Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh, I meant to tell everyone that my dad can now get basically any tv (plasma, LCD, etc - Sony, Panasonic, etc) and audio equipment at wholesale pricing If anyone is even a little interested, let me know what you are looking for and I can get a price. Please PM me any questions or anything.

Thanks!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 07:59 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Marshall O
I should be good for Sat, but I think we have a food testing on that Sunday. I should have all my stuff done, so I would come over for moral support (high fives, hugs and all that).
What, marshall will have the car with no more mods to install? What would the world be coming to?
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Oh, I meant to tell everyone that my dad can now get basically any tv (plasma, LCD, etc - Sony, Panasonic, etc) and audio equipment at wholesale pricing If anyone is even a little interested, let me know what you are looking for and I can get a price. Please PM me any questions or anything.

Thanks!
Marshall:

Both my father and I are looking for this player
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/d...=BD-UP5000/XAA

Plus my dad is looking for a new lamp for his Samsung 50" DLP (non-LED version). I searched for the model lamp, but I need to get the exact model DLP he has first. Different connectors and manufacturers differ the lamps. gay.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by MR Turco
What, marshall will have the car with no more mods to install? What would the world be coming to?
That would be a sad day, eh? Well I should be ordering some cams within the next month or so

And I need to spend a lot of time tuning...
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Marshall:

Plus my dad is looking for a new lamp for his Samsung 50" DLP (non-LED version). I searched for the model lamp, but I need to get the exact model DLP he has first. Different connectors and manufacturers differ the lamps. gay.
Ok, I will see about the player and PM you. Let me know about the model for the lamp also.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, I will see about the player and PM you. Let me know about the model for the lamp also.
If it helps your dad any...we can pay cash
I will find out which model lamp tonight when I go visit my parents.

Thanks!!!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Marshall:

just get a ps3
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
just get a ps3
It is a possibility. But this does not play HD (Toshiba/Microsoft) format. Only BlueRay format correct?? Until this on-going battle of the two high def versions is eliminated, the Samsung can play both. I/we do not want to limit our selection of movies because of a player issue. Get 1 that plays both, or get 2 seperate units....just pricing out my options. I just don;t want to wait much longer either. Having a current dvd player with the 1080p up converter w/HDMI is not cutting it My new plasma needs the real deal
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

it is eliminated, blu-ray won! there are only like 1 or 2 labels still on hd-dvd

ps3 ftw!
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
it is eliminated, blu-ray won! there are only like 1 or 2 labels still on hd-dvd

ps3 ftw!
sad but true. hd discs are being phased out. what will be interesting is whether or not titles will be reissued on blow...i mean blu-ray.

i'm snatching up as many hd dvds as i can since i already have the player. when stuff goes on sale, i grab it up.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 09:56 AM

sad but true. hd discs are being phased out. what will be interesting is whether or not titles will be reissued on blow...i mean blu-ray.

i'm snatching up as many hd dvds as i can since i already have the player. when stuff goes on sale, i grab it up.
Agreed. I have already picked up a good amount for my Toshiba player. I will be getting a PS3 later this year, so I will be able to play and enjoy both
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream

ps3 ftw!
Is there an official link stating so? I would like to print it out for my dad. He didn;t believe me that there was more companies backing the BluRay format. But I convinced him that teh Samsung duo player would be his best bet.

link please
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:08 AM

here's the latest

http://www.engadget.com/2008/02/12/h...best-buy-snub/
Old Feb 12, 2008, 10:20 AM

of course, i don't think blu-ray won yet- they just haven't lost. who knows what might come out next. they are already talking about 1440p in the works, hdmi 1.3b and a slew of other things, so maybe blu-ray will be obsolete soon too.

all hd discs are pretty delicate- blu-ray more so than hd dvd.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:00 AM
Evolved Member

of course, i don't think blu-ray won yet- they just haven't lost. who knows what might come out next. they are already talking about 1440p in the works, hdmi 1.3b and a slew of other things, so maybe blu-ray will be obsolete soon too.

all hd discs are pretty delicate- blu-ray more so than hd dvd.
Well, in my dad and I's decision to buy very soon, it makes no sense for us to wait and see what 'might' be coming out in replacement. I'd rather not sit back and watch technology come and go and wait to see what is best. I guess going straight with blu ray, we wouldn't feel like we made the wrong decision when deciding between the two formats are out at here and now. As for a 1440p, and a 1.3 hdmi..????...whatever is next....the current 1080p should suit my home viewing needs just fine (for now)

So, my dad is pissed! He called to have DirectTV installed, and the technician came to his house. I guess where the best place to mount the dish to receive the signal is not going to happen on his property. He would have to cut down 7 huge oak trees my mother loves so dearly in their front yard. Dad has the chainsaw ready, and Mom rules when it comes to the decor inside and out. WW-III at the rents house

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread