Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is pretty cool tim. i went to paris/london this past summer on a tour. there was a guy my age and his grandmother on the tour, really nice ppl. her husband though i guess was a machinist that worked on the original ford gt. tell me that isn't SUPER cool! i guess she knew the guy that designed the tranny for it really well. i really should email one of them...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
did greg's mobo show up?
Nope, should be here in about 5 days. RMA'ing takes some time. I think we are going to install my gauge.

What TV did you decide on?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Nope, should be here in about 5 days. RMA'ing takes some time. I think we are going to install my gauge.

What TV did you decide on?
same one greg got. it was between that and the samsung, but the samsung is really quirky. i couldn't go with the 77U because it doesn't have VGA input and that's the only way to get 1080 out of the xbox (which will probably be a big source of usage).

i have to rearrange things and i think i am going to end up moving my bed and whatnot into the small bedroom and using what is now my bedroom for the home theatre room. i have to take a few more measurements, but it think there's actually more space. i dunno. i have to think about it. i guess once i have it, i can figure out where to put it.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Bring her to a bar and hit on other chicks. It will force competition. Girls love that.
...this is so true.

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
that is pretty cool tim. i went to paris/london this past summer on a tour. there was a guy my age and his grandmother on the tour, really nice ppl. her husband though i guess was a machinist that worked on the original ford gt. tell me that isn't SUPER cool! i guess she knew the guy that designed the tranny for it really well. i really should email one of them...
Make the contacts asap. Even if its routine emailing/calls. Keep in touch as much as you can. Knowing people on the inside is key to a great placement in this industry. Elesha wants to move back to KY to be closer to her Mom, but I don't. Trying to get them to move back here. So, if I ever HAVE to, I know what I will be doing and where I will be working .... shoe in FTW!!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
It can happen if you really put the effort in. More so time in the industry as well. Elesha's dad designs sunroofs for Webasto in Kentucky. His team designed the panoramic sunroofs in the Ford Edge/Lincoln MKX, MB R350...just to name a few. Took him over 15 years to get that job. Before that he was a tool maker for injection molding, die's and cast. Really cool stuff. Never a dull conversation when we hang out.

http://www.webasto.us/am/en/am_auto_sunroofs.html

Yea my co-worker design the touch open sensor on the Jaguar glove box, along with a capacitance based keyless entry system that might see a couple cars for Chrysler or ford. The engineer I help out at work designs the electrical trailer tows for Ford/GM/Deere/Caterpillar trucks/tractors and we got another guy that works on ignition switches for Volvo/cat/deere/ etc.. Its a great field that is a lot of fun but full of work. More of a reason for a
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

why not use david-face's sick panasonic discount?

when i buy a tv it will probably be a panasonic through dave for a 46" samsung lcd 1080p
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

i have to rearrange things and i think i am going to end up moving my bed and whatnot into the small bedroom and using what is now my bedroom for the home theatre room. i have to take a few more measurements, but it think there's actually more space. i dunno. i have to think about it. i guess once i have it, i can figure out where to put it.
um, i dunno man.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

every reason and occasion calls for beer....right Mikie
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
Yea my co-worker design the touch open sensor on the Jaguar glove box, along with a capacitance based keyless entry system that might see a couple cars for Chrysler or ford. The engineer I help out at work designs the electrical trailer tows for Ford/GM/Deere/Caterpillar trucks/tractors and we got another guy that works on ignition switches for Volvo/cat/deere/ etc.. Its a great field that is a lot of fun but full of work. More of a reason for a
very cool bruce... maybe i will go back to school and you can hook me up with a job!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
why not use david-face's sick panasonic discount?

when i buy a tv it will probably be a panasonic through dave for a 46" samsung lcd 1080p
cause if i buy it through circuity city, it's less than amazon/newegg anything and i don't have to pay for it for 3 years. that means each month, i put the money in a savings account, accrue interest and then pay it off after 2 years and 11 months. i get paid for buying a tv

i'm guessing when all is said and done, it will work out to be roughly the same. i just like the idea of having disposable income in the meanwhile in case anything arises around the house or whatnot.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:36 AM

every reason and occasion calls for beer....right Mikie
most. unless you are sick. then bust out the knob creek bourbon. that stuff is better than penicillin any day
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:39 AM

um, i dunno man.
luckily i do :P

the base is a lot smaller than the TV so i am going to position there on a dresser or something to see how it looks. then i can decide what to do with it. i may try to put it above the fire place but i would have to talk to danny about how to build that out first.

the other option is to mount it on the ceiling above my bed and stream **** to it from the xbox. i suppose that would have its advantages too. it would be like boobies from heaven.....
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:41 AM

...this is so true.

Make the contacts asap. Even if its routine emailing/calls. Keep in touch as much as you can. Knowing people on the inside is key to a great placement in this industry. Elesha wants to move back to KY to be closer to her Mom, but I don't. Trying to get them to move back here. So, if I ever HAVE to, I know what I will be doing and where I will be working .... shoe in FTW!!
you really do have to know someone. i have a friend in CA who runs a PR firm who deals with a bunch of OEM companies as well as a bunch of aftermarket companies. he's really good at what he does and is actually racing (and won nationals) in a factory-sponsored scion. how could would it be to get a brand new car and be able to just guy it!

now it's time to slap a blower on her and see what she'll do.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

how could would it be to get a brand new car and be able to just guy it!
Is this a sentence? Have another drink Mikie, I don't drunk you're think enough, yet.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

luckily i do :P
Really, you sure
the base is a lot smaller than the TV so i am going to position there on a dresser or something to see how it looks. then i can decide what to do with it. i may try to put it above the fire place but i would have to talk to danny about how to build that out first.
Above the fire place would be hot plus you cold probably open the room up a bit. I think that might be the better idea. I dont see how you would swing making the master bedroom into a theater room. Plus it would be hard to play anything loud if people are sleeping. AND you really want to move into the third bedroom, the tiniest room of the house with no heat? I still like the current setup but it all depends how you want it to end up. I think over the fireplace will make for better speaker setup but you would have to run a lot of exposed wires.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread