Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 05:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey i drove a sentra for 2 years, i know what is like to have fwd in the snow. Why not just use OEM fluids? But to answer your question i have no idea where to get GM Sync. from.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
I guess, but donuts are so much fun. I didnt really think of the fact that all the wheels are turning at different speeds.

Paul, i miss you too. I still think you should consider an automatic as a daily driver. Anyway if you do want it i think 2k is a good price.

So Lost is on Thursday's now. So we need to not have meets on that night
i think the 4runner is actually out of the picture. i'm going to keep casually looking for a beater. i'll probably try to get some sort of honda to be honest. i mean what kind of honda boi has never had vtec?!?
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
no subaru turbo motors are sohc. they are all dohc. of course, by overhead, they mean sideofhead cams

the 06's have a 2.5l motor similar to the STi with a smaller turbo and different cams, though. they do have AVCS (variable valve timing).

the trannies are different than the previous years because the final drive is completely different. a lot of people put 20g turbos on them since the td04 is way too small. i think that's when the trannies start to become questionable, though.

give me a call later if you want to talk about it. or tell him to send me an email at gmail (same email address as my screenname).

it kind of really depends on what he's going to do and/or modify with it.
thx man. hes still got some time before he is ready to buy. he has been back and forth quite a bit. he is a big honda fan like me so we has thinking civic si. he also was looking at the srt4, ms3, mach v gti, etc. i *think* he is set on the wrx now.

i think his plans are basic bolt ons (intake, exhaust, tune) and some exterior stuff (tint, sti spoiler/hoodscoop). he has a little kid and it will be his only car so he cant go crazy.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Jan 27, 2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Hey i drove a sentra for 2 years, i know what is like to have fwd in the snow. Why not just use OEM fluids? But to answer your question i have no idea where to get GM Sync. from.
you can get synchromesh at autozone. i wouldn't put it in your transmission though. it has a tendency of wearing things down.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
well at least I would like to think of them as donuts... cause i couldn't afford an evo. I make do with what I have I guess.

Anyone know where to get GM Synchromesh for cheap? I need to do a tranny flush... Also my trunk key/mechanism is stuck... Gotta go lube the back end of my car up
maybe tim can help with the synchromesh?

as for the backend lubing... i'm sure d3xt0r can help... i bet he wont even charge!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
thx man. hes still got some time before he is ready to buy. he has been back and forth quite a bit. he is a bit honda fan like me so we has thinking civic si. he also was looking at the srt4, ms3, mach v gti, etc. i *think* he is set on the wrx now.

i think his plans are basic bolt ons (intake, exhaust, tune) and some exterior stuff (tint, sti spoiler/hoodscoop). he has a little kid and it will be his only car so he cant go crazy.
you know where to find me. i'm also available for test drives. i love test drives.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

haha i think the idea of a test drive with mikie scares me...

Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:27 PM

haha i think mikie scares me...

i think that's what you meant.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

nope, i know you scare me!

haha j/k
Old Jan 27, 2008, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

i ever show you guys this link: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=981613 ?

i used to follow that project when the guy first did it... crazzzzy project. the guy did such a sick job. he actually entered his car in SCC's car of the year competition.
Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
innovate strikes again!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=321319
Old Jan 27, 2008, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by dexmix
LOL

piece of **** wideband!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 04:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hahaha dex i saw that yesterday i didnt even post because i didnt want to start with the innovative fan boys. Mikie it is pretty much the same **** you had happen.

Dex, dave gave me a pod from his defis i figured out how to get the uego to fit. it did require some trimming of the studs, not a huge deal, and a thick ring of elctrical tape around the gauge to get the pod to stick. I still dont get why the base of those types of pods look like a puzzle but i am going to trim it as much as possible.

Also, i was listening to three dollar bill on the way to work. Faith by limp bizkit would be one of the best rockband songs evar.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:29 AM
Evolved Member

i might be doing some donuts in a few...

on a side note, i gotta decide on the 4runner tonight. 2k is the price now. still up in the air...
$2k is probably a pretty good price. Also factor in that you do know the history of the vehicle To some of us that is priceless when going in on a used vehicle. My 2cents

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
well at least I would like to think of them as donuts... cause i couldn't afford an evo. I make do with what I have I guess.

Anyone know where to get GM Synchromesh for cheap? I need to do a tranny flush... Also my trunk key/mechanism is stuck... Gotta go lube the back end of my car up

Teh GM synchromesh as you may know/not know is manufactured by Pennzoil.
http://www.pennzoil.com/TechData/Pds...omeshFluid.PDF

I can get this through my local GM dealer with my parts account there. They currently have 8 containers on the shelf GM #12345349...my cost per quart is $9.90.

One of my other parts suppliers has the Pennzoil Synchromesh in stock as well. My cost from them is $8.24 per quart.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 05:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Tim you coming down this week?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread