Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Nothing wrong with that.

But not spending money on teh car for mods...there is something wrong with that
tim is the prince of p0wnage
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Tim, I hoped they packed the lip well, Bax sucks at handling fragile stuff, in my experience....but in the end the package was still fine
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

ok who buys this for me?

http://www.autoartmodels.com/pages/s...php?item=77192
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
psssh....the steering wheel is on the wrong side. don't waste your money
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolving Member

wow.... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=320956

i'm literally flustered after looking at those pics...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

just photoshop dex's face on them, you'll be fine then
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

with time tim! with time!

i have a goal of 350 awhp when i start to mod... but not yet
humorous harassment my friend...just bustin *****. Thats is a good number for street anyways. Paul and I were talking about that last weekend while in our venture. High horsepower is fun, but so unrealistic when you DD it. Thats my goal. If not, I hope I will be right near that number. fingers crossed
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'm hoping with the mods I have sitting in my room and the tune that I will be around 340-350...which should be achievable with the IX, we'll see come spring
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Tim, I hoped they packed the lip well, Bax sucks at handling fragile stuff, in my experience....but in the end the package was still fine
I am praying as we speak...expensive freight costs. This will def be getting opened before the driver gets any signiture from me.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

I went to BAX after work one day to pick up my c/f lip...took them 1 HOUR to find it under some boxes, it had a huge gash in the box, luckily it was packed well by J.O.D. (the one thing they did right) so it was fine after all, but there warehouse was ridiculous..
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:55 AM
Evolving Member

humorous harassment my friend...just bustin *****. Thats is a good number for street anyways. Paul and I were talking about that last weekend while in our venture. High horsepower is fun, but so unrealistic when you DD it. Thats my goal. If not, I hope I will be right near that number. fingers crossed
haha yea buddy i know you were jokin. modding now is very tempting, but the reality of the fact is my car is the most expensive thing i own and have ever owned. its my DD and my only means of transportation. that combined with the fact that it comes with a sick warranty just makes it not worth it for me to mod right now.

once its not my only means of transportation and its not quite so new, i want to go for 350 awhp. tune, tbe, licp, mbc, and i'd like to do cams.

long long term... i'd *like* to turn her into a serious track machine. gut the interior, coil overs, shoot for maybe 500 awhp, maybe a little more. but that is just a dream right now...
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:57 AM

i'm aiming for between 350-400 whp (i hope to be on the upper end of that after all of the work, though). The one thing I will say is that the car isn't so much undriveable daily, but it's just not as fun. You mash the gas for a few seconds and you are severely breaking the law.

I will be happy on the track, though
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

you's buyz it

haha yea buddy i know you were jokin. modding now is very tempting, but the reality of the fact is my car is the most expensive thing i own and have ever owned. its my DD and my only means of transportation. that combined with the fact that it comes with a sick warranty just makes it not worth it for me to mod right now.

once its not my only means of transportation and its not quite so new, i want to go for 350 awhp. tune, tbe, licp, mbc, and i'd like to do cams.

long long term... i'd *like* to turn her into a serious track machine. gut the interior, coil overs, shoot for maybe 500 awhp, maybe a little more. but that is just a dream right now...

I understand. Even though I hopefully will be entering the newest of teh Evolution family, I will always have the VIII. I love it. As for making it a track monster...not so much. Elesha wants to do driving events, but I do not want to over build the car for the type of driving we will be doing. Not going completely full out. Too much $$$ and time consuming for our schedule. So it will still be a turn key streetable car. We may just go aggressive on suspension. But not power. We will see when that time comes. So much could change by then.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Paul,

The warranty certainly is an attractive deterrent to modding but recognize this:

1) Having no mods is not less of a reason for Mitsu to deny your warranty claim. Mosty because "you abused the car."

2) Having mods is not less of a reason for Mitsu to honor your warranty claim. Everything from suspension, to transmissions, transfer cases, to motors have been repaired on modded cars without issue.

When you begin to appreciate the ambiguous enforcement and administration of the Mitsu warranty you realize that it really becomes a nonfactor with regards to modding the car.

Now, maintaining a relaible DD is a completely different story. Obviously, you can't have your only method of transportation hung up because you didn't finish a mod or had trouble part way through....having a beater and a garage is key to stressfree modding.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:26 PM
Evolving Member

you's buyz it

I understand. Even though I hopefully will be entering the newest of teh Evolution family, I will always have the VIII. I love it. As for making it a track monster...not so much. Elesha wants to do driving events, but I do not want to over build the car for the type of driving we will be doing. Not going completely full out. Too much $$$ and time consuming for our schedule. So it will still be a turn key streetable car. We may just go aggressive on suspension. But not power. We will see when that time comes. So much could change by then.
yea man i'm seriously NEVER getting rid of my IX. i <3 her. i probably never will turn her into a track monster mostly for the same reasons you wouldn't (money, time, streetability, etc). its much more likely i'll just go more agressive on the suspension and add some power and keep her streetable. the idea of a track machine would be awesome tho!

Last edited by Paulnsx; Jan 25, 2008 at 12:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread