Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahahahaha boobies from heaven...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MR Turco
...you would have to run a lot of exposed wires.
I have a decent solution for this...a lof my my alarm wires are "exposed" but covered by these nice, paintable tracks...really makes a clean install.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:49 AM

Really, you sure

Above the fire place would be hot plus you cold probably open the room up a bit. I think that might be the better idea. I dont see how you would swing making the master bedroom into a theater room. Plus it would be hard to play anything loud if people are sleeping. AND you really want to move into the third bedroom, the tiniest room of the house with no heat? I still like the current setup but it all depends how you want it to end up. I think over the fireplace will make for better speaker setup but you would have to run a lot of exposed wires.
the thing that i don't like is that the room is still narrow that way. i'd like to set the tv up with the new speakers and whatnot too.

i don't really care about the third bedroom- i thought about it and i just need to put a vent in the wall or floor to let some heat up there (just like in the other two bedrooms). i finally realized why it's cold. then again, i'd probably end up falling asleep in front of the tv anyway, so as long as there is a comfy couch there, i'll be fine

i don't think the noise is going to matter much- the current tv is right below your bedroom. you can hear any time someone moves around upstairs so i don't know if the sound levels will really be different.

sooooo many options......luckily the thing is only 120 lbs so it's easy to move around......
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by avengerhed
Is this a sentence? Have another drink Mikie, I don't drunk you're think enough, yet.
i think that was supposed to be 'how COOL would it be.' i'm actually doing work and trying to post ***** at the same time so you have to excuse my rampant errors.

those tracks sound like a good idea i also got some of this stuff to use on my speaker wires in my room:
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=082-344

it makes thing look a lot neater and it's available in a bunch of colors.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:51 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
the thing that i don't like is that the room is still narrow that way. i'd like to set the tv up with the new speakers and whatnot too.

i don't really care about the third bedroom- i thought about it and i just need to put a vent in the wall or floor to let some heat up there (just like in the other two bedrooms). i finally realized why it's cold. then again, i'd probably end up falling asleep in front of the tv anyway, so as long as there is a comfy couch there, i'll be fine

i don't think the noise is going to matter much- the current tv is right below your bedroom. you can hear any time someone moves around upstairs so i don't know if the sound levels will really be different.

sooooo many options......luckily the thing is only 120 lbs so it's easy to move around......
I guess it depends where the new speakers are pointed. When you play music in your bedroom it is really loud but that could be because the volume is turned up due to the issues that you mentioned.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Mikie, too bad you can't convert the basement into a true home theater setup. We saw an awesome home theater in the basemet of a house we considered purchasing. Dark walls with sound deadening installed, TV and speakers sunken into a wall (which had some access behind it). Surround sound speakers overhead and "starlight" fiber optic lighting in the ceiling. Huge couches, awesome. It was hot...

if only that place had a nice garage...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
most. unless you are sick. then bust out the knob creek bourbon. that stuff is better than penicillin any day
...yes, but penicillin is a key factor. My neighbor Richie who is deployed right now brings home that penicillin like its skittles candy. So, a few of those with a shot or two of the not so expensive Ezra Brooks bourbon is an awesome remedy. I religiously took this when Elesha had viral meningitis.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Lee, I got my email back from him. No go on the lines. Sorry man, I tried. Evo application only in the Lancer family. So with that said....

Hmmmm....my cost for ss brake lines is $98/set and ss clutch line $30 SHIPPED. Oh the decisions....
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:05 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Russell makes really good braided line. That is a decent price on the brake lines.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Russell makes really good braided line. That is a decent price on the brake lines.
I know, their quality is awesome. I am contimplating on getting them. But I think I will wait. Got to pick up the wheels soon and have the lower lip painted as well.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

i'm considering some SS braided brakes lines... i might do this when i replace the pads which i'll probably do at about 20k. not sure how much longer they would last. i think the rotors should be straight until the next set of pads are needed.

i'm thinking of getting thouse ferrodo 2500s for pads. i read some bad things about the hawks a day or two ago, not sure how true it was though. i had previously only heard good things about the hawk pads.

still gotta do some more research tho
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:16 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i'm considering some SS braided brakes lines... i might do this when i replace the pads which i'll probably do at about 20k. not sure how much longer they would last. i think the rotors should be straight until the next set of pads are needed.

i'm thinking of getting thouse ferrodo 2500s for pads. i read some bad things about the hawks a day or two ago, not sure how true it was though. i had previously only heard good things about the hawk pads.
I was thinking about moving to the Ferodo pads but they are WAY more expensive then i wanted to spend. I would recommend the axxis ultimates. Mikie runs them and they feel pretty good. Unless you are tracking the car i wouldnt run a track pad. The hawk ceramics are also good for less hard to remove brake dust
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Hey Lee, I got my email back from him. No go on the lines. Sorry man, I tried. Evo application only in the Lancer family. So with that said....

Hmmmm....my cost for ss brake lines is $98/set and ss clutch line $30 SHIPPED. Oh the decisions....

No worries, I might not bother with it, my brake setup is sufficient for my needs and driving style right now. If anything I might do rotors instead.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx

If you take the correct steps in seating the pads as directed you will be fine. I have had my HAWK pads in for about 3 years now. Good to go. I have heard negative things, but I do not believe the proper steps were taken and they probably squeal something firece. I am sure teh Ferrodo will be fine as well. They are great pads.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

I've been running hawks for a while now, besides heavy brake dust I have never had any problems.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread