projects. self imposed deadline for the road dyno code should be end of the month. then we can start on the wb02.

mikie what open loop A/F do you target? i was reading on nasioc that some guys shoot for 16:1 and gain about 2-4 mpg. any more than that and you start losing power. enough to negate the gains.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:19 PM

it's kind of funny how it works- the car idles around 15.5:1 but at cruise, it's closer to 15.2:1. i'll eventually try a little leaner and see how it goes. the other thing people forget is that flame propagation speed is slower when you lean it out past stoich, so you actually need MORE timing to keep cylinder pressures up.

i haven't had too much time to mess with it- so far, on the last two tanks of gas, with mostly highway i've gotten ~23-24 mpg. not too shabby. i need to put my under tray back on too- i think that will help a bit.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

see all you losers tomorrow. my friend laura is having a rockband party tonight! this stuff is off the hook.
Old Jan 2, 2008, 02:03 PM

see all you losers tomorrow. my friend laura is having a rockband party tonight! this stuff is off the hook.
is she cute? does she dig singers?
Old Jan 2, 2008, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

is she cute? does she dig singers with tiny *******?
fixed.

just like mike
Old Jan 2, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

wow d3xt0r... your cheating on me and i dont get an invite!!! i see how it is!
Old Jan 2, 2008, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone NOT driving their Evo to the Woo? I am considering taking the exploder for safety reasons...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread