Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Worcester/Boston Social Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:36 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
So I am def coming down tomorrow night

Paul S your wheels pieces are finished. I will try to get over there either today or tomorrow and pick the up for you, and bring them with me when I come down friday night. Does that work for you???
Tim, do you just want to give me $35 and we will be even. I know marshall owes you money too. I can pay for him if need be. let me know how you want to set it up.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MR Turco
yup the stiff spring. That would make sense. I lost the soft spring somewhere but from what i heard the soft spring only holds 17psi.
I've got a soft spring if you want to try...
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Yea Tim, that's great, I'll be around, I think we'll be getting together for some dinner (anj) probably around 830 or so..maybe on the border in woburn?
I could probably make that. I'll send you a text sometime tomorrow
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cool, everyone else is more than welcome to join, I know brandon is coming up, and probaby J14 as well
Old Mar 6, 2008, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MyEvoDream
Yea Tim, that's great, I'll be around, I think we'll be getting together for some dinner (anj) probably around 830 or so..maybe on the border in woburn?
I am sure I can manage to get there. I will call you after work tonight about meeting up

Tim, do you just want to give me $35 and we will be even. I know marshall owes you money too. I can pay for him if need be. let me know how you want to set it up.

That works. You will see Marshall way before I may, so if you don't mind that would be great. I should be at the neverland ranch around 6:30 or so
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ill be there! Hey, since were on all this talk about boost spiking and what not would anyone be willing to let me borrow their low boost spring for a month or two? I have the hallaman pro rx and lost the soft spring and I currently have the stiff spring turned all the way down and I still spike 25-26 psi which I don't like at all. I'm actually afraid to give it full throttle in 3rd or 4th gear on colder nights. I would only need to spring until mayish when it gets warmer out then I would return it to the owner. ill even pay a rental fee if anyone can help me out... hahah
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoooB
Ill be there! Hey, since were on all this talk about boost spiking and what not would anyone be willing to let me borrow their low boost spring for a month or two? I have the hallaman pro rx and lost the soft spring and I currently have the stiff spring turned all the way down and I still spike 25-26 psi which I don't like at all. I'm actually afraid to give it full throttle in 3rd or 4th gear on colder nights. I would only need to spring until mayish when it gets warmer out then I would return it to the owner. ill even pay a rental fee if anyone can help me out... hahah
Buy my Forge MBC. 60 bucks delivered at the meet tomorrow
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:15 AM

tim- i may not be around tomorrow night. i have to get my car inspected and it's a bit dicey because it's a 2004 with a motor from 2001. in MA that's a no-no. i may know someone who can get it to pass, but that means i have to take a half day tomorrow.

Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:20 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Mikie, i know the guy that sits next to me has a 2002 motor in his 2000 buick. I am not sure it will be an issue as long as the OBD works with it, which it should. To check you can plug in the OBD scanner we have and run the diagnostics check. If everything is Ready that is supposed to be it will pass. The year of the motor shouldn't matter, the fact that it wasnt from this country may
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by crazymikie
tim- i may not be around tomorrow night. i have to get my car inspected and it's a bit dicey because it's a 2004 with a motor from 2001. in MA that's a no-no. i may know someone who can get it to pass, but that means i have to take a half day tomorrow.

Well, if you want, leave the money with turco, and I will drop off your lugs. I have to go by and get my mount anyways. Is that cool with you if I just stop by to do that?? That way everyone gets what is theirs
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
Buy my Forge MBC. 60 bucks delivered at the meet tomorrow
Haha... all set. If it was november or december and it was a while before spring comes I would probably do it, but not with only a month or two until warmer weather. Thanks anyway
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

haha i've been playing cysis and bioshock all morning @ work

testing my fixes is by far the coolest part of my job
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by IMR-TIM
Well, if you want, leave the money with turco, and I will drop off your lugs. I have to go by and get my mount anyways. Is that cool with you if I just stop by to do that?? That way everyone gets what is theirs
that's cool. i appreciate it. i owe you a trip up to nashua for some beers.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 08:57 AM

Mikie, i know the guy that sits next to me has a 2002 motor in his 2000 buick. I am not sure it will be an issue as long as the OBD works with it, which it should. To check you can plug in the OBD scanner we have and run the diagnostics check. If everything is Ready that is supposed to be it will pass. The year of the motor shouldn't matter, the fact that it wasnt from this country may
but remember- i put in a different ECU and i think the ECU has the VIN hardcoded. supposedly the dealer can reprogram them, so i may have to do that.

also, putting in a newer motor is fine (emissions regulations get more and more stringent) but putting in an older motor in MA is a no-go.

does anyone have an obd2 scantool that can read VINs? that's the easiest thing to do.
Old Mar 6, 2008, 09:26 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

JB gets it!:
Originally Posted by JohnBradley
Timing is irrelevant to a point. After reading what Mark Shead had to say in the Magnus intake manifold thread (before it disappeared), I decided to go out and try running as much boost on pump without knock as possible. I also log WHP as a function of load so I can quantify changes.

Best with 25-22psi and timing ranging from 2-3* to 14* by redline was 375whp

Best with 28.9 tapering to 25 and timing going from 0* to 9* was 405whp. I dont have an EGT probe, but there was also no knock. I have one log from testing running that level of boost but there was some knock but not till it tapered to almost 23 (that was just a simple miscalculation).

cliffs- drop timing, keep AFR's where you want them, raise boost...profit?

Quick Reply: Worcester/Boston Social Thread