Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Paulnsx
hahah i love top gear... they said this about the new M3 race car for ALMS
that has to be a clarkson quote.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its actually not! http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2601/

omfg all i want to do is leave right now...
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

its actually not! http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/2601/

omfg all i want to do is leave right now...
OMGme2!

...going to Mitsu after work to order some misc shtuff. And then to sit with my sales guy and talk numbers
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dave we need to figure out drive train fluids to order.
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Dave we need to figure out drive train fluids to order.
....???
Old Feb 8, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

WooHoo, UPS came today. Buschur 272's in the house!!
basically Jun272's = mean
Old Feb 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I thought you had cams?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 02:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Tim,
sounds good on the payment situation, Just lemme know. As far as the tires I think I'ma go with the Yokohama's, they'll last me 2 summers i hope. I'll just order them from tirerack.

Thanks for the offer, its amazing what you have for hookups. Tim for pres anyone?
Old Feb 8, 2008, 02:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
I thought you had cams?
I do. just these are alot more aggressive. We are going Big.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 12:47 AM
Evolving Member

ok the strangest/scariest thing just happened.... i was driving home. i left my car at gators place and we took his car to boston. my car was really cold i let her warm up for a min or two then drove her easy until the water came up to temp. i got on the highway, in fourth i step on it A LITTLE, as soon as i hit around 3k when it starts to spool my f*cking rpms JUMP sky high to like 6k+. im not sure if i was hitting fuel cut or not. i IMMEDIATELY push the clutch in and start hitting the brakes lightly. i think i also put the shifter in neutral. after the revs hesitated very high for maybe a couple seconds they fell and from there on out the car seemed ok but i drove her home VERY slow. i did bring it atleast over 3k once after this happened and it was fine.

what the hell could have happened??? i'm not too worried that i damaged anything since the car was warm before this happened. but this really freaked me out. i am DEAD sober also, i didnt have a single drink tonight.

i might goto westboro tomorrow morning and tell them about this.

the only thing i can think of is that somehow the throttle got stuck open between the cold and the slight boost hit.

could my wastegate be going?

Last edited by Paulnsx; Feb 9, 2008 at 12:58 AM.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 05:32 AM

did the car accelerate or did something slip?

considering it was icy as **** out, my guess is that your tires were on ice and they just spun. either that or the clutch slipped (which doesn't seem likely based on how i've seen you drive)

also, since you are concerned about this, you water gauge is probably not the best judge for whether or not the car is warmed up. my water gauge comes up to temp well before my oil pressure drops to normal. again, you don't really beat on it, but it is good to know that most temp gauges aren't worth donkey dong.

ok the strangest/scariest thing just happened.... i was driving home. i left my car at gators place and we took his car to boston. my car was really cold i let her warm up for a min or two then drove her easy until the water came up to temp. i got on the highway, in fourth i step on it A LITTLE, as soon as i hit around 3k when it starts to spool my f*cking rpms JUMP sky high to like 6k+. im not sure if i was hitting fuel cut or not. i IMMEDIATELY push the clutch in and start hitting the brakes lightly. i think i also put the shifter in neutral. after the revs hesitated very high for maybe a couple seconds they fell and from there on out the car seemed ok but i drove her home VERY slow. i did bring it atleast over 3k once after this happened and it was fine.

what the hell could have happened??? i'm not too worried that i damaged anything since the car was warm before this happened. but this really freaked me out. i am DEAD sober also, i didnt have a single drink tonight.

the only thing i can think of is that somehow the throttle got stuck open between the cold and the slight boost hit.

Old Feb 9, 2008, 05:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you lost traction it coulda been the icey conditions but if you didn't lose traciton I'd look at your clutch.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
id agree with the ice on the roads last night. i know down here it was very icy. aftermarket gauges FTW.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 07:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah sounds like icy roads and teh throttle hang. Dont worry buddy i am sure the car is fine.
Old Feb 9, 2008, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
did the car accelerate or did something slip?

considering it was icy as **** out, my guess is that your tires were on ice and they just spun. either that or the clutch slipped (which doesn't seem likely based on how i've seen you drive)

also, since you are concerned about this, you water gauge is probably not the best judge for whether or not the car is warmed up. my water gauge comes up to temp well before my oil pressure drops to normal. again, you don't really beat on it, but it is good to know that most temp gauges aren't worth donkey dong.
it seemed like something slipped i guess. but the thing is the car reved WAAAAY more than the amount of gas i gave it and it CONTINUED to rev high even though i took my foot off the pedal. the clutch was fully engaged when this happened. like i was just casually cruising hit the gas slightly and the car FLIPPED out. like totally flipped out. just reved maaaad high and chilled that.

i do know that the water gauge doesnt mean the car is warmed up. this is why i wait longer before i really step on it. this is why i say i just accelerated harder... i didnt step on it. i.e. i went from enough throttle to SLOWLY accelerate to enough throttle to start building a small amount of boost. maybe like 5% - 15% throttle.

Last edited by Paulnsx; Feb 9, 2008 at 08:35 AM.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread