Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
yes it is, crazy...Just gives me a reason to upgrade! Lol, even though I dont need to..thinking about ordering my Nisei intercooler and piping earlier than usual!
Haha my buddy keeps telling me to pray for things to break so i HAVE to replace them faster. Look forward to seeing your car, since it is the same one i am getting
Old Aug 6, 2007, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha, yea...if you come to the next meet you'll see.... it's also on here in this thread like around page 25 or something...it's the WW one with the ralliart lip and decal on the hood..
Old Aug 6, 2007, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
haha, yea...if you come to the next meet you'll see.... it's also on here in this thread like around page 25 or something...it's the WW one with the ralliart lip and decal on the hood..
*cough*ricer*cough*

JK!! The car does look awesome, and is certainly unique!

My SBR FMIC was extremely easy to install. All that needed to be trimmed was about an inch and half of plastic shroud on each side for the mounts. The lower pipe is a huge upgrade in itself!

Here is a crappy cell pick of the two:

Worcester/Boston Social Thread-lower-pipe1.jpg

And a front few of the FMIC's (SBR in front of course):

Worcester/Boston Social Thread-sbr-fmic1.jpg

And finally one from the side:

Worcester/Boston Social Thread-sbr-fmic2.jpg
Old Aug 6, 2007, 10:10 PM
Account Disabled

Boston Tunning !!!!!!!!!

I Am New To The Area Looking For Some One To Install A Staged Kit I Ordered Where Is The Best Place To Take My Car.......
Old Aug 7, 2007, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mantosride
I Am New To The Area Looking For Some One To Install A Staged Kit I Ordered Where Is The Best Place To Take My Car.......
DSG-Dent Sport Garage

Norwood,MA
Old Aug 7, 2007, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

yeah bring it DSG dentsport garage. check my sig for their website good luck!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:03 AM
Evolving Member

Nice big IC Marshall!

mantosride: DSG is the new place to be at... unless you want to try to install your stuff on your own.

Seriously, why don't you do it.. you can learn along the way! Or convince someone with cash and beer to help you hehe. The good 'ol days...
Old Aug 7, 2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by rice_rocket88
Nice big IC Marshall!

mantosride: DSG is the new place to be at... unless you want to try to install your stuff on your own.

Seriously, why don't you do it.. you can learn along the way! Or convince someone with cash and beer to help you hehe. The good 'ol days...
That is exactly what I was going to say! The only case I see fit to have a shop do basic work is when A: You are loaded with more money than you know what to spend B: You have already stripped the car down and can build it back up with your eyes close and C: You have no time. Actually if 2 of those are true I guess it's ok. But other than that, why pay money to have a shop do work that even a novice can do? When I bought my first GSX, I really knew nothing about cars. not even how to change the oil! But then I needed a clutch, so I parked it in my dad's garage, pulled the motor (as well as every other mechanical part), replaced the clutch, flywheel, head, intake manifold, all intake piping, intercooler, turbo, exhaust manifold and full exhaust, fuel injectors, pump, regulator, all gauges, every suspension component (at least in the fronts), brakes all around, gauges, ECU, new timing belt, oil pump, removed balance shafts, etc, etc. I really had no idea what I was doing before I started, but took my time and ended up having the car start and run on first attempt.

Point is, not knowing what you are doing is no excuse. Anyone that plans on modding, or already has modded their car needs to know how to fix things when they brake (because they will!). While I think the guys at places like DSG can do great work, I feel that they should be more of a last resort or as I mentioned above. I don't know which staged kit you ordered, but unless you ordered cams or anything, there is really nothing that even a beginner could not handle. Even cams can be done by a novice, I would just recommend having supervision from someone who has done them on that type of vehicle.

And...I'm spent!
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
That is exactly what I was going to say! The only case I see fit to have a shop do basic work is when A: You are loaded with more money than you know what to spend B: You have already stripped the car down and can build it back up with your eyes close and C: You have no time. Actually if 2 of those are true I guess it's ok. But other than that, why pay money to have a shop do work that even a novice can do? When I bought my first GSX, I really knew nothing about cars. not even how to change the oil! But then I needed a clutch, so I parked it in my dad's garage, pulled the motor (as well as every other mechanical part), replaced the clutch, flywheel, head, intake manifold, all intake piping, intercooler, turbo, exhaust manifold and full exhaust, fuel injectors, pump, regulator, all gauges, every suspension component (at least in the fronts), brakes all around, gauges, ECU, new timing belt, oil pump, removed balance shafts, etc, etc. I really had no idea what I was doing before I started, but took my time and ended up having the car start and run on first attempt.

Point is, not knowing what you are doing is no excuse. Anyone that plans on modding, or already has modded their car needs to know how to fix things when they brake (because they will!). While I think the guys at places like DSG can do great work, I feel that they should be more of a last resort or as I mentioned above. I don't know which staged kit you ordered, but unless you ordered cams or anything, there is really nothing that even a beginner could not handle. Even cams can be done by a novice, I would just recommend having supervision from someone who has done them on that type of vehicle.

And...I'm spent!
D: you have no tools or place to work on the car
E: the car is your DD and you have no experience doing anything

im sure if he had a desire to do the work himself he would...

its also nice to have the piece of mind of having a reputable shop work on your car that is worth 20k-30k... we aren't talking about 95 civic hatchs here that are worth about the same as what comes outta my *** every morning after my dunkins iced coffee (and yet i still love them sooo much hahaha)

Last edited by Paulnsx; Aug 7, 2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
D: you have no tools or place to work on the car
E: the car is your DD and you have no experience doing anything

im sure if he had a desire to do the work himself he would...

its also nice to have the piece of mind of having a reputable shop work on your car that is worth 20k-30k... we aren't talking about 95 civic hatchs here that are worth about the same as what comes outta my *** every morning after my dunkins iced coffee (and yet i still love them sooo much hahaha)
The fact that the car is your daily gives you all the more motivation to learn and get it done, but it can also add to the frustration in a hurry! That is when it helps to have a few, maybe more experienced friends around.

But working on cars (especially the more expensive ones) isn't for everyone. Me? I like to get me hands dirty and figure it out.

Edit: Hey Paul! What about having a meet somewhere (maybe DentSport can sponsor it) and doing this kid's car up lovely?

Last edited by Evo_Matt; Aug 7, 2007 at 10:31 AM.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:38 AM

OR you could get to know us and talk one of us into having a garage day. Experienced people, at least one set of extra hands, and you get to learn stuff at the same time.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Thursday August 9th we should be cruising to dairy queen to buy a blizzard cause all proceeds go to Childrens Miracle Network
Old Aug 7, 2007, 11:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by st3alth5
OR you could get to know us and talk one of us into having a garage day. Experienced people, at least one set of extra hands, and you get to learn stuff at the same time.
Yeah that was more along the lines of what I was getting at. Have us get together and help him out and maybe Dentsport would be cool with using their zone....
Old Aug 7, 2007, 12:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo_Matt
Yeah that was more along the lines of what I was getting at. Have us get together and help him out and maybe Dentsport would be cool with using their zone....
Not likely. Some of us have the facilities to do all of this work and most of us have already done it ourselves. Come out to a few meets, let us know what you've got and maybe at our next (first?) garage day we can work together to help you through the install.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Derek thats a dope idea im down.

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
Thursday August 9th we should be cruising to dairy queen to buy a blizzard cause all proceeds go to Childrens Miracle Network

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread