Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
I am not liking the smaller trunk space either. Battery placement in the back is not a big deal or even a crucial matter. I have seen the small battery kit mounted in the X already, but it doesn't add any extra space. Just more room behind the panel where it sits, and less weight. Having Samantha = lots of sh it to carry around. But in the real world, if I need more space, I need to buy something different. Thats the reality of that one for me.
Actually the battery placement is one of the other things i really like about the new car. I was talking to paul about this too. AMS came out with a light weight battery but truthfully that is the last thing i would make lighter considering where it is. It basically is a big counter weight to the driver so it will help more then hurt.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by avengerhed
Yeah, I'm sorry...no Mitsu should ever deserve a markup.... jeez, they rarely deserve MSRP.

I'd consider dropping $32k on one, with HIDs, which is like $5k more than i spent on mine.
Yeah, I bought mine for $28k brandy new. Me saving $4k was worth it to me. Finacially, it makes no sense to buy any car new given the depreciation hit once you buy it. Advantages and disadvantages. To me, buying new = asssurance in my purchase. Buying used = gamble the previous owner(s) treated it well. Sometimes spending a little more is the way to go if your in it for the long run. I am not a fan of purchasing used. Especially on a car such as this. But that is my own personal belief.

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Yeah i wouldnt buy one until you pay for them what they are worth: close to invoice, not msrp + markup.
You can get these at discounted rates. You just have to sell the sales person that said amount is all your paying when he is selling you the car. I am more than satified with what I was quoted. And changing my mind on the Aero kit made things that much better.

- evom discount
- Mitsubishi loyalty rebate
- dealer kick back (backdoor money, usually 3-5% return on sticker price )

These key elements help when getting the quote. Just because it seems to be a $40k car....doesn;t mean anything. The people paying that much have not done their homework. Its a shame some people have spent that much, but most of them do that just to be one of the first to obtain one. So unrealistic.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You can get these at discounted rates. You just have to sell the sales person that said amount is all your paying when he is selling you the car. I am more than satified with what I was quoted. And changing my mind on the Aero kit made things that much better.

- evom discount
- Mitsubishi loyalty rebate
- dealer kick back (backdoor money, usually 3-5% return on sticker price )

These key elements help when getting the quote. Just because it seems to be a $40k car....doesn;t mean anything. The people paying that much have not done their homework. Its a shame some people have spent that much, but most of them do that just to be one of the first to obtain one. So unrealistic.
Well according to the sales guy (grain of salt added) they are getting two MRs, both of which were sold to older gentlemen, both of which are paid for, both of which were purchased at the low low price of $50k. Yeah, wow.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:42 AM

Well according to the sales guy (grain of salt added) they are getting two MRs, both of which were sold to older gentlemen, both of which are paid for, both of which were purchased at the low low price of $50k. Yeah, wow.
what a bunch of idiots. i could do A LOT better for $50k.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by crazymikie
what a bunch of idiots. i could do A LOT better for $50k.
yeah like put it towards a koenigsegg
Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

$50k = lame. But in this case, it seems money is no object to them. Let them have it for $50k. It will depreciate just as much as someone who is or paid $40k.

I am not buying my next car from Manchester Mitsubishi (where I bought my VIII)...reason being, is that they only have 2 MR's on order with no GSR's coming in. To order only. The 2 MR's are also already sold. One paid for, the other has a $5k deposit. I asked when they would be coming in so I can stop by to see them. Just to look and not drive. Sales told me they were not telling anyone when. Because they didn't want people coming in and crawling all over the car. I stated I only wanted to come by to look. He said..."Sorry. Not happening." I was very disappointed
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:02 PM

$50k = lame. But in this case, it seems money is no object to them. Let them have it for $50k. It will depreciate just as much as someone who is or paid $40k.

I am not buying my next car from Manchester Mitsubishi (where I bought my VIII)...reason being, is that they only have 2 MR's on order with no GSR's coming in. To order only. The 2 MR's are also already sold. One paid for, the other has a $5k deposit. I asked when they would be coming in so I can stop by to see them. Just to look and not drive. Sales told me they were not telling anyone when. Because they didn't want people coming in and crawling all over the car. I stated I only wanted to come by to look. He said..."Sorry. Not happening." I was very disappointed
good thing you are old enough to understand what 'look' means as opposed to 'touch.'

****ing idiots.

i've started to appreciate retail stores that actually treat you well. i've taken the approach that they should earn my business, not the other way around....
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:04 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Tim if you come down you should swing by Westboro. They have 4 in stock, one in the showroom that they let us sit in and open the hood/trunk and such.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Whoever told you that is full of crap. I was told last week that they were only being alotted two MRs but they were both available because no one would put a deposit sight-unseen.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Tim if you come down you should swing by Westboro. They have 4 in stock, one in the showroom that they let us sit in and open the hood/trunk and such.
Well, I will be coming down indefinitely when the Ti lugs come in. So perhaps next friday...??? So I will plan accordingly and maybe have some of you come with to go look before they close. Then we can do the dinner & beers thing again. I had fun last time I came down
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

i think i might be taking friday off if anyone wants to get crazy thurs night. i think i convinced the dextors to take friday.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
i think i might be taking friday off if anyone wants to get crazy thurs night. i think i convinced the dextors to take friday.
you just got back from vacation you lazy *****.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 01:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
you just got back from vacation you lazy *****.

SRSLY.

I jealous.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 02:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dave, can we adjust my clutch again on wednesday? After kicking the crap out of my first gear all weekend - it is out of adjustment again.

also, after taking the course - i almost have enough skill to drive like mikie - with the *** end out on purpose.

Last edited by EvoBroMA; Feb 25, 2008 at 02:44 PM.
Old Feb 25, 2008, 03:38 PM
Evolved Member

Dex- that's a definite maybe. I've got an interview at 4pm right near the house but I dunno when I'm going to be out....I can call you as soon as I'm on my way home...

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread