Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my rca connectors got delivered. i know what i'm doing tonight!!!!!!!

turco- you got any new netflix movies?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i just sent them back today. I should have new ones for wednesday. Shoot 'em up and rush hour three are at the top. I also should be getting the documentary Maxed Out talking about America's credit addiction. Intervention ideas for my friends lol.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
i just sent them back today. I should have new ones for wednesday. Shoot 'em up and rush hour three are at the top. I also should be getting the documentary Maxed Out talking about America's credit addiction. Intervention ideas for my friends lol.
i can't wait to see maxed out. at least i could pay off my debt if i wanted to.....
Old Jan 21, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I love people with maxed out credit. That way I can give them a loan to pay it all off. lol
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

some interesting stuff I have learned. Lots of different ways to do this flat/satin/matte black paint job.
Some have had great luck with Krylon Rust Tough Semi Gloss black. (I really like how that looks)
Others use Rustoleum

With single stage (use of a gun) paint jobs there is Hot Rod Flatz from tcpglobal.com (seems to be a very good way of getting a pro looking job)

Then there is HOK and PPG paints which is a 2 stage base/clear (the clear is the only difference from other paint jobs, in which it has % a flattener in it)

like Paul said decision decisions....

edit: forgot to mention others have had luck with John Deere paint. Yes tractor paint. seems to be very durable and looks pretty good too.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:12 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow it looks like you have some options.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:13 PM

tractor paint sounds hicked.

i like it

Originally Posted by 1slowevo
some interesting stuff I have learned. Lots of different ways to do this flat/satin/matte black paint job.
Some have had great luck with Krylon Rust Tough Semi Gloss black. (I really like how that looks)
Others use Rustoleum

With single stage (use of a gun) paint jobs there is Hot Rod Flatz from tcpglobal.com (seems to be a very good way of getting a pro looking job)

Then there is HOK and PPG paints which is a 2 stage base/clear (the clear is the only difference from other paint jobs, in which it has % a flattener in it)

like Paul said decision decisions....

edit: forgot to mention others have had luck with John Deere paint. Yes tractor paint. seems to be very durable and looks pretty good too.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here's a quote from KevinD, which TTP-Engineering backed up regarding the AEM UEGO:

"the AEM UEGO is worthless because it does nothing but display AFR on a gauge. and it does that poorly. the gauge seems to have a very high latency from my experience with it (i've compared them directly against zeitronx, innovative, and widebands on a dyno). also out of the box it cannot even data log with a PC which is one of the biggest reasons for getting a wideband."
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

innovative XD-16 w/ LC-1 FTW!!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by anjapower
innovative XD-16 w/ LC-1 FTW!!
innovative is a piece of ****.

mine worked about 3 times and now i can't connect to it at all anymore. look on innovative's forums and every other thread is complaining about how their wb died. my aem works like a charm. i haven't noticed any latency at all.

as far as data logging goes you can log using hyperterminal or similar with the rs232 connection, so i'm not sure what that was about. just because they don't give you software to explicitly do it doesn't mean it doesn't work.

let me reiterate- innovative is a piece of ****.

thanks

mike
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:30 PM
Evolved Member

hahah, careful lobbing Innovate bombs around Mikie... he'll learn you about them real quick!

Edit: Oh gosh, he beat me to it....I tried to warn you!

Last edited by avengerhed; Jan 21, 2008 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Mikie is a ninja-poster
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie

let me reiterate- innovative is a piece of ****.

thanks

mike
My innovative has been nothing but a dream to use

Hella short latencies FTW
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
hahah, careful lobbing Innovate bombs around Mikie... he'll learn you about them real quick!

Edit: Oh gosh, he beat me to it....I tried to warn you!
I'm an Innovative fanboi so it will even the scales

Dave, you still on stock clutch? How many miles? Just about to turn 31k on the stocker with roughly the same mods as you. Wondering if it will be wise to go alky (torque) on the stocker
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by anjapower
Here's a quote from KevinD, which TTP-Engineering backed up regarding the AEM UEGO:

"the AEM UEGO is worthless because it does nothing but display AFR on a gauge. and it does that poorly. the gauge seems to have a very high latency from my experience with it (i've compared them directly against zeitronx, innovative, and widebands on a dyno). also out of the box it cannot even data log with a PC which is one of the biggest reasons for getting a wideband."
1) All gauges have high latency. thats just how LCD displays work. fast latencies make it much harder to read a gauge. you don't tune from a gauge, and the gauge doesnt affect the logging latency.

2) i'm pretty sure most of us can handle wiring up a serial cable. most of us have electronics/engineering degrees.

so for $20 over the price of an LC-1 i get a gauge too.
I'm sure TTP would argue it because they are gungho about the Zeitronix.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
1) All gauges have high latency. thats just how LCD displays work. fast latencies make it much harder to read a gauge. you don't tune from a gauge, and the gauge doesnt affect the logging latency.

2) i'm pretty sure most of us can handle wiring up a serial cable. most of us have electronics/engineering degrees.

so for $20 over the price of an LC-1 i get a gauge too.
I'm sure TTP would argue it because they are gungho about the Zeitronix.
zeitronix are awesome unites. they are just expensive. same with the plx.

i've tuned dozens of cars using the gauge on my aem. i <3 my AEM. AEM doesn't require you to use stupid heat sinks or claim that your sensor died because it was too close to your turbo when it is clearly a fault in their ****ty design (*ahem another wideband mentioned in this thread*). the AEM has seen high temps (i don't have a problem with seeing 1700 degrees at the exhaust ports) and still hasn't given up on me.

Last edited by crazymikie; Jan 21, 2008 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread