Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 29, 2008, 05:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank god.. I'm still buzzed at work right now. Went to Kells Bar and Grille last night, nice place.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
verizon wireless sucks my ***
Old Feb 29, 2008, 06:56 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymikie
in a good or bad way?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
i'd say they're quite a bit better than every other cell company.

what happened?
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

"What a day, what a day, should've stayed home shootin' the breeze all day..."

So, I think I should have stayed in bed today.

When I was finally leaving my driveway this morning, after a hell of a start to my Friday, I was almost killed by a woman who blew the stop sign on E.Dudley, the diagonal street by my house.

I looked right, saw no one, looked left, saw no one and turned left onto elm street only to have her come through the stop sign doing at least 35...I laid on the horn but had to drive on the wrong side of the road for a bit to avoid having the Evo bisected.

She stopped in the road becuase of my beeping and then "sped" off in her "hot" volvo R sedan. Then she proceeded to make a show out of taking out her cellphone and dialing someone...maybe the police? maybe her big scary husband? who knows....but it's got me worried.

I really really hate massachusetts. a lot.

and,

i should have just stayed in bed today.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Dude, i really think we should rig up a system of spike strips this weekend for people who dont stop. It is quite ridiculous. And then when there car gets a flat we can beat them while they wait for a tow truck.

Originally Posted by avengerhed
So, I think I should have stayed in bed today.

When I was finally leaving my driveway this morning, after a hell of a start to my Friday, I was almost killed by a woman who blew the stop sign on E.Dudley, the diagonal street by my house.

I looked right, saw no one, looked left, saw no one and turned left onto elm street only to have her come through the stop sign doing at least 35...I laid on the horn but had to drive on the wrong side of the road for a bit to avoid having the Evo bisected.

She stopped in the road becuase of my beeping and then "sped" off in her "hot" volvo R sedan. Then she proceeded to make a show out of taking out her cellphone and dialing someone...maybe the police? maybe her big scary husband? who knows....but it's got me worried.

I really really hate massachusetts. a lot.

and,

i should have just stayed in bed today.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

I'm just at a loss for what to do...

I hate getting in confrontations with people and that feeling's multiplied about 10,000 times when it's in front of where I live....

I shouldn't have lost my temper this morning but I'm really at the end of my chain with these people just doing whatever they want. These are the same HAGS that will yell at you to slow down when you're driving 25mph in their neighborhood because the car looks fast.

I think I'm just very sick of dealing with people. I really need a people break.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

In my parents neighborhood the speed limit is 35. One day i was driving 30 (5 under the speed limit for the math impaired), and this guy is out in front of his house talking to a neighbor while his younger kids ride their bike in the driveway. He sees me from about 200 ft and books it towards the road. I actually almost came to a stop because I thought he was going to run into my car and then proceeded to give me the nastiest look ever. So the next time i drove by his house around midnight I let the sentra brush the rev limiter a bit. Dick.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 07:31 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Comparison between the stock BCS and the GM 3-port. Good information:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=328748
Old Feb 29, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolving Member

sooo i took the day off and now im bored lol
Old Feb 29, 2008, 09:52 AM

I'm just at a loss for what to do...

I hate getting in confrontations with people and that feeling's multiplied about 10,000 times when it's in front of where I live....

I shouldn't have lost my temper this morning but I'm really at the end of my chain with these people just doing whatever they want. These are the same HAGS that will yell at you to slow down when you're driving 25mph in their neighborhood because the car looks fast.

I think I'm just very sick of dealing with people. I really need a people break.
people are here drive like ****ing idiots.

i always stop at stop signs. i don't drive like a maniac through populated areas. i don't drive like an asshat through parking lots. i see people doing these things all the time. i almost got run over by some dip**** who blew the stop sign in front of your house once.

i really think you should rig up a camera and video tape people blowing through the stop sign. make sure you can get their license plates and then call the police.

on the verizon front- i broke my phone. methinks this isn't too bad because i have the insurance on it. WRONG.

i have to fill out some form online. then i have to call and give some ****head the same information. then, as a sanity check i have to print out a form and fax the SAME INFORMATION to them. then they process it and call me. then i have to pay $50 deductible. then, eventually, they ship me a new phone.

i would think that they could have just replaced the phone in the store, but no- conveniently, they were sold out at two locations and didn't have any in the warehouse. what a ****ing coincidence. you'd think as a courtesy, THEY could give the information to the insurance company since i am paying verizon for insurance. 'it's a separate company' they tell me. frankly, i don't give a ****. if you want to contract work out, that's your prerogative. when i signed up for the plan, they didn't tell me any of this ****, just that the phone would be replaced for $50.

i feel like breaking a few more since i know they are losing money on it....

on the bright side, circuit city is awesome. they are coming to deliver a new tv, take the current one away, extending my warranty for another 30 days, pricematching the current lower price (even though it's over 30 days) and told me that since the price is going down again on sunday, they'll pricematch again.

the new panasonics are out towards april and they said if i am unhappy with this new ****sung, that i can just exchange it for the panasonic when it's available.

:thumbsup:
Old Feb 29, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear about your phone....I always figured the insurance was a uge rip, but I've never broken a phone before so....i guess it's not terrible.

Glad you're getting a new TV, I hope you have better luck with this one. IMO, you should just hold out for the Panny...I take it that the plasma panel replacement didn't help either? I dunno what's left to replace.....
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:06 PM

Sorry to hear about your phone....I always figured the insurance was a uge rip, but I've never broken a phone before so....i guess it's not terrible.

Glad you're getting a new TV, I hope you have better luck with this one. IMO, you should just hold out for the Panny...I take it that the plasma panel replacement didn't help either? I dunno what's left to replace.....
ain't nothing left to replace. the tech told me about all of the problems and what they've done to fix them (adding foam to push down on cables and a bunch of other hacks that sometimes work and sometimes don't). he was awesome.

i have options now, so that's the important thing....the new panasonic is msrp at $2600 now and they speculate it will be lower when it actually comes out. it would only be a few hundred dollars to get that so it's a definite possibility.

based on the amount of work they made me do, they are definitely losing money on this warranty claim. i'm tempted to smash another one just out of spite. i may go with something a little more durable if i break it again. we'll see.
Old Feb 29, 2008, 12:17 PM

now this made me feel good:

samsung quality person: we would like to follow up on the repair for your tv.

me: great.

samsung: is it working?

me: nope. still the same problem.

samsung: oh-

me: i got circuit city to take it back. i can't afford to take any more time off work to deal with this nonsense.

samsung: oh- well, uh, if you need us for anything with the new tv, please let us know.

me: don't worry- i won't. it will be a panasonic

/me hangs up.

ahhh.....
Old Feb 29, 2008, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my buddy had some problems with his samsung tv... I've had to have my samsung mp3 player serviced and they called to follow up. I got an ipod for my bday and never touch the thing anymore but i loved it. I tend to stay away from displays built by samsung since from what i hear its hit or miss.

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread