Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
time to make up for some posts i didn't make today.

have my company meeting in providence convention center followed by a work sponsored trip to dave and busters. it was a good time overall- they had more than enough food....i'm still stuffed and beer/wine/well drinks for free all night. i had a couple of vodka drinks a bunch of beers and felt pretty damn good.

one of my coworkers won a big stuffed animal. in our drunken state, we decided whoever possesses that animal is in charge (my boss and his boss are both gone for the next week), so since i have it in my car, looks like i'm the boss.....OH NoESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:33 PM

i'm going to try to get a dyno rented in the spring for the day. i probably need like 3 hours of tuning personally (gas tune needs to be cleaned up, meth tune and then meth/nitromethane tune).

i know tdc's dyno is $100/hr to rent, so if i can't find a better deal, i may go that route. at least i know it loads up accurately and they have a good cooling/ventilation system (which ESP did not last i saw)
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
is time to leaves yet?

anyone know of good restaurants or places in general to go in the waltham area?
i like john brewer's on rte 20. it's a fun place and the food is really good.

the waitresses are yummy too.
Old Jan 28, 2008, 10:41 PM

yay....i got my w2. that means it's tax time. well, at least one of them. i have to wait for my w2 from my previous job. everything else i do is electronic so i can just get the info online.

hooray for technology. boo for having to do taxes
Old Jan 28, 2008, 11:15 PM

dealing with etrade sucks. trying to figure out what the hell is going on with ESPP and options is a pain in the *****. i'm glad i work for a private company now.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Anj, I probably will end up doing that...just want to take note of all these options as well, it's going to depend on timing quite honestly. I'd like to have all my stuff installed by the time the weather gets nice, which could be....well who knows in new england, maybe late april? It depends whose coming here and when, I wouldnt mind just getting some base dyno runs in so I can compare before/after, but I dont think I'll have a chance to do that. Have scheduled a time for Ivey yet, what time were you thinking about heading down there? Tim, where are you getting tuned, if any place?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
mikie i was so nervous you were going to hit my car in your drunken state. You did good though. I have a feeling driving may be another thing you may do better inebriated.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

dex i was doing some research and it looks like the clutch line is universal to the 6 and 5 speed. I have a feeling mitsu used that same clutch line where ever possible. Let me know if you still want to get rid of it. Otherwise i might just skip the braided clutch line when i remove the restrictor pill.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:53 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
I go to Northeastern University, studyin' mechanical engineering.
I'm on coop right now for Pollak Aftermarket, we make aftermarket parts and OEM parts for commercial vehicles. Best thing is we make the ball switch for the reverse lights for the new Corvette (that testing was a ***** because that tranny heats up like a mother...)

I was in Providence to meet up with some girls from Brown. I just managed to get lost on the way back cause I left both the map quest directions and their phone numbers (on the directions...) in their dorm. (No worries they called me later that night)
cool man. northestern is a pretty sweet school, such a nice area. man i still wish i was an ME...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

cool man. northestern is a pretty sweet school, such a nice area. man i still wish i was an ME...
How'd it go with your lady friend? Are you and Dex both gonna be rocking "girlfriends" to keep up appearances?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What'd you switch to? I love ME, very hands on and such.

Hey guys I'm doing a brake flush should I just swap in stainless steel lines while i'm at it? Along with a clutch line with a bypass to that weird "clutch softener"?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
How'd it go with your lady friend? Are you and Dex both gonna be rocking "girlfriends" to keep up appearances?
make note to the plural-arity of the word "girlfriends" haha
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hey guys I'm doing a brake flush should I just swap in stainless steel lines while i'm at it? Along with a clutch line with a bypass to that weird "clutch softener"?
I would they arent very expensive. Just make sure you use flare wrenches on the brake lines or they WILL round off.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I would they arent very expensive. Just make sure you use flare wrenches on the brake lines or they WILL round off.
Hm... I'll definitely make note of that. Now I just have to find someone who sell S.S. braided lines for my car...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 06:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by avengerhed
i'm goin out with her tonight. still gotta figure out what we are gunna do tho...

What'd you switch to? I love ME, very hands on and such.

i was always a CS (computer science). i almost switched to ME freshman year and didn't . i was actually really thinking about going back for my masters in ME. one of the major drawbacks is taht i'd need ~1 year of prereq classes.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread