Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2008, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
Shenanigans?

Mikie check this out! Click on daily log.
http://www.framinghampd.org/
Is this their way of getting more money to the state or town office? Sounds like they are going way out of their way to set up bar tenders in said locations. They are really going out on a limb here. But not carying any identification...???...I understand the measures of minimizing the younger to drink, and then drive or what not, but good lord. Talk about a waste of resources

I would think there are "bigger fish to fry" than to set up these "liquor establishments."so gay.

Teh best drinking I ever did was underage
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
I have never have a good meal at ruby tuesday...they chronically overcook their burgers...funny that a 'burger' place sucks so hard at making them...

I don't ming giving them another try, though...is there one in framingham or are we considering the one in westboro?
the one near me will make em rare if you ask.

usually i go with medium and get a nice pink center.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:14 AM

Shenanigans?

Mikie check this out! Click on daily log.
http://www.framinghampd.org/
check it out: the people across the street have 'undesireables'

00:24 UNDESIRABLE: 38 BURDETTE AV (REMOVED) 951: VIZAKIS
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:21 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
??? I wonder what Undesirables means? I wonder if they are talking about when the jeep was parked there lol.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Dave are you bringing calendars?

Calendars are in the car...where is the Ruby's in Framingham on 9? the one is Westboro's on 9 too, so i was confuzzled.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:36 AM

there is a whole foods, staples, and liquor depot in the same shopping plaza. it's the westbound side or rte 9, just west of rte 126. i can vouch for the food being good at this one. i've never tried the one in westboro.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 08:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
there is a whole foods, staples, and liquor depot in the same shopping plaza. it's the westbound side or rte 9, just west of rte 126. i can vouch for the food being good at this one. i've never tried the one in westboro.
Its literally right next to Trader Joe's. I also can attest that the burgers have never been over cooked at this one. The staff is usually pretty fugly though.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:05 AM

Its literally right next to Trader Joe's. I also can attest that the burgers have never been over cooked at this one. The staff is usually pretty fugly though.
they are but they are usually prompt and courteous. there are some nice underage hostesses that work during the week.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

The staff is usually pretty fugly though.
Haha...you want wrentham then.

The one we're talking about going to is the one right across from ski market on 9 right?
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by LITHIUM13
Haha...you want wrentham then.

The one we're talking about going to is the one right across from ski market on 9 right?
ya- that's the one.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mikie. i found some code for a digital PID. This guy makes it seem like childs play.

linky

edit: i've always had a hunch that because the LC-1 is so fast, is why it's so susceptible to noise, and bad grounding.

After reading the article, now i know exactly why. A think a high gain on the integral term of the PID reduces latency by a lot, but also amplifies all noise.
I feel the PLX SM-AFR, may be a much better design, because even though they also use completely digital PID, they also use a good amount of decoupling capacitors, and stress how important it is to filter out electrical noise. they have good size filter Caps on power and all I/O. Both innovate and PLX stress that the module needs to be physically close to the Sensor, but only PLX suggests adding more decoupling caps.

if PLX had a more openly documented digital output, I would just buy one of theirs. The lack of logging support is a deal breaker.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Jan 15, 2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dex we should definitely make the gauge so we can log it and display it on an LED display small enough to fit in the lancer pod of the gauge cluster.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:29 AM

doesn't a high integral gain also make it susceptible to integral windup and subsequent overshooting as well?

the plx are very nice devices. i've used them and if they weren't so much more money than the AEM, i would consider. the additional features are things that i probably wouldn't use that much.

so when do you want to start working on this?

Originally Posted by dexmix
mikie. i found some code for a digital PID. This guy makes it seem like childs play.

linky

edit: i've always had a hunch that because the LC-1 is so fast, is why it's so susceptible to noise, and bad grounding.

After reading the article, now i know exactly why. A think a high gain on the integral term of the PID reduces latency by a lot, but also amplifies all noise.
I feel the PLX SM-AFR, may be a much better design, because even though they also use completely digital PID, they also use a good amount of decoupling capacitors, and stress how important it is to filter out electrical noise. they have good size filter Caps on power and all I/O. Both innovate and PLX stress that the module needs to be physically close to the Sensor, but only PLX suggests adding more decoupling caps.

if PLX had a more openly documented digital output, I would just buy one of theirs. The lack of logging support is a deal breaker.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Mikie there is a thread about how the evo will advance timing when lack of knock like the suby. See we are almost brothers in arms.
Old Jan 15, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dex we should definitely make the gauge so we can log it and display it on an LED display small enough to fit in the lancer pod of the gauge cluster.
If i go through with developing a WB, i feel like i could get a working prototype done in about 6 months time, maybe less if i were to dedicate more time to it. So far it looks like if i fabbed up a first revision of the product, i'm thinking it might cost me about 40$ a piece, not including the sensor, and not including the time it would take me to solder program etc. so roughly $110 for a logging WB controller prototype without a gauge. I'll front the cash to make about 10 units. and then after that I can work on a gauge. I have a ton of ideas on what i want out of a gauge, because i feel innovate dropped the ball on that one. either that or they just care more about money - surprise.

looks like Embedded.com is my new favorite website.
Tutorial: Improving the transient immunity of your microcontroller-based embedded design - Part 1 "The transient immunity issues in automotive electronics applications are also similar to consumer electronics applications except for being powered by DC mains. This is because automobiles contain numerous switching inductive loads (alternator, compressor, solenoids, etc) that put transients on the DC mains. In addition, automotive applications are becoming increasing concerned with ESD."

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread