Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Paul i love those headlights. Most of his stuff is just too much for my taste but i actually dig those.

Motor mounts should be ordered today. I have to call when California opens.

Who is in for dinner tonight?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o **** i forgot, when, and where at? Marlborough right? anyone got directions? I'll probably be coming from canton depending on what time...
Old Feb 27, 2008, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

hm... apparently since the HDDVD's lost the war, the xbox HD DVD player is selling for 50$ at Bestbuy.. anndd you get free king kong and 5 free movies in the mail. Also there's a hack/driver mod you can install on your computer to play HD DVD's on your PC.... hmmm.... not bad.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ yeah, and that is why Mikei is buying up all he can. It is still good technology.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:01 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yeah investing in a dead technology is a great idea let me know when you find some betamax movies

If mikie had not gotten the HD-DVD drive with his xbox i doubt he would be investing in one at this point. Of course, i could be wrong.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bruce988jl
yea i just don't have 300$ to even start the justifying method.
is your avatar your actual car's lighting setup? if so... niceeeee
Yeah, those are my stock HID low beams with my 3000k (Yellow) HID fogs... i love the setup... thanks for the compliment!
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MR Turco
Paul i love those headlights. Most of his stuff is just too much for my taste but i actually dig those.

Motor mounts should be ordered today. I have to call when California opens.

Who is in for dinner tonight?

Yay for motor mounts! Maybe I can rig up a mirror system so that I can see my bling-*** mount from the TOP of the engine bay! Woot!

I'll be in for tonite....I have an interview at 4, it may be over at 5 or I may be there till 6 or 7. I will call you guys as soon as I get out in the event that you wanna meet up at the house ahead of the meet.

We can also talk about chillin' after.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

hm... apparently since the HDDVD's lost the war, the xbox HD DVD player is selling for 50$ at Bestbuy.. anndd you get free king kong and 5 free movies in the mail. Also there's a hack/driver mod you can install on your computer to play HD DVD's on your PC.... hmmm.... not bad.
yeah, i know the guys at work use the xbox hd player to debug hd decoding issues

im in for dinner. *might* be runnin a little late but hopefully not. a guy i work with might tag along too.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:30 AM

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136137

crazymikie's new toy.

you can use any drive to play movies on your pc. it's just that if you get the hacked driver for the xbox drive, it will circumvent encryption. you still need nero 8 with the hd/bluray addon or powerdvd to play movies. i think nero works better- i tried both.

you can always rip either format with any drive. my blu-ray drive is in transit, but i'll report back.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Paulnsx
yeah, i know the guys at work use the xbox hd player to debug hd decoding issues

im in for dinner. *might* be runnin a little late but hopefully not. a guy i work with might tag along too.
he single?
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

can someone update the time and place for the meet? I will be out of work around 5-530
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie

crazymikie's new toy.

you can use any drive to play movies on your pc. it's just that if you get the hacked driver for the xbox drive, it will circumvent encryption. you still need nero 8 with the hd/bluray addon or powerdvd to play movies. i think nero works better- i tried both.

you can always rip either format with any drive. my blu-ray drive is in transit, but i'll report back.
can you even buy blank Blu-Ray discs yet? I guess I'm really behind the tech wave....
Old Feb 27, 2008, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie

crazymikie's new toy.

interesting, I don't think I've ever played an actual Bluray movie on my PS3 yet.. just played video games and standard 4.7 dvd's...
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Paulnsx

im in for dinner. *might* be runnin a little late but hopefully not. a guy i work with will be tagging me before dinner.
Fixed

Originally Posted by MR Turco
yeah investing in a dead technology is a great idea let me know when you find some betamax movies

If mikie had not gotten the HD-DVD drive with his xbox i doubt he would be investing in one at this point. Of course, i could be wrong.
Lee-

It depends on what you want- if you are using it with your computer, I'd go with a hybrid drive at this point- I'm guessing there will be a lot of crazy sales on hd movies coming up soon, so if you want to pick up a bunch, you can. I'm not sure if they will reissue a lot of the HD DVDs on blu-ray, so if there's anything you really want, then go for it now.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread