Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jack_of_Trades
I run the exact same setup that Marshall does and my Megan DP rests against the oilpan. I had to drop it and wrap it with heat wrap to stop some phantom knock issues I was having. This spring I'll make a spacer between the O2 housing and the DP to create a gap under the oilpan.

Also I use an anti-fouler adapter on my rear O2 sensor on their hi-flow cat but the bung is welded at about 4o'clock on the exhaust pipe so you can see my O2 sensor sticking down from under the car. One unfortunate bit of debris and that sucker is gonna get creamed. Not sure about the placement on their test pipe. Otherwise...its great,lol.
Megan has 2 downpipes. They knew about the fitment issues and redesigned it without the flex section and a cast iron first bend welded to stainless steel. you probably have the older version, and since marshall just got his, i'm hoping he got the one redesigned to fit the IXs. i have not heard any complaints or fitment issues on the new redesigned downpipe, only good things. still not sure how i feel about the first bend though, and i prefered a flex section + the stock spring bolts. i do not believe the megan tp works with stock spring bolts.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Jan 11, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dexmix
Megan has 2 downpipes. They knew about the fitment issues and redesigned it without the flex section and a cast iron first bend welded to stainless steel. you probably have the older version, and since marshall just got his, i'm hoping he got the one redesigned to fit the IXs.
Whoa really? I want to see more pics of the megan with cast iron front section. That pic you posted before definitely was all SS.

Edit never mind found some, dex, i think i might also get this one and the cobb HFC.:

Last edited by MR Turco; Jan 11, 2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There was much discussion about the TTP line of products about a year ago before they started carrying the Megan Line. The "explanation" was that they use the same manufacturer but if you bought parts from them around this same time you could clearly see where the Megan Racing badge use to be. Regardless...TTP/Megan do indeed have the best bang for your buck products and with the latest models they carry there are no fitment issues whatsoever. I bought the "TTP" brand and am very satisfied.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Dave post pics of the wheels matt was looking at. Here were the ones i was talking about. SO delicious:
Here's what I'm looking at...I'm so indecisive, I change my mind like every few days.

Originally I was looking at 5Zigen FN01R-C's in 18x9.5 or 17x10 +25:

Then I was thinking of Enkei RPF1's in 18x9.5 +15 with the Super Brilliant Coating (SBC):

Lately I've been looking at these...Enkei RP03 18x10 (that's right) +22 in SBC:

Or maybe Gravity Gullflames 18x9.5 +15 or +25:

^ I'm not a huge fan of Evo wagons, but that is hott!!! (Those are what the Gullflames look like rolling).
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:39 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Matt , my vote is for the 5Zigen FN01R-C's or Gravity Gullflames.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Enkei RPF1's in 18x9.5 +15 with the Super Brilliant Coating (SBC)
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Gullflames, or RP03...

how's that for helping you to decide?!?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 11:56 AM
Evolved Member

Marshall's coming tonite... whoelse?

Dave +3
Marshall

-------------------------------
Paul + Ivone?
Paul + Dex?
Bueller?
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

RP03!!!! except... how do you plan on running such a ridiculously wide wheel?

edit: dave i should be down/up.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Or you could run both the RP03 and the RPF1s like this guy.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
Megan has 2 downpipes. They knew about the fitment issues and redesigned it without the flex section and a cast iron first bend welded to stainless steel. you probably have the older version, and since marshall just got his, i'm hoping he got the one redesigned to fit the IXs. i have not heard any complaints or fitment issues on the new redesigned downpipe, only good things. still not sure how i feel about the first bend though, and i prefered a flex section + the stock spring bolts. i do not believe the megan tp works with stock spring bolts.
Dexmix, you are correct my friend I have the redesigned dp with no flex section. Fitment could not have been better for the entire exhaust (O2 housing back took like 30 minutes total including raising and lowering car ). There stuff is so cheap (I got the O2 housing, dp, cat-back, & test pipe with all hardware and gaskets for $580 shipped) unless you have cash lying around, why spend twice as much (or more) when you may not even seen a performance gain?

I highly recommend their products
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Marshall O
Dexmix, you are correct my friend I have the redesigned dp with no flex section. Fitment could not have been better for the entire exhaust (O2 housing back took like 30 minutes total including raising and lowering car ). There stuff is so cheap (I got the O2 housing, dp, cat-back, & test pipe with all hardware and gaskets for $580 shipped) unless you have cash lying around, why spend twice as much (or more) when you may not even seen a performance gain?

I highly recommend their products
honestly, considering price, i don't think i can afford not get the Megan DP.

Gruppe-S does have the Helix v2 for 199 shipped. not sure how long that is going to last, but so far that is the only other one i am considering.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dex if you want to order it through Zeus I will put in for a DP and we can ship them together.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Dex if you want to order it through Zeus I will put in for a DP and we can ship them together.
who is zeus and how cheap can he get me a dp? if its 160 shipped im in.
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:01 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered my Megan cat back from Zeuz, probably the best prices on Megan anything

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread